• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RED ALERT: How to gain 6lbs in 4 DAYS (with Pics)!!

MadiMouse

Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel
Well, well, well. This is my first attempt at posting some type of Food Report, trip report, or whatever you may call it. YES, you too could gain 6lbs in 4 days IF you followed my diet plan. :banana:

First, let me tell you about the cast in this story.
Me-Disney Fanatic and my family thinks I am crazy. :confused3
DH-He is a picky eater but he is down for his wifey.
DD-She just turned a year old and this is her 2nd trip to Disney and she is definately willing to eat anything...well, she will put it in her mouth and spit it out. We were on the DDP except our for our 1st night at Pop and we paid OOP.

We were so psyched about this trip. We were celebrating my DH's and my DD's birthdays. We live in Atlanta so it is only 6 hours away and we decided to drive...well, my DH decided to drive after we waited to the week of the trip to look for flights. :confused3 Men. :rotfl:

We arrived on December 13th and we stayed at POP century for one night. Well, we were not too fond of the rooms and will probably never stay there again, BUT we :lovestruc the foodcourt.

I did not take any pics of the food except dessert because we were sooo hungry.
Me: Individual Pepporoni Pizza, Lipton Sweet Tea
DH: Double Cheeseburger w/ fries, Lipton Sweet Tea
DD: She shared with us.
Desserts: 2 Tye Dyed Cheesecake slices
1stbdayandWDW125.jpg

Overall, we loved the cheeseburger, fries, and cheesecake. OMG!:worship: However, the pizza was NOT good at all and we played over that. Grade: A-

The next morning, we checked out of POP and headed over to the GF!:banana: After checking in, we decided to drive over to DTD. We did not have a hard time finding somewhere to park either. I already knew I wanted to eat at Earl of Sandwich.

Me: The original, chips, soda
DH: BLT, chips, soda
DD: milk, some of our sandwiches, chips-It's her vacation, too!!
The original
1stbdayandWDW141.jpg

The BLT
1stbdayandWDW142.jpg

Overall, those were the best sandwiches ever. We were able to sit out on the patio and people watch as we had lunch.
Grade: A++

Stay tuned, review of Goofy's candy shop and its wonderful CMs.

OK, your pic convinced me that I have to get the BLT next time at Earl of Sandwich. I usually get the meatball. That looks so good!

Enjoying your report.

OK, your pic convinced me that I have to get the BLT next time at Earl of Sandwich. I usually get the meatball. That looks so good!

Enjoying your report.

My DH said it was so DELISH!! Thank you for reading.

And to the others in Lurkdum, please come out and reply!!!!

The tie dye cheesecake looks cool! Too bad I will never stay at that resort, haha. I've heard so many good things about EOS. Now...I'm gonna go eat, haha, thanks!

The tie dye cheesecake looks cool! Too bad I will never stay at that resort, haha. I've heard so many good things about EOS. Now...I'm gonna go eat, haha, thanks!

We do NOT plan to ever stay there again, but Pete, I swear that cheesecake is DELISH!!! So, we will just drive over there to eat. Earl of Sandwich is oh, so good. Thank you for dropping by.

Cas

Pete,

We will probably not ever stay there again unless we were really crunching and budgeting, but that tye dyed cheesecake was like :worship: !! Earl of Sandwich was great too. I guess we will just drive over to POP to eat. :lmao:

Second Installment:

We were still in DTD and we knew we had to make a stop at Goofy's Candy Shop. It was my DH's B-day and he was wearing his pins. The CM's made a big deal about it. I just knew he would not like it because he is very quiet in a group/crowd and he is very laid back. Forever on his laptop!! I call him my Georgia Tech Nerd (His Alma Mater).

DH with his B-day Certificate
1stbdayandWDW160.jpg

Of course I ordered a Mickey Rice Crispy treat covered in milk chocolate, crushed oreos, pecans/walnuts, drizzled with white chocolate. Can you say SWEEEEETTTT????
1stbdayandWDW153.jpg

DH ordered a candy apple covered in caramel, white chocolate with sprinkles. (Didn't get a pic)
Random pics
1stbdayandWDW154.jpg

1stbdayandWDW156.jpg

It took us a full 7 days to eat those items. OMG, sooo sweet! Poor Madi, she did not get any but she had her share of Colored goldfish.

Up next...Can you spell G-H-I-R-A-R-D-E-L-L-I Fountain & Soda Shop?

DTD Con't...

Now, you should see a pattern. I was consuming goodies and pounds all within a couple of hours. While doing some shopping, I saw the sign: GHIRADELLI! Now, a good southern gal like me could NEVER pass up some icecream.

We ordered one World Famous Hot Fudge sundae. We had two spoons. One for DH and one for me and DD.
1stbdayandWDW173.jpg

It was soo good that we almost forgot to take a pic. We also ordered a water and we paid OOP. What more could a girl ask for??

After partaking in our Oh-so-good sundae, we went to Mickey D's and bought Madi a Chicken nugget happy meal with juice and apple slices. She ate 1.5 nuggets, a couple of apple slices and I FINISHED it off for her!!!!!!!:scared1:
Just unneccessary pounds!!

Misc Snacks

Once upon returning to the GF to refreshen up for dinner at O'hana's and MVMCP, I decided to go to the Gingerbread house/shop to buy some gingerbread. I didn't take a pic of the gingerbread men but I do have a pic of the house. I bought 2 gingerbread men...one for DH (which I swallowed down) and one for fellow DISer Glendamax (mtg up with her at MVMCP).
1stbdayandWDW181.jpg

OMG, the smell was amazing. Am I greedy or what? Well, at least I warned you.:lmao:

OMG! This should be call the SWEET TOOTH report! I feel all surgary just reading this!

Love the pics! :goodvibes

This is my kind of review! Candy, sweets, and more sweets! :rotfl2: Beautiful picture of the gingerbread house; I hope to one day be down in WDW to see the holiday decorations myself. Also, I'm a big Earl fan too; I usually get the Caprese, but I need to find me a new sandwich to try in May.

Your DD is adorable, btw. So cute! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review!

Hey fellow Georgia girl! I live not too far from you! We are in Augusta (about 2 hours on I-20 from Atlanta). We will be driving down as well next month. Love your review! Can't wait to see more!!

Wow! 112 views! DISers REALLY like their sweets!!!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter