Receiving Membership Number after resale

I wanted to offer another timeline for anyone who might be curious.
2/8 - Offer accepted
2/24 - Passed ROFR
3/23 - Closed
4/10 - Called and got my member number, but it also came in the mail that day.

Just to give an update, I called and got through to somebody helpful who asked for my contract number, Whilst trying to find it I unfortunately got cut off. I called again and got through to somebody a lot less helpful who just didn't want to help and said it would likely be another 4 week wait until we could get access. I called up again and got through to somebody helpful who just took my name and gave me the details I needed. Currently logged in and planning :D if you get through to somebody who finds out you bought via resale then doesn't want to help, just try again. Unfortunately it seems common.
Glad to hear you are all set and can start planning! It's so exciting!!!
Our deed just got recorded on the OC Comptroller's site today, so it sounds like it should be about 2 weeks or so before our points get loaded. I'm hoping they will get recorded soon so I can beat the 7 month window opening for Christmas at our new Home Resort!

Thanks to everyone on this string for sharing your info!!! Very helpful!!

4/10 - Called and got my member number, but it also came in the mail that day.

What state do you live? I'm trying gague when I'll receive my letter (cause I'm in CA). I don't plan on calling in until the 3 week mark unless I receive my letter first, at which I will call.

To give a bit of an update. I received my membership number in the post today, so I got it a week early through calling MS and getting it that way. I'm glad I did, the website is down today and I would have been chomping at the bit to get on had I waited :')

You are exactly a week behind me.
So funny, I think we had the same broker and title company too. I'll just watch and wait for you to get your member number, then! :)

Just went to ROFR thread - similar contracts too! Ha! Have you planned your 2018 trips yet? :D

So funny, I think we had the same broker and title company too. I'll just watch and wait for you to get your member number, then! :)

Just went to ROFR thread - similar contracts too! Ha! Have you planned your 2018 trips yet? :D

Sort of. We know we are taking my brother and his family to BLT in a 2-BR next year (banking 2017 points). Just have to decide if they would rather go for F&W and MNSSHP or first couple of weeks in Dec for Christmas decor and party. You?

Sort of. We know we are taking my brother and his family to BLT in a 2-BR next year (banking 2017 points). Just have to decide if they would rather go for F&W and MNSSHP or first couple of weeks in Dec for Christmas decor and party. You?

Nice! That's a lot of points and you have plenty of time. Our first points rental was a 2BR at BLT, we fit 9 people easily (granted 2 were babies) and it was lots of fun. (Tiny data point - at around 6 months out, 2BR standards were out but we got a nice 2BR LV that had an oblique view of Wishes, but this was also at a low demand time.)

We'll be banking 2017 points too, and are going over February break and again over Thanksgiving for our little one's 3rd birthday. That trip will be our first holiday time trip, and I'm planning to do a direct add on, which *should* then be enough for us to stay in a 1BR for both trips (or may try a 1BR at a different resort, if we can get it)

Nice! That's a lot of points and you have plenty of time. Our first points rental was a 2BR at BLT, we fit 9 people easily (granted 2 were babies) and it was lots of fun. (Tiny data point - at around 6 months out, 2BR standards were out but we got a nice 2BR LV that had an oblique view of Wishes, but this was also at a low demand time.)

We'll be banking 2017 points too, and are going over February break and again over Thanksgiving for our little one's 3rd birthday. That trip will be our first holiday time trip, and I'm planning to do a direct add on, which *should* then be enough for us to stay in a 1BR for both trips (or may try a 1BR at a different resort, if we can get it)

We just did a 1br with our 1 year old and our 4 year old on rented points at BLT last month. The monorail and proximity to MK with young kids just reaffirmed we made the absolute right choice for us to buy BLT. I am excited to visit other resorts later but right now BLT is the best for us. We'll be doing direct add-on as well. I am hoping to hold off until after our Oct (cash) adults only trip with some friends. Lol.

Thanksgiving is on the table for us next year as well. (no pun intended) haha!!

We closed on 4/17 and our deed was recorded on 4/18. I'm planning to call a week from today (5/2) to try and obtain my member # - 2 weeks from the date our deed recorded. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our points are officially loaded by 5/8, when we arrive in WDW!! Would LOVE to watch Wishes from the TOTW lounge! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter