Recenty back... quick review

got15

DIS Veteran
We were at WDW from November 26-December 2 and stayed at BWI Club Level and POR (1 night). We had Park Hoppers & the DDP.

Resorts:

POR: We liked our room (Alligator Bayou- Bldg 37, Standard view)initially. We heard the neighbors next to us- and were facing the parking lot. We never heard the cars in the parking lot. We did have a few incidents: 1. Lost our son's lovie (soul crushing), 2. DH broke out into bug bites from the bed, and 3. killed a few ticks in the room. DH spoke to the MOD and response was passive for all- bugs and ticks happen. Will not be staying here again.

BWI: We had a CL Standard Room. We had a wonderful view of the main courtyard, Christmas tree and boardwalk.. if this was a Standard Room view- we could see the water and Boardwalk- and we were impressed. This was our first time at this resort and the CL concierge was spectacular! I was peeved at first that we were not greeted or checked-in by concierge but by the front desk- but soon got over it- it just made the check-in a little chaotic. We had welcome balloons in our room- which was a nice touch. We used the lounge mostly in the mornings and afternoons. We loved that they had a substantial breakfast, a nespresso machine, and that snacks were a little heavier (due to this- we were left with a bunch of quick service credits). On a beautiful moment- I spoke to Anita and Joe in the morning about the lost lovie and the POR experience- she said she would try to track it down. When we came back to our room in the evening- they had put a new lovie in there (not the one that we had lost- but something to keep our DS happy in the evening). It was so beautiful and I will be forever grateful. It was truly a special Disney moment. Otherwise, the hotel was very easy to get around, the pool was nice- but in need of a refurb. Transportation to MK by bus was very quick- and we never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. We will be back- we were pleasantly surprised.

Parks:

- They were busy, the Park Hopper and going in with a touring plan and FP made the difference.
- CM were friendly, even after the Thanksgiving rush
- We tried the Early Morning Magic- we enjoyed ourselves, the kids LOVED riding SDMT multiple times. I don't know if we would pay for that again- but as a one time splurge- it was enjoyable
- MVMCP- it was busy (we went on Dec 1), and it took us awhile to get in the park (maybe 40 min), meet and greet waits were very long- we only did 2, and the cookie/cocoa lines were very efficient
- EPCOT was always crowded (esp around the USA near the amphitheater). NPH was speaking the night we were there- and I know thats a busy one- but the foot traffic was very tight. We did the FEA ride with a FP (even with that it was a 35 min wait)- but was cute. We enjoyed the Christmas stories from each country- and the seasonal foods. We enjoyed the new Soarin as well. DHS was under construction but still good for a 3/4 of a day.
- parks and restrooms were clean (minus the Tomorrowland in MK bathrooms)
- monorail worked fine every time we were on it

Dining:

- Due to our decent sized snacks and breakfasts at BWI- we left too many credits on the table. We will need to amend this for the next trip- and maybe just pay OOP.
- Stand outs: Flying Fish, Ohana (Dinner), and Garden Grill (lunch), Flame Tree BBQ. We loved loved loved Flying Fish- DH had bison and I had Lobster. It was beautiful, food was inspired, and service was wonderful. Highly Recommend! Garden Grill was terrific as usual- while its not the most mind blowing food ever- it is consistent. We keep going back for the service (we love our server Staci- she remembered us from our last trip!!!) and we love the character interaction. Ohana was yummy as usual- and we tried Flame Tree at AK for the first time- we like it- esp the quality for a QS.
- Disappointments: The Wave (Dinner) and Mama Melrose (lunch)... took waay too long for what it was worth- food was disappointing.

Extras:

We did Kids club at the Beach Club and also the Pirates & Pals cruise- both standouts!!!

Honestly, this was one of our best trips ever. The weather was perfect- crows were decent- and we met and encountered some really wonderful CMs. While disappointed that the lovie never was found- the thoughtfulness and compassion that our hotel staff had for us was so touching. There really is no place like Disney- we visit other places- but keep coming back- its a great time for all.

I hope you had the bug bites from the bed checked out. If they were bed bugs, you may have a real problem.

I hope you had the bug bites from the bed checked out. If they were bed bugs, you may have a real problem.
Exactly. If your first resort had bed bugs, you brought them to your second resort. And then you brought them home.

Bed bugs get into your bags and hide there.

The first thing I thought reading this was bed bugs. are you sure the "ticks" weren't bed bugs?
Too late now, but always check for them before you bring your luggage into the room. a huge reason why hotels gross me out.

Yes, I would like to hear what the OP knows about bed bugs; reading her post does not sound like she knows much about it. I would find it hard to believe that the people she talked to at POR would easily dismiss her about these "bug bites from the bed". I believe they take it pretty seriously and even bring in a dog trained to smell them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter