• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reasonably priced backpack carry on

I use & love the Vera Bradley Lighten Up Grande backpack in Polyester (waterproof). I wanted it to be waterproof to take on Disney rides. It has a trolley sleeve as well to slide over your carryon luggage handle. I looked LONG & HARD to find one to meet my needs & this is the only one that fit the bill.

Vera Bradley Lighten Up Grand Backpack, Polyester, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H48G8V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yJaECbP4MTJ7K

Reactions: MEM
I use a regular Vera Bradley backpack. Love it. I can stuff it full and even get it to fit under the seat as my personal item.

Yes to a Vera Bradley polyester backpack - I've had mine for several years, its been on a dozen planes and umpteen Disney rides. I also take it to work every day on public transportation! I wash it at least once a month and it comes out beautifully. I would check the Vera Bradley website for "retired" patterns to save some money. Although having said that, the Amazon link above shows several nice patterns that are under $70 with free shipping for Prime members.

Honestly I just take a regular school sized backpack and its fine....
In the last few years I've taken the Wlat Disney World one that was a purchase with purchase.
Prior to that I had used a Jansport backpack I bought back in 2004. Its still a perfectly fine backpack that my mom now uses for a carry on.

I'm going to buy the Ebags motherlode. It's currently 45% off on the ebags site for $119. I'm buying the wheeled version and am trying to pack most of my belongings for my May trip to Europe in it.

I'm going to buy the Ebags motherlode. It's currently 45% off on the ebags site for $119. I'm buying the wheeled version and am trying to pack most of my belongings for my May trip to Europe in it.
My dd uses the Motherlode Jr backpack as her carryon. She can fit a week's worth of clothes (using packing cubes) in it plus her laptop, other electronics, and personal items. She's used it on international flights and on flights to/from college.

My dd uses the Motherlode Jr backpack as her carryon. She can fit a week's worth of clothes (using packing cubes) in it plus her laptop, other electronics, and personal items. She's used it on international flights and on flights to/from college.
These. I have the Motherlode carry on and have been eyeing up the backpacks. If you want a well organized, place for everything type of bag the Motherlode is it.

Eagle Creek backpacks are very high quality that will last for many years or even decades. There are some good prices on eBay.

Probably doesn't do you much good, but I have a Sherpani Blaze backpack carryon that is awesome. In fact it's so awesome that when I saw they'd discontinued it, I searched eBay and bought 3 more. My girls and I all love them, but I don't know how likely it is you'd find one now.

They do have a new versions that look nice, but I've never tried it out. It's $119: https://www.ascentialspro.com/colle...mp_janend&mc_cid=cb94414f8c&mc_eid=223da4674f They also had another one in that same line (Ascentialspro) called the Hudson but I no longer see it on their site. You might find it via google, though. It looks like this:

Attachments

• sherpanihudson.JPG
    sherpanihudson.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 3
I use a 10 year old Jansport that looks brand new.
All the big-name backpacks -- Jansport being a common one -- should give you literally decades of service. Most of them have a lifetime warranty on seams and zippers, which means you can send them back to the company if these "weak spots" fail; the company has the option of replacing or repairing the pack (hint: they always replace, though you're without your pack for several weeks).

Consider, too, WHEN you should buy your backpack. The obvious answer is September-early October, just after back-to-school sales when such things are on the clearance tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter