Recent WDW Golfers??

OldSchoolDisney

Mouseketeer
Anyone play the WDW golf courses recently (within last couple of weeks)?......If so would be interested to hear about your trip, condition of courses etc.....Construction at Shades of Green annoying?........Construction at old Disney Institute a hassle?......How long to play a round?........Any input would be greatly appreciated............

My brother is now and returning on Tuesday after a week of just golfing at Disney. If you can wait until Wed. a.m., I can help you out.

Wow, a reply........:)............Thanks DisneyPoly unfortunately I board the big old jet airliner at 7:00 am on Wednesday to head out........I appreciate your help though..........

There is a great website www.wdwgolf.com that gives latest info on the courses. We used it last May to find out Lake Buena Vista was down due to new irrigation system.

Good Luck!

Old School Disney ... I'll try contacting my brother this weekend, and with any luck I'll have some answers for you.

Enjoy!

Old School, will you just hurry up and go to Disney!!! :)

Like I said, when I played in December, the construction wasn't a huge hassle at all. Shades of Green is pretty much a big mess, you just have to drive around the fence to head off to the first and tenth tees at Magnolia and the Palm, not a big deal though. Also, there's a little bar there with "golf cart" parking, that's closed now too as part of the renovations.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it...I'm planning our May trip down there right now :)

Would like nothing better than to be on my way right now......:)........but I'm stuck swinging the clubs at a indoor range and biding my time till Wed.........that's why I'm looking for news, any news about courses............just gets me more revved up for the trip.......weather looks respectable (although things change)......one thing is for sure, heat exhaustion will not be a problem................My sister is going down to WDW in mid/late february if you were wondering about the All Star posts, she's been using my screen name and she is not a golfer.....but she is a WDW addict like myself..........

I hadn't even seen the posts, Old School :) But I'll remember that if I see any more...

I was just down in Florida las weekend and it was cold, about 35 when we got there last Thursday night. But it warmed up and it was in the 70s over the weekend, down in Naples that is. I'm not sure how Orlando was.

I'm POSITIVE you boys will have plenty of fun, regardless of the weather ;)

By the way, I didn't play great last week :( My bf beat me all three rounds...I was pissed, lol

Haven't played at Disney since last May, but I can make some stuff up if that will make you feel better....;)

Well, not in the last couple of weeks but my husband and sons played Osprey and Eagle Pines the last week in December and had a great time. I'm sure if those courses weren't in great shape, I would have heard about that!:D

We're booked for Magnolia in May.
Anyone played? What's it like?

I'm not much of a golfer myself. However we did spend last week at Old Key West, so I can tell you a little bit about the LBV course. Weather was great for 6 days straight. Not a drop of rain, so the courses should be dry.

The fairways and rough were a bit on the brownish side--likely due to the cold snap that preceeded our visit. May have been my imagination, but I swear it was getting greener by the time we left. Greens appeared to be in good condition.

Much of the vegetation around all of WDW had either been recently replanted or there were signs indicating that it was about to be replanted. Again, the work of the cold.

When we visited last September my stepfather had planned to golf 3 days and ended up cutting back to 2 due to the waterlogged conditions of the courses (hurricane season). He indicated that the staff at each course was surprisingly forthcoming regarding the conditions. If you can find a number, I'd suggest just giving the clubhouses a call and see what they have to say about the courses.

Don't forget about the course in Celebration, which gives you Disney-level maintenance and service for somewhat lower prices. Just there last week (driving range only) but what I saw of the course looked fantastic: lush and manicured and EMPTY!

mom_rules, my boyfriend and I played Magnolia in November, only a couple of weeks after the PGA was there for their tournament. Needless to say, the rough was very difficult, lol I found the course to be challenging (he and I are both 6 handicappers), but not impossible. It was in good shape, but it was also still very warm down there in November. I played at the Palm in Dec and the grass had started to go a bit brown, which is totally normal for the "hibernation" season...
I've been playing Disney courses for about 5 years now, since we had our conference championships there when I played in college. Every time, the courses have been in great shape and enjoyable to play.

I always tell people, be thankful for the carts though, because even though it's not allowed to the public, we had to walk the courses because of NCAA regulations...and your feet get sooooo tired, lol There is a lot of walking between greens and tees that you never realize until you actually have to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter