Really Embarrassing Weight Question

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
So I want to do the "Be Our Chef" experience on the Fantasy at Palo, and it says that they will send us a uniform we're supposed to wear. The thing is it only goes up to XL and I'm 4x. So will I be able to participate if I can't wear the uniform?

Is it currently showing up to book? With the new covid rules, and the other changes they have made around the ship, I wouldn't be surprised if it is unavailable or very different to previous.
I believe the 'uniform' is given at the end as a parting gift?
If they now give it early, for you to wear, you wouldn't be banned from participating, but I hope you wouldn't feel awkward receiving an item that is too small or being dressed differently to everyone?

I did the Be Our Chef experience on the Fantasy in March 2019 to celebrate my 50th birthday and I am between a 3X and 4X. I don't recall providing a size prior to our sailing. I visited guest services on embarkation day and requested a 4X uniform (because I planned on wearing a t-shirt underneath). They provided me with a 3XL chef jacket (it was left in our stateroom with instructions to wear it to the experience). I was concerned it would not fit but it did fit (it is a generous 3XL) and I had a blast. On our sailing, there were only 3 ladies in our group so lots of one on one attention!!!! I doubt if you show up not in your uniform, they will not let you in the experience, it is mostly to protect your clothes during the experience. The 2 things they were strict about were wearing long pants and closed toe shoes. Note that my experience was pre-covid so DCL may have changed how the experience is handled.

I'd reach put to customer support about additional sizes (even if you don't need to wear the uniform during the experience). Seems odd they wouldn't have sizes above an XL.

Thanks all =)
It was a really hard question to ask, and you've actually made me feel much better.

I know that right now it probably isn't running because of covid restrictions, but we don't sail until next September at this point (We moved the date again because we didn't want to be on the first one out.), but all I can do is plan using the information we had before in hopes that by that time things will be mostly back to normal.

And thanks to the suggestions made here, assuming things are mostly back to normal, I'll go ahead and talk to Concierge both before and right after I get on the ship.

I know it was hard to ask this question, but you should try not to be embarrassed. I am sure many people, me included appreciate the information shared because of your post. I had not heard of this class, and looked it up. I found a great review with some good information. It looks like you will be given a "uniform" to wear to the class and then, at least in the reviewers experience get to have one to keep at the end. I am sure they would have other sizes available. Disney has to know their fans come in all shapes and sizes. The class sounds amazing.

Here is the info I found: Review and Photos: The Palo "Be Our Chef" Experience on the Disney Fantasy Cruise Ship! | the disney food blog

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter