• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

Do you think there will be some kind of temporary pool bar set up?
Definitely-Disney will do an amazing job of limiting the inconveniences of this major refurb-they can't eliminate all inconvenience just by the nature of the refurb(I think the $75.00 GC is warranted),but it won't be nearly as bad as one would expect-Disney is the best at this sort of thing.:)

dang, i originally (month ago) wanted CBR when our party changed to 5 but nothing was available. I have again tried checking for availability the 10 days we are booked and still nothing available. I was hoping I could find a spot if people are jumping ship. I wonder if they have stopped letting anyone book CBR at all because I tried a series of different dates only to find nothing.

I looked for July and found only pirate rooms at rack rate.

When is your stay? I booked bounce back for Dec 2017. How long is the refurb supposed to take?

We'll be there August 12th through the 24th. Be interested to see just how much construction will be going on at that time.

thanks! I still have hope then that something might open up!

Yes definitely keep checking. I just booked the two standard rooms for our May dates without problem; but when I looked in February there was absolutely nothing available other than the pirate rooms. I think it is possible that they haven't been releasing all the rooms since they don't know for sure what all the construction will entail.

Checked-in online this morning for two-night April 29-May1 stay. Received email this morning explaining construction and offering $75 per day gift card. So who knows when the construction is actually starting.

Funny aside. Our stay follows our Fantasy cruise. It's cheaper to stay two nights and fly home Monday than to jet Saturday after the cruise (Saturday afternoon fares will make you sea and air sick). No parks. Just hang out. The only cost would be food. Now I guess that's free too!

(Yes, I know it's weird to stay at the CBR after doing a Caribbean cruise)

Has anyone staying in September received an email with the $75 a night offer? I'm in Canada and am hoping to be able to call when the waits aren't hours long to make sure I get it.

Checked-in online this morning for two-night April 29-May1 stay. Received email this morning explaining construction and offering $75 per day gift card. So who knows when the construction is actually starting.

Funny aside. Our stay follows our Fantasy cruise. It's cheaper to stay two nights and fly home Monday than to jet Saturday after the cruise (Saturday afternoon fares will make you sea and air sick). No parks. Just hang out. The only cost would be food. Now I guess that's free too!

(Yes, I know it's weird to stay at the CBR after doing a Caribbean cruise)
That's what we are doing :). Eastern Caribbean and then 7 nights at CBR...can't wait!

So my travel agent got us 75 dollars off a night...will we still get the gift cards???
My $75/night discount has already been applied to my balance owing so I know that is going to be provided. 2-3 days later I received the email with the $75 gift card per night, so yes I fully expect to receive both discounts, but will be bringing the email with me just in case

Sorry if this question has been asked, I didn't see it while skimming! My husband and I are thinking of doing a last minute trip to Disney (hopefully for a pregnancy announcement!!) we would only go a couple days for a quick trip so I wasn't really worried about the resort since we would only be in the room to sleep, not to use the resort amenities. We had thought we would do Pop, but now that I am seeing if you stay at Caribbean you get a $75 gift card per night. That is really enticing! The construction wouldn't bother us since we would be spending the time the parks. We usually eat breakfast in the room so not having the food options isn't a big deal.
My question is, did we already need to have this booked to get the $75 or if we would book now, would we still receive the gift card per night?

Thank you! :)

Sorry if this question has been asked, I didn't see it while skimming! My husband and I are thinking of doing a last minute trip to Disney (hopefully for a pregnancy announcement!!) we would only go a couple days for a quick trip so I wasn't really worried about the resort since we would only be in the room to sleep, not to use the resort amenities. We had thought we would do Pop, but now that I am seeing if you stay at Caribbean you get a $75 gift card per night. That is really enticing! The construction wouldn't bother us since we would be spending the time the parks. We usually eat breakfast in the room so not having the food options isn't a big deal.
My question is, did we already need to have this booked to get the $75 or if we would book now, would we still receive the gift card per night?

Thank you! :)

You will still get it. I just booked it today, and they said we would get a $75 disney gift card each night we are there. They also told me the gift card promotion is through the end of the year.

You will still get it. I just booked it today, and they said we would get a $75 disney gift card each night we are there. They also told me the gift card promotion is through the end of the year.

Awesome!!! Thank you! :)

I had to make a modification to my CBR Dec 2017 bounceback trip (and take this with a grain of salt). The cast member mentioned the renovations and the $75 gift card. I said I have a ways to go before I worry about the renovations. I said "Plus are they going to offer that GC until the end of the year." She said (again..grain of salt) well they set a precedence so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't continue the offer through the end of the year. She didn't say that I wouldn't be eligible because I already have a bounceback. So I guess we shall see...

I had to make a modification to my CBR Dec 2017 bounceback trip (and take this with a grain of salt). The cast member mentioned the renovations and the $75 gift card. I said I have a ways to go before I worry about the renovations. I said "Plus are they going to offer that GC until the end of the year." She said (again..grain of salt) well they set a precedence so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't continue the offer through the end of the year. She didn't say that I wouldn't be eligible because I already have a bounceback. So I guess we shall see...
That's my question? I hope to make a BB, for December, shortly. I wonder if I'd get the gift card, in addition. My family has never stayed at CBR, but I've wanted to give it a try.

Good to hear the reports that the gift card will be given all year. I know, not confirmed, lol! We are going in mid December on a free dining bounceback. I called last week with the first reports of closures. CM wouldn't move me because POR & FQ weren't participating in the free dining for our dates originally. But I did get the $75 off the room rate. Now I'm wondering if we'll get the gift card too. I know, kind of greedy! :rotfl2: But I don't think they're gonna go thru all the reservations and see which few got that discount. I certainly won't fight it if they don't give it to us. Just thinking it will be a routine thing to just hand it to everyone at check in. They should have just moved us & we would still be paying them rack rate!

Good to hear the reports that the gift card will be given all year. I know, not confirmed, lol! We are going in mid December on a free dining bounceback. I called last week with the first reports of closures. CM wouldn't move me because POR & FQ weren't participating in the free dining for our dates originally. But I did get the $75 off the room rate. Now I'm wondering if we'll get the gift card too. I know, kind of greedy! :rotfl2: But I don't think they're gonna go thru all the reservations and see which few got that discount. I certainly won't fight it if they don't give it to us. Just thinking it will be a routine thing to just hand it to everyone at check in. They should have just moved us & we would still be paying them rack rate!

We might be neighbors....we are going mid December as well. We really wanted POR or FQ because of the boat to DS. My New-to-Disney Fiancee fell in love with DS and said that was one of his favorite things to do.

Depending on time of year, room options seems scarce. I guess with taking down two villages, it does limit options. Seems like this construction will make for a fluid situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter