REALLY need expert advice/opinions!

MollyBelle

OMG! Now I have to go back AGAIN!!!
Nutshelled:

Universal Virgin & family traveling first week of October...want to go to US & IOA on a Thursday and Friday.

I am TRYING to get a discounted room for Friday night (we leave Sat) -- so that we can at least get ONE day of FOTL....the park closes at 5 on Friday for HHN and we don't want to attend HHN because our kids would be too scared. So, the day is short ALREADY and we want to see as much as possible. On Thursday, it's open til 7 pm.

WHICH park should we do WHICH day and why?
WHICH park would we be better off without FOTL?

We are getting Armed Forces Vacation Club condo for the rest of the week so staying on US property is limited to just one night.

I am angling every day to see if I can get Fan Club, Entertainment Book or AAA discount on the room for the Friday night...so far, the best I can do is $157 at RPH and they want me to pay up front...is this standard?!

I'd welcome any and all comments....thank you!!! :cool:

I find IOA easier without FOTL but that requires being there before they open and a willingness to hustle. US is tough with Shrek and Mummy attracting crowds. Oct is usually pretty calm with HHN as the exception.
You might try Thurs. night for deeper discounts. Fri. is usually $20 more per night.
If you need touring plan ideas when you narrow it down, let us know.

Hi there. Welcome to the boards. Paying one night stay up front is standard and you can use your debit card. THey will do a courtesty 10 day hold if you prefer to send them a check. Oct is really booked out because of HHN so if you can get a room grab it and hustle on the rates until the day you leave for your trip. If you stay onsite your gonna get friday and saturday use out of FOTL. You may try to rearrange your schedule so you can utilize that perk on fri and sat instead of thrus and friday. The crowds are MUCH lighter and i would'nt be afraid to attempt the parks on the weekend that time of the year. During the day on HHN it's not that back although the crowd did get much thicker on saturday. As for discounts grab what you can get and work it all you can. Just cold call them back to check for disc then if they tell you its available give them your conf number and ask them to apply it to your booked room they will. Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter