• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refund Question

DunksWife

Earning My Ears
Hi! This may be a silly question but I must ask. I have made 3 Resort reservations and canceled all three (better offer for us keeps coming along). Now we're set for our trip but I still have not seen our refunds in my account. Does anyone know how long it can take for Disney to give you a refund. The person I talked to said that it can take up to two billing cycles? I've never heard of it taken that long.

Thanks so much!

2 billing cycles is their standard CYA answer, partly I'm sure to prevent people from calling looking for their refunds.

But did you actually get charged 3 separate $200 (or one night for room only) deposits? Because I thought they often just transferred your deposit from the old reservation to the new one. If that's correct, I wouldn't expect that you would be getting a refund. But if you paid 3 separate deposits, then obviously you would.

I've waited about 3 weeks for a Disney credit to show up on my credit card before though.

I too was told up to two business cycles. It took about two weeks to get my refund.

I cancelled my room resort reservation 2weeks ago and last Tuesday I got my deposit refunded to my Disney Visa back.

But did you actually get charged 3 separate $200 (or one night for room only) deposits? Because I thought they often just transferred your deposit from the old reservation to the new one. If that's correct, I wouldn't expect that you would be getting a refund. But if you paid 3 separate deposits, then obviously you would.

I second this question. When you called for the better offers, did you really cancel the first, or just modify your existing reservation? Did the reservation number stay the same each time? I think that would answer your question! If it stayed the same, then you were modifying your existing reservation. If you paid $200 on 3 seperate occasions to the same ressie number, then you should have a $600 credit to your reservation. Call Disney, and ask them in more detail what you account shows, and ask them to send you a copy of the reservation via email.

I have heard of it taking 2 billing cycles to show a refund. Let's hope you were really modifying your existing reservation, rather than cancelling each time & rebooking.

I cancelled a pkg reservation and the lady said she filled out a form for us to get a refund. Since I wanted to book a room only reservation I asked if I could just put the $200 towards my rm only and she said no. I guess they cannot transfer the funds from one to another. Anyway, I had my money back within a week. You may want to call and check.

I have had disney tell me they had to do a refund when making changes to a package.roomonly kind of thing. Someimes they can modify and keep original ressie, and soemtiems hey have to start over. It also depends a litle on how good your CM is. Sometimes they are not all that experienced, IMO.

the few imes I've done this, it has taken maybe a week or two to go through. Even payments don't go through the same day. You credit card company could also be a factor in the delayed refund.

You may want to check with them to see if a refund is in the process of being processed.

Another thing is what about trip insurance. OP if you opted for trip insurance on any or all three of your package ressies, you will receive a refund less the insurance as it is non refundable. Make sure you check this out as well only if you booked packages.

I cancelled a pkg reservation and the lady said she filled out a form for us to get a refund. Since I wanted to book a room only reservation I asked if I could just put the $200 towards my rm only and she said no. I guess they cannot transfer the funds from one to another. Anyway, I had my money back within a week. You may want to call and check.

According to the CM that I spoke with back in 2006 the room only reservations and package reservations are two different systems. So they were not able to transfer my room only deposit either. I had to cancel that one and make a new package ressie. It only took me a week as well to receive my deposit back.

Thank you so much everyone! This helps out a lot. I had to cancel and restart each time. They couldn't transfer anything so I guess I'll sit and wait!

I guess it depends whether the credit is going back to a credit card or a debit card. I modified my reservation last week and this week I saw the refund on my Disney Visa. It took 4 business days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter