Recieved a pin for 35% off..to my email but..

luvyawdw

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, My parents do not have an email address, so they use ours. Yesterday we received a pin for 35% off...We are planning a trip in June, and the pin would be good for that time, my parents will not be joining us on this trip, its just too hot for them. They would like us to be able to use the discount but my married name is different, so is it possible to use the pin code if my parents authorize this to disney reservations? Has anyone every done this before. I don't mean to do anything unethical, but they are my parents.....:) does that count?:surfweb: This would be a nice savings.anyone with advice on this topic?
Thank you
Lisa;)

Hope you get an answer soon to your pin question. We, too, have received a pin number but it was sent to my email address with my daughter's first name listed instead of our last name. The address is correct but I fear we can not use it until I correct the name. I have emailed Disney twice with the problem but have not received an answer. I will be awaiting your answer and maybe it will help us too. Good luck.

I would suggest the same thing to both of you. Call Disney reservations and give it a try. If you don't get the answer you want I would call back a few times and hope the CM you get will let you use them.

I would suggest the same thing to both of you. Call Disney reservations and give it a try. If you don't get the answer you want I would call back a few times and hope the CM you get will let you use them.
Its not when you make the reservation that matters.. it's when you check in.
But i do agree to call and see.

For the Record, my wife and I have different last names, the pin came in my name, but with my old (bacholor) addresses and she called and booked two rooms with the pin and not mentioning my name at all. They allowed her to do that without any problems... but at the end of all the talking and discussions and paying etc, they told her to make sure i was with them at check-in or the pin would be invalidated and we would have to pay full price.

Thanks so much for the helpful advice. I will call today to see if I can straighten this "name " thing out. Really Appreicate it!

Hi..nonnasally, did you get an answer to our question? I have not called yet...Just wondering if anyone knows.
Thanks all
Lisa:)

I have this same problem. Recieved pin with my daughters last name attached, same address. She won't be going with us. Called Disney, CM said I couldn't use it.:confused3

I have this same problem. Recieved pin with my daughters last name attached, same address. She won't be going with us. Called Disney, CM said I couldn't use it.:confused3

Hmm, we thought if my mom authorized the use of it with the cm on reservations, or if she just made the reservation in her name and we paid upon arrival? I dont know, it seems funny though that a family member could not obtain the reservation for another family member..im going to call this evening and ask too, maybe they will allow it? I will post if I get any information..good luck everyone

Okay, I called reservations and explained that I wanted to apply the pincode that was sent to our email address, and then I explained that states my parents last name and not mine and also that my parents would not be joining us this trip. I also told the cm that my parents do not have an email address therefore they use ours and thats why it came to our email. The cm said we could not use it unless my parents live in the same household as us......or if they would be traveling with us. None of those apply. My mother really wanted someone in our family to be able to take advantage of the offer, she suggested she would speak with them giving permission for us to use the pincode, or she would even make the reservation with her credit card so the name on the pin and reservation match. But the cm said that would not work either.
So our reservation stayed the same for now, I hope we get a pin with our name but I doubt we will considering we have the same email address attached to our name as my parents. Im kind of frustrated....but I will remain hopeful.:goodvibes

:wizard:Hi all,
This may be a few days late but just to let ya know, I called disney and explained the pin code had the wrong last name. I answered a few questions identifying myself and the problem was corrected immed. and the correct name was attached to the pin. My email message did not change but when I enter our last name now it accepts to the pin.

Mine expires in two days so i need to confirm.

Good luck to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter