Recommendations for Totorla and St. Thomas Excursions

It does, but I don’t think there’s anything I can do…hopefully I’ll have better weather…

I hope you had a great time, though - that sucks
As she said, that was weird weather. Lots of YouTube videos of strong winds, guests being called back to the ship then.

These things can happen, even in non-hurricane season. But most of us sail without weather issues; that is the norm. Something different is what usually makes the news.

I bet she had a good enough time to book another cruise to the same place ☺️

When you come home, I would love to read your trip report that tells of the great adventure your cruise was. There is a Trip Report section on Page 1 of this Cruise Forum.

As she said, that was weird weather. Lots of YouTube videos of strong winds, guests being called back to the ship then.

These things can happen, even in non-hurricane season. But most of us sail without weather issues; that is the norm. Something different is what usually makes the news.

When you come home, I would love to read your trip report that tells of the great adventure your cruise was. There is a Trip Report section on Page 1 of this Cruise Forum.
I will! I’ve added a couple of days at WDW, so during my down time I’ll try to report…or maybe even when I’m relaxing in my room on Fantasy…I tend to procrastinate, but I will try hard not to - you guys have been such a help, and I want to pay it back !

I will! I’ve added a couple of days at WDW, so during my down time I’ll try to report…or maybe even when I’m relaxing in my room on Fantasy…I tend to procrastinate, but I will try hard not to - you guys have been such a help, and I want to pay it back !
The yellow note feature on my iPad came in handy when I took a long cruise with lots of ports. I jotted notes about what I saw and did. I still need a reminder what excursion was in which port (That was a B2B New England & Canada, stopping at some ports in both cruises.)

The yellow note feature on my iPad came in handy when I took a long cruise with lots of ports. I jotted notes about what I saw and did. I still need a reminder what excursion was in which port (That was a B2B New England & Canada, stopping at some ports in both cruises.)
That’s a great idea - thanks!

Take that back. We ate here but the one overlooking the harbor was a different one

Doesn’t sound familiar but my memory could be foggy

That is the current name, per the website. Very possibly named something else in the past. I see there’s another restaurant, Prime at Paradise Point, open at dinner, but that means a different named restaurant could have been there, too. They are ne t to each other.

So, not necessarily brain fog. Maybe name and/or ownership change. Or maybe brain fog. You were on vacation, yes? 😉

I’m attaching the second review I wrote for Day Trips BVI below. Not sure if you’re open to non-Disney excursions (or if they’d have availability), but we’ve loved both trips with them on our Tortola days. Figured someone may find the suggestion useful! You do have to take a taxi to meet them at the dock, but that is easy to arrange at the port.

Check out this review of Island Boat Tour in and around the stunning waters of the British Virgin Islands on Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...ning_waters_of_the_British_Virgin_Island.html
We'll be in Tortola for the first time next Feb on Treasure. The Day Trips BVI looked very interesting, also very pricy. The website is currently listing $1300 for full day island hopping and $950 for a couples tour (+ tip). Does this sound like your experience - cost wise? We are avid snorkelers, and this looks super fun, but it's not cheap at all. The DCL excursion for Treasure Island swim & snorkel is only $220 (for a 1/2 day).

ETA: Has anyone sailed with Aristocat Day Sails in the BVI?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
We'll be in Tortola for the first time next Feb on Treasure. The Day Trips BVI looked very interesting, also very pricy. The website is currently listing $1300 for full day island hopping and $950 for a couples tour (+ tip). Does this sound like your experience - cost wise? We are avid snorkelers, and this looks super fun, but it's not cheap at all. The DCL excursion for Treasure Island swim & snorkel is only $220 (for a 1/2 day).

ETA: Has anyone sailed with Aristocat Day Sails in the BVI?

Thoughts?
The price has definitely gone up, then 🫤. We were more like $1000 for the full day (got a cash discount though).

I haven’t used Aristocat but it’s pinned on my TripAdvisor board since I have read nothing but good things about them.

We did indeed have a wonderful time! 😊 There is no such thing as a bad cruise when you cruise DCL!

If you have time in St. Thomas, it's a fun experience to go to Mountaintop. The view is absolutely stunning. The banana daiquiri is pretty good, too!
1708954193621.jpeg

we did The Baths through DCL last May. I'm glad I saw it but probably wouldn't do it again. We were late for our early dinner seating because we had to wait on Virgin Gorda for all the shuttles to get back to the dock. We got back to the ship at 5:45pm so we ran, showered, (went to dinner with wet hair) but managed to be only 20 minutes late. The afternoon felt like a lot of running around. We're booked on the Fantasy for late August and we'll probably just stay on Tortola this time instead.

On St Thomas we love to go to Sapphire Beach. We just hop in a taxi and you're there in 20 minutes. They sell food and have bathrooms and good snorkeling (we bring our own).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter