>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Can you get soda, coffee, etc., WITHOUT a mug, or will we have to purchase a mug to get a beverage at our food court (ASMu)? We are not on the dining plan and probably won't drink enough to justify buying mugs, but it would be nice to get the occasional iced tea while sitting by the pool. If we don't purchase a mug, how does this work?

Can you get soda, coffee, etc., WITHOUT a mug, or will we have to purchase a mug to get a beverage at our food court (ASMu)? We are not on the dining plan and probably won't drink enough to justify buying mugs, but it would be nice to get the occasional iced tea while sitting by the pool. If we don't purchase a mug, how does this work?

No you don't have to buy a mug. You can purchase a coffee, Ice Tea or soft drink and you will get a disposable cup to fill up.

Paper cups for drinks are pretty much the same price as in the parks, $2.99 I think. Good for refills for 1 or 2 hours from purchase.

If we add on a night and it doesn't include our original stay, but is within the 14 days, at a different resort, can we use our mugs there, as well?

Does anyone know how much the activation fee is if I want to use my Refillable Mug from a visit a couple of months ago?

Thanks so much

Are the refillable mugs available at the Swan? If so, are they the same ones that can be used at all Disney Resorts?
Thanks!

Are the refillable mugs available at the Swan? If so, are they the same ones that can be used at all Disney Resorts?
Thanks!

I don't know if the Swan has their own version of a Refillable Mug. But even if they do, you would not be able to use it at any WDW resorts.

If we add on a night and it doesn't include our original stay, but is within the 14 days, at a different resort, can we use our mugs there, as well?

I would expect you'd be able to keep using your mugs, yes. Once active the mugs can be used at any Disney resort.

I hadn't thought of that, thanks for letting me know! I've added it to the FAQ.
Hi Lynne, what happens if youre in a QS restaurant and you have a soda drink with your meal and then want a hot drink afterwards, is there somewhere to wash you mug so you can put some coffee or hot chocolate in it ?

Hi Lynne, what happens if youre in a QS restaurant and you have a soda drink with your meal and then want a hot drink afterwards, is there somewhere to wash you mug so you can put some coffee or hot chocolate in it ?

Yes, there should be a mug-washing station (better known as a sink :)) near each Rapid Fill dispenser.

is the water option a filtered water? is it Dasani? -being a Coke product i sure wish it was. I am trying to decide if i should lug a case of water in our checked baggage (free to check our SW bags), or if i can get by with the refillable mug choices. I never drink soda, and i'm nursing so i cant have caffeine. I also don't like drinking sugar drinks.

is the water option a filtered water? is it Dasani? -being a Coke product i sure wish it was. I am trying to decide if i should lug a case of water in our checked baggage (free to check our SW bags), or if i can get by with the refillable mug choices. I never drink soda, and i'm nursing so i cant have caffeine. I also don't like drinking sugar drinks.
It's filtered but it's not a brand name. Take a look at the picture in the first post of this thread. The water dispenser just says WATER.

You can buy bottled Dasani. But the water from the soda machine is the same water the soda and the ice is made from, tap water that should be filtered. There usually is also Minute Maid light lemonade if you want a no sugar drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!