Refillable Popcorn Buckets

They really should just come out with a passholder only bucket like DL has. Put the year on it and sell it for $10-15. Take the bucket and proof of AP and get $1 regula until the new year comes

But if it's dated as being good until Dec 31, 2018, does last very long with those Christmas trips.

What does it cost to "chip" a paper cup? Could that be applied to a bucket?

But if it's dated as being good until Dec 31, 2018, does last very long with those Christmas trips.

What does it cost to "chip" a paper cup? Could that be applied to a bucket?

That would just have to be something people would have to take into consideration. But most AP's go more than just one time.

Even if you just took one trip in December you could get your money's worth.

Same thing AMC theaters do. They sell a large popcorn bucket for about $25 one time fee, then refills are $4.25. Bucket says "good until Dec 31st, 2018"

I'm with Jeremy on this one...what does length of stay actually mean? Every time we go I always buy a new bucket, but if everyone else is reusing theirs, then I'm going to do the same!

I bought a new one this trip. I had one of the originals when each park had their own bucket, and one of the Mickey pumpkin ones from the fall. The one I bought last week has all 4 parks on it.

We have a few popcorn buckets. We bought a new one on our last trip at the end of January, and I think we've decided we're going to bring it when we go next week. If we have to buy a new one then we will but it doesn't hurt to try to use it.

I agree they need a passholder bucket. I would be willing to pay more for an AP bucket, too, if I knew it was guaranteed for the year I have the AP (like $20 compared to the $10 they are now, nothing outrageous). I would think Disney could make more money that way, since otherwise probably lots of passholders are just bring back the old buckets.

Last edited:
We just returned and waited until our 3rd day to buy a bucket because I wanted a Star Wars one from Studios. But sadly they were not available and we ended up with the generic "all parks" one they are currently using.

My friend came back from WDW yesterday and they filled their buckets multiple times during their stay. She mentioned that it was 1.50$ for the refill except on their last day at MK where the price had gone up by 30 cents (cart in Adventureland). Do they fluctuate the price of refills when it's a more busy time?

My friend came back from WDW yesterday and they filled their buckets multiple times during their stay. She mentioned that it was 1.50$ for the refill except on their last day at MK where the price had gone up by 30 cents (cart in Adventureland). Do they fluctuate the price of refills when it's a more busy time?
Unless it was something new I never paid more then a buck fifty for my refill and that was even canada and the world cart with cheddar and my new fave sour cream and onion.

I assume you’re saying they filled old buckets? Herein is my initial issue with this — why was i denied a refill when your friends were not? Ultimately, some can say I was “wrong” because I brought an older bucket and not one I bought on this current stay - and I was, I’ll admit - but I’d like to see some consistency here...assuming they used the older bucket.

It’s VERY easy from a customer service standpoint to simply point to the new buckets and say “these are the only ones we refill currently.”

Once again, I don’t necessarily care that I was denied a refill (in fact, it wasn’t me that was denied, but a family member), but I think they need to become consistent. That said, I do plan on buying a new bucket next time.

I assume you’re saying they filled old buckets? Herein is my initial issue with this — why was i denied a refill when your friends were not? Ultimately, some can say I was “wrong” because I brought an older bucket and not one I bought on this current stay - and I was, I’ll admit - but I’d like to see some consistency here...assuming they used the older bucket.

It’s VERY easy from a customer service standpoint to simply point to the new buckets and say “these are the only ones we refill currently.”

Once again, I don’t necessarily care that I was denied a refill (in fact, it wasn’t me that was denied, but a family member), but I think they need to become consistent. That said, I do plan on buying a new bucket next time.

She was refilling a bucket they had bought earlier that week, not an old one.

I think their biggest concern was the price difference from the begining of the week to the end.

I'm just going to say something, and its not against anybody on her for using your popcorn bucket on your next visit. I get it, It's the cheapest snack.

But just like the refillable mugs you pay 19. You can use for the length of stay, usually that lenght of stay is 14 days and that is how long your chip is good for, but if you are there longer you let them know and they reactivate it. This is my fear. These refillable buckets are nice, but they are not at Disneyland, well for AP people only and that is only sometime. Who knows if they decide to pull them if people abuse the "I'm going to bring my bucket from six moths ago, or a year and see if I can still get the buck fifty refill."

The problem is there is no chip to say how long the length of stay is, and they depend on the buyers honesty, but I get it. I fly, I don't want to have to keep buying new buckets, why can't I just bring the one I already have and get the refill. Fine, no problem, but at least pay the ten dollars buy in. Just like the soda refill cups. You CAN bring your old ones to use for your trip, you just need to pay to reactivate it.

I know we all want to save money, and this really is the best value for your buck, at disney. I mean at home I barely pay two bucks for a bag of popcorn. So yes. I will probably bring my pail from last trip, but I'll also buy a new one to give to the people I'm traveling with so they have a cheap souviner. and we can split the popcorn between the buckets.

I'm just going to say something, and its not against anybody on her for using your popcorn bucket on your next visit. I get it, It's the cheapest snack.

But just like the refillable mugs you pay 19. You can use for the length of stay, usually that lenght of stay is 14 days and that is how long your chip is good for, but if you are there longer you let them know and they reactivate it. This is my fear. These refillable buckets are nice, but they are not at Disneyland, well for AP people only and that is only sometime. Who knows if they decide to pull them if people abuse the "I'm going to bring my bucket from six moths ago, or a year and see if I can still get the buck fifty refill."

The problem is there is no chip to say how long the length of stay is, and they depend on the buyers honesty, but I get it. I fly, I don't want to have to keep buying new buckets, why can't I just bring the one I already have and get the refill. Fine, no problem, but at least pay the ten dollars buy in. Just like the soda refill cups. You CAN bring your old ones to use for your trip, you just need to pay to reactivate it.

I know we all want to save money, and this really is the best value for your buck, at disney. I mean at home I barely pay two bucks for a bag of popcorn. So yes. I will probably bring my pail from last trip, but I'll also buy a new one to give to the people I'm traveling with so they have a cheap souviner. and we can split the popcorn between the buckets.

Plus I use it to pack my valuables home so they don't get smashed.

As far as the price varying, I had the experience last year of the refill being more expensive at the cart outside of The Land at Epcot. It was more expensive there than where we filled it in Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.

I think a bucket cost $10? Is it really worth the hassle to pack it in your suitcase and risk felling like a cheater or for a cm to call you out on it for $10?

As far as the price varying, I had the experience last year of the refill being more expensive at the cart outside of The Land at Epcot. It was more expensive there than where we filled it in Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.
Is that the cart that offers kettle corn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter