• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Really Good Salads in the World?

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
Does anyone know where the best salads are at WDW? I am talking about green leafy cold yummy salads! :mickeybar

If you are interested in Caesar Salads, Ive found Mama Melrose, Kona Cafe, and Yachtsman Steakhouse to have great ones. :)

The salad at Pecos Bills in the MK is surprisingly yummy. Available with or without chicken on top (I think it's plenty without.)

The Grand Floridian Cafe has exceptional salads on their lunch menu.
Cobb Salad - diced turkey, bacon, avocado, bleu cheese, eggs, chives and tomatoes on shredded green leaf lettuce
Caesar Salad - romaine lettuce tossed in a Caesar dressing with shrimp or grilled chicken breast
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad - udon noodles with spring greens, mushrooms and peppers. Tossed in a sesame dressing
:)

I also thought the salad at Pecos Bills was good. :)

Columbia Harbour House and the Plaza Restaurant have great salads with grilled chicken, feta or bleu cheese, nuts, and fruit (ie, pears, mandarin oranges). These have changed slightly over the years, so I don't know exactly what the ingredients are now.

The Plaza is table-service and a very relaxing, air conditioned place to have great sandwiches, ice cream, soup, and salad. Definitely a step up from counter service, without having to pay for an entire buffet or more costly meal.

I also loved the salad with grilled steak for lunch at the Kona Cafe at the Poly.

I will second the salads at Pecos Bill, Plaza & Kona. Outstanding, all....

the cobb salad at the brown derby is spectacular....but the caesar salad at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom is very good as well -- nice crisp lettuce, romaine not iceberg...and certainly less expensive than the cobb salad.

My favorite is the Chicken Caesar salad at CRT. I know it's at lunch, don't know about dinner, and unfortunately it's not available with the new princess lunch after June ? (don't remember the exact date). Pecos Bill's salad is also an excellent choice.

great answers. I too was looking for some yummy salads for my trip this summer. It get tired (AND FAT!) from eating our for a week. Salads are a great and filling option.

My vote would have to be for the Plaza Resturant on Main Street in MK. The Chicken and Strawberry Salad is THE BEST. Yum Yum! Oh now I want to have some... There are huge chunks of Gorgonzola Cheese, sliced strawberries and chicken in a Strawberry vinagrette. It is AWESEOME and the resturant is so overlooked by the everyday visitor that it is usually not that crowded.

Has anyone tried the salad that comes with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern? The strawberry viniagrette is oddly delicious....it sounds like a really strange combination, but I liked it.

thank you - I added this to my list
WHEN I "plan" on eating salad Im more apt to eat salad

Wolfgang Puck has excellent salads. One of the best caesars plus other like field greens with walnuts, apples, warm pear dressing, etc...

I also like the lunch salads at Whispering Canyon Cafe, only last time I ate there I used a combo of the maple bbq sauce and the apple vinegrette dressing with the chicken salad-yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter