>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Not sure what the problem is. No one has to put the mug in their pocket. Carry it. And if you have so many to carry, draft one of your children to carry some. Or use a carrier, that Disney provides.

It's kind of funny. Starbucks doesn't have handles. McDonald's doesn't have handles. They all use carriers. But, oh no, Disney doesn't have handles. How could they??
I don't think it's anything extraordinary that some people want handles and some people don't. Having a choice is the key to success in this for Disney, as it pleases all the people instead of just some. Yay for handles (from our little family)

I don't think it's anything extraordinary that some people want handles and some people don't. Having a choice is the key to success in this for Disney, as it pleases all the people instead of just some. Yay for handles (from our little family)
I don't know that Disney has ever had a choice. They have offered one or the other. Maybe it is the key to success, but they haven't been using it.

Maybe they are going to do it now and have both. I don't know. Maybe they are going to back to having handles. I don't know.

What I do know is that it is pretty funny how up in arms people are over handles.

(I don't care one way or the other if the mugs have handles. Yes, I use them. Handles are nice at Disney, no handles are nice at home.)

I don't know that Disney has ever had a choice. They have offered one or the other. Maybe it is the key to success, but they haven't been using it.

Maybe they are going to do it now and have both. I don't know. Maybe they are going to back to having handles. I don't know.

What I do know is that it is pretty funny how up in arms people are over handles.

(I don't care one way or the other if the mugs have handles. Yes, I use them. Handles are nice at Disney, no handles are nice at home.)
Disney needs to check out Disboards as part of their research into merchandise/dining/transportation etc to find what the visitors really think/want/don't like :-)

This doesn't help anybody, but at Restaurantosaurus behind the counter there are 'souvenir' mugs for seven dollars that seem to look exactly like the handled resort mugs. I don't recall seeing those before.... Excess inventory??

They are park souvenir mugs, all parks have them, specific to each park, no chip no refills but they all do have handles

Ok I am oficially confused, does the mugs have handles theese days or dont they?

I have a question that's not about handles and not answered in the OP. If I'm doing a split stay onsite/offsite/onsite with dining plan during the onsite stays, can I use the mug from the first onsite stay for the second onsite stay? If so, will it work automatically because it's affiliated with my MDE profile, or will I have to activate it somehow?

I have a question that's not about handles and not answered in the OP. If I'm doing a split stay onsite/offsite/onsite with dining plan during the onsite stays, can I use the mug from the first onsite stay for the second onsite stay?

By default the mugs are good for 14 days from 1st activation. So as long as your entire trip in under 14 days you're good.

If so, will it work automatically because it's affiliated with my MDE profile, or will I have to activate it somehow?

The mug activation is not tied to your MDE account, they are on 2 different systems. If you're on the Dining Plan when you purchase the mug the CM will scan your Magic Band and get confirmation that the mug is free. But the Rapid Refill system is not connected to the MDE system. Once the mug is activated by the CM when you purchase it the Rapid Refill System marks it valid for 14 days.

If I'm there longer than 14 days, do I just show my receipt to the cashier and get the cup scanned for additional days?

I have a question that's not about handles and not answered in the OP. If I'm doing a split stay onsite/offsite/onsite with dining plan during the onsite stays, can I use the mug from the first onsite stay for the second onsite stay? If so, will it work automatically because it's affiliated with my MDE profile, or will I have to activate it somehow?
Since you will have two different reservations, you can also pick up another mug. You would receive one for each reservation that has the dining plan.

Glad to see the handles coming back. We did get one without the handles and did not like it at all carrying it around the resort.

Question here - what kind of coffee is available for these mugs?

Also, at CR - can you get your mug filled anywhere besides Contempo Cafe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter