>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Disney Food Blog has social media images of the Mickeys flipped up and they look fine. Especially if you use a straw. I’m sure it lays back far enough and locks into a spot where it takes you trying to move it back to closed, for it to close.

From Disney Food Blog article on the new lids:

New-Resort-Mug-Lids-Mickey-Lids-Refillable-Mugs-Cups-10.jpg

Last edited:
Just arrived at All Star Movies….they still have the old style. i Didn’t buy as I want the neW lid!

OMG, does this mean the current mugs have handles??? There were 2 years there where the mug has no handle and I could not use it as my hands don't open/stretch to grip the cup. I brought my older mug with handle with me, but they couldn't reactivate it because the chip had been thru the dishwasher a million times lol. So I bought and activated a new mug, then carried both mugs with me everywhere and used the new one to get a drink then poured it into the old one with the handle. CMs kept stopping me and saying you're not allowed to pour into a different cup. Well then would you like me to stick my face into the mug like a horse cause that's the only way it will work, I cannot pick it up. I paid for a new mug with no handle, I just can't drink from it, what do you want from me! I'm not trying to break the rules I just want my coffee!

I am so excited for mugs with handles I can't even tell you, you don't realize what a pain in the behind it is until suddenly there's no handle and you're sneaking around trying to hide behind a corner to pour into a mug you can use where no one will yell at you

Last edited:
Excited for the new mugs! I really like the look of the hidden Mickey-style lid. This is might sound odd, but I cannot drink from a straw. Does Mickey flip back far enough so that one can drink straight from the cup without a straw? Thanks so much for any info!

Excited for the new mugs! I really like the look of the hidden Mickey-style lid. This is might sound odd, but I cannot drink from a straw. Does Mickey flip back far enough so that one can drink straight from the cup without a straw? Thanks so much for any info!
Yes the Mickey cap folds completely back and rests flat with the lid on the opposite side. 180 degree flip. You can drink without a straw.

Random question. Did anyone else have trouble with the new Mickey lids leaking/dribbling? I don't mean leaking from the Mickey cap/lid portion, I mean from the "seal" that is formed between the lid and the mug. When we were at AoA in June, we bought 5 mugs and every single one of them would dribble/leak as we drank out of them (and yes, we had the lids on tightly). It was so annoying. When we got home, we tried one of the old lids on the mugs and they seal perfectly. I haven't seen anyone else mention the leaking so I'm wondering if someone randomly sabotaged the 5 mugs we grabbed from various displays at AoA. :D

I was wondering whether I can get any milk when I get my coffee in the resort mug in the morning. As far as I understand, I can't get milk from the dispenser. Are there any condiments around the refill stations? We will be staying at CBR, so probably won't get my coffee at the food court refill station every morning if that makes a difference.

Can we bring old lids from home to use with a new mug? Not sure how I feel about the Mickey lids, but I don't want to get in trouble for using an "old" mug.

I was wondering whether I can get any milk when I get my coffee in the resort mug in the morning. As far as I understand, I can't get milk from the dispenser. Are there any condiments around the refill stations? We will be staying at CBR, so probably won't get my coffee at the food court refill station every morning if that makes a difference.
They will have some kind of creamer at the coffee stations, either in a dispenser or in the tiny plastic cups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter