Refillable mug for longer than 14 days?

Jrpbabe2003

Mouseketeer
I have read that cast members can make the mugs valid for longer than 14 days. Is this true? We are at BW for 3 days and then move off property for 7 days, and then at Poly for another 7 days. Can I get a mug at the beginning of the BW stay and have it all the way to the end of the Poly portion?

Don't think that can work. As you know, the Rapid Refill mugs have a chip in bottom that the soft drink dispenser reads and knows your check out date. When you purchase they are activated for "length of stay" for your room and expire at midnight the day you check out.
Anytime you check out and check back in, even if at the same resort, same room and on consecutive days, you'll have to purchase a new mug to use and have activated for 2nd reservation. Might be able to have old mug activated instead, but doubt it. When you buy the service for refillable beverages the mug is a part of the deal so you'll get a new one anyway and both cannot be active on the same reservation. Even if its lost. Lose one and they won't replace with a 2nd that's active unless you buy the privilege again.
Multiple MBs yes. Multiple mugs for same guest, no.

We had a mug for 17 days. The cashier in the quick food place st OKW reactivated it after 14 days at no cost. It worked fine.

Interesting. Looks like 3 issues being discussed.
1. Can you use the mug at resorts other than your home resort? Yes, they made that possible last year.
2. Does a mug included with dining plan expire when dining plan expires? That was how it was "suppose" to work.
3. When does a mug purchased separately expire? 14 days.

It sounds like for Disney's convenience all are activated for 14 days. And CMs probably don't care enough to debate when asked to extend.

Don't think that can work. As you know, the Rapid Refill mugs have a chip in bottom that the soft drink dispenser reads and knows your check out date. When you purchase they are activated for "length of stay" for your room and expire at midnight the day you check out.
Anytime you check out and check back in, even if at the same resort, same room and on consecutive days, you'll have to purchase a new mug to use and have activated for 2nd reservation. Might be able to have old mug activated instead, but doubt it. When you buy the service for refillable beverages the mug is a part of the deal so you'll get a new one anyway and both cannot be active on the same reservation. Even if its lost. Lose one and they won't replace with a 2nd that's active unless you buy the privilege again.
Multiple MBs yes. Multiple mugs for same guest, no.
this is not true. I have used mugs in both a traditional split stay (back to back), and in the situation described by op (off site stay in between), and the mug worked without any special request on my part. However, it did fit in the 14 day range.

There are ways to change the 14 day max. This is not set in stone, however I don't now how it is done. In the attached pic it shows the date 8-07-15 for my refills. I purchased the mug on our first day which was July 10, 2015. The other mugs did expire after 14 days though.
image.jpeg

If we have a split stay, back to back, would we have to purchase a new mug for the last few nights?

Mugs are advertised for the length of your stay, but are programmed for 14 days. If your length of stay is legitimately longer than 14 days, they will extend the expiration for you. If you have a split stay, especially with an off-site gap in the middle, I doubt they'll be so kind.

My split stay is back to back, checking out of one hotel on the 4th, and into the next on the same day.

Mugs are advertised for the length of your stay, but are programmed for 14 days. If your length of stay is legitimately longer than 14 days, they will extend the expiration for you. If you have a split stay, especially with an off-site gap in the middle, I doubt they'll be so kind.

I would agree with this.

If you have a single stay of 17 nights, they will reactivate for the extra four days.
If you have a split stay of five nights then five nights, the mug works for 14 days so you are fine.
If you have a stay of five nights, a break of 10 nights then a stay of five nights, the mug will no longer work for the second stay. Then you are not on the original booking where you purchased a mug for "length of stay", so there is no obligation for the food court to extend the validity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter