>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

This is a very late reply, but refillable mugs will work at all resorts. In Nov/Dec used mine at several resorts through my trip. The machine at Contemporary was down and then seemed to mess with my chip but I just had it reset at my resort later on. They said they could clearly see when it was activated and just reset it. I didn’t have any further issues at any resort after that.

Hubby was there for the Marathon Weekend week and again used his everywhere.
It’s just the parks that it can’t be used in. But it’s good at any of the Disney Hotels.
Thank you! I haven’t gone on my trip yet so appreciate the reply!

Is Disney letting you refill your own mugs now? Are the freestyle machines in the various "islands" open at Caribbean Beach yet?

IS it $20 to reactivate the mugs after 14 days? OR is there a cheaper "reactivation" fee? We are about to activate our APs and do a long weekend stay every other month or so. Trying to figure out if it's worth it.

IS it $20 to reactivate the mugs after 14 days? OR is there a cheaper "reactivation" fee? We are about to activate our APs and do a long weekend stay every other month or so. Trying to figure out if it's worth it.

There's no separate reactivation price. It's the same price to buy a new mug or reactivate one you already have.

Dumb question-but how do you clean these while at the resorts..

I buy a baby bottle brush at Walmart or the Dollar Store and take a travel size bottle of dish soap along with us. I usually leave those items in the laundry room or vending area with a "free" sign when we check out. I used to just use a wash cloth and whatever soap was in the room when we first started doing the refillable mugs -- back when the mugs were short and fat and I could get my hand inside to wash them. Once Disney switched to the tall and skinny mugs I found it easier to use the bottle brush.

Bump. I'm interested in this as well. Is it available at all resorts or only select ones?
I’d like to know this as well! Also does anyone know if you must be a resort guest to buy a mug? Can anyone buy one and get refills for 14 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter