Rebooking while on board

jeanigor

DIS Veteran
What are the advantages of booking our next Disney Cruise while on board?

How much is the deposit if we rebook on board?

Are there any specific dates we should keep in mind (like for PCC 3.0)???

Not an expert, but I'll see if I can help. :goodvibes The main advantage you get is the 10% discount off the cruise fare when you book it onboard. The deposit depends on how long of a cruise you are booking - $200pp for a 4 or 5 day and $250pp for a 7 day. Oh yeah, the suites are $400 or $500 per person and non-refundable. We usually make a dummy reservation for one person (smallest out of pocket deposit at the time) and that locks us in for the discount and then we can move the cruise around later to whenever we want and then add the rest of our party. We have even moved this discounted reservation between different itineraries and ships with no problems at all.

I will defer to those in the know for the future important dates. :thumbsup2

- Bill

Does DCL also offer shipboard credits along with the % discount when you book onboard?

Mark

Does DCL also offer shipboard credits along with the % discount when you book onboard?

Mark

I seem to recall getting one on at least one cruise (could be wrong though), but it was pretty small when compared to the OBC we got when we transferred our cruise to a TA. Seems the TAs have better incentives in this area and it was easy to transfer our cruise we booked onboard to a TA where we got to keep the 10% discount AND got the larger OBC. :thumbsup2

- Bill

The last few times we have booked our next cruise on-board, the deposit has been 50% of the normal deposit. I did read somewhere (maybe on the boards) that the deposit is going to 10% of the cruise fare/person which may or may not be less than the $200/$250 depending on the length of the cruise and the category of stateroom being booked. I also read that they may continue incentives for reduced percentage deposits when booking on-board.

Yes - there is OBC when booking and the amount depends on the length of the cruise. We usually tell the on-board booking agent to transfer the reservation to our AAA travel agent and we get the OBC from Disney AND from AAA :woohoo: !

Maybe someone from the podcast or Dreams Unlimited will chime in with more info?

You should name a travel agent at the time of rebooking. That way you will most likely their full obc. If you don't specify an agent and transfer it to a TA later you will most likely get a reduced obc.

Almost forgot about booking on board.

Thinking of doing ETA in 2012 [if DCL is doing it and its the right date]. Guess I'll wait til cruise to book it [also won't have $$ until after final pay for post-cruise.:rolleyes1]

There are perks for rebooking your next cruise onboard your current one. These perks can change depending on DCLs current promotions and the future sail date you book.

Currently DCL is offering 10% off the cruise fare portion of a future sailing (based on the current rack rate at the time of booking) and a shipboard credit on the future cruise (amount of credit depends on the cruise type that is rebooked).

Everyone who rebooked PCC 2.0 while onboard PCC 1.0 received a discount as well as shipboard credit from DCL and a shipboard credit from DU.

In addition, if you rebook onboard and you indicate you want your Travel Agent to get credit for the booking you may be eligible for any shipboard credit offered by that TA.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is currently offering a shipboard credit that can be combined with any booking made onboard if you name us as your TA when you rebook. Sometimes they ask for a specific name of an agent when you rebook - you can give them my name. This really doesn't matter as far as Dreams goes but it may make it easier for you to remember when rebooking.

I am working with DCL shore side operations to have special forms made up for podcast cruisers to fill out if they want to rebook onboard. Hopefully this will speed the process of rebooking onboard and avoid having people wait for the rebooking agent.

We have not made a decision on PCC 3.0 yet but if we do before PCC 2.0 we will make sure everyone knows the date so they can rebook it while onboard. If we do not have the info at that time (or we decide not to do it on DCL) you can still rebook a future sail date and get the perks.

You can book as many future sail dates as you like and still be eligle for the onboard booking perks for each new booking you make.

Please keep in mind you will be required to make a deposit on the new booking at the time you make the reservation on the ship.

Thank you, John. :thumbsup2 I heard the question on the e-mail show after starting this thread and its a little clearer (for me at least) to read it in print.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter