• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ Real Housewives of New Jersey ~ Season 6 ~ 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that doesn't buy the Melissa/Joe happy marriage thing? Although I think Teresa is a bit off her rocker, I don't buy for a second that this whole family is pretty as can be and Teresa is the big bad ugly troublemaker.

I don't believe that is M&J's home, that whole "Joe at work" scene was so staged it was scary and the whole Joe the hornball act is awful.

Personally, while I still watch this trainwreck LOL, I watch it knowing that none of this is real truth. We see 45 minutes a week out of hours and hours. The "characters" they play are amusing but I don't buy the authenticity of much of it. There is , in my opinion, some heavy handed editting going on.

I agree & I think Joe is way dumber than his sister.

Kae

Am I the only one that doesn't buy the Melissa/Joe happy marriage thing? Although I think Teresa is a bit off her rocker, I don't buy for a second that this whole family is pretty as can be and Teresa is the big bad ugly troublemaker.

I don't believe that is M&J's home, that whole "Joe at work" scene was so staged it was scary and the whole Joe the hornball act is awful.

Personally, while I still watch this trainwreck LOL, I watch it knowing that none of this is real truth. We see 45 minutes a week out of hours and hours. The "characters" they play are amusing but I don't buy the authenticity of much of it. There is , in my opinion, some heavy handed editting going on.

I don't buy it either. While Teresa shouldn't have said Melissa would leave him for a richer man, I think she would leave him if he didn't have the money he seems to have now.

Also, if Joe and Melissa were so interested in bringing the family together, maybe they shouldn't continue doing the show. It was Teresa's thing and from the rumors, Teresa didn't want her on it. I saw some old pictures of Melissa and it does seem she started to morph in to a Teresa twin at some point. It might be childish but, I can understand why that would be annoying for Teresa.

The Guidices and Gorgas grew up together so I have a feeling many of the problems between the Joes have a lot of history. I think Melissa can't understand that because she wasn't there. She seems to get involved and have an expectation that they should be like her family is. I'm glad her sisters haven't been on. They were terrible last season. They seemed to help drive the wedge between the Gorgas and Guidices.

I agree & I think Joe is way dumber than his sister.

Kae
Definately. In fact, I think Melissa is the smart one...Street smart one.

I don't buy it either. While Teresa shouldn't have said Melissa would leave him for a richer man, I think she would leave him if he didn't have the money he seems to have now.

And who really know in what context that was said. And I do believe Melissa is all about the money.

The Guidices and Gorgas grew up together so I have a feeling many of the problems between the Joes have a lot of history. I think Melissa can't understand that because she wasn't there. She seems to get involved and have an expectation that they should be like her family is. I'm glad her sisters haven't been on. They were terrible last season. They seemed to help drive the wedge between the Gorgas and Guidices.

Yeah, there is apparently a big history. I just think Melissa is playing the poor sister in law really well ! Not to say Teresa isnt a dingbat, but who knows. I am interested, however, in seeing what exactly took place between Teresa and Jaqueline to have J so upset she didn't go to the reunion taping.

Over on the Bravo board, people are saying Lauren had lapband surgery. They are saying the liquid diet is a pre surgery diet people are sometimes put on.

Over on the Bravo board, people are saying Lauren had lapband surgery. They are saying the liquid diet is a pre surgery diet people are sometimes put on.

I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't her Dad have it?

The only part of this episode I liked was when Melissa & Teresa were arguing in the parking lot and Teresa tried to call Kim into the fight, Melissa turned around and said "Kim, see if you can find your way out of this conversation." or something very similar. It annoys me that Teresa drags other people into arguments or discussions when she is being challenged (she does it on the apprentice too).

I found it disheartening that Caroline's solution to Lauren's weight issue was a starvation diet. How about a nutritionist?

I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't her Dad have it?

I think he did. Its rumored both he and Caroline have. I'm pretty sure she has never confirmed that rumor. In her blog this week, she mentions her husband having lost 100lbs in the past two years. She doesn't mention how.

Jacqueline, in her blog, says Lauren has lost a lot of weight.

DId anyone post this, yet:

Skinny-Lauren-Manzo-Strikes-a-Pose-With-Her-Brothers-4374168654940993069.jpg

SHe looks good!

But the way her brothers (and her Mom! Ugh!) were going at her. Made me uncomfortable. :worried:

DId anyone post this, yet:

Skinny-Lauren-Manzo-Strikes-a-Pose-With-Her-Brothers-4374168654940993069.jpg

SHe looks good!

But the way her brothers (and her Mom! Ugh!) were going at her. Made me uncomfortable. :worried:

She is looking good! Happy for her. Personally, if it were me, I'd consider having a breast reduction. But only after she reaches her goal weight.

I find it hard for me to believe that anyone could really be on Theresa's side and/or rationalize her behaviors. She can't even keep up with her own lies/stories...but different strokes for different folks - that's what makes the world go 'round!

I find it hard for me to believe that anyone could really be on Theresa's side and/or rationalize her behaviors. She can't even keep up with her own lies/stories...but different strokes for different folks - that's what makes the world go 'round!

I don't really take sides on anyone on a tv show but I think there is enough blame to go around on NJ.

Caroline loved Theresa when Theresa was doing Caroline's dirty work against Danielle but now says she was never Theresa's friend? She continually said on the last reunion to leave her family out of it and it wasn't anyone else's business but she's sticking her nose into Theresa and Joey's?

It's been all over that Theresa and Melissa/Joey/Kathy were having major problems before Melissa/Joey/Kathy came on the show. Why, as a family member would you come onto your sister's/cousin's show knowing it was going to cause problems other than you wanted your bit of "stardome"? Bravo was very well aware of the problems in the family and was probably eager to watch it unfold.

I never noticed before reading the Bravo boards that it's true what some of them are saying. Theresa reacts badly. However, other than talking to her brother in private, she isn't the one who goes to someone's house and says "do you know what so and so said?". Everytime Theresa does something, it's in a reaction mode to something someone does to her. She has no patience and acts on her poor instincts.

I also believe that Melissa is one of those sly devious ones who knows how to poke and shove a Did you see how fast she had to tell Caroline what Theresa said to her husband? I am definitely not a Theresa fan but after reading what others have noticed, I started paying attention a little more. I think there is a lot of blame to go around.

Isn't that who they met up with last week and put her on that diet?

Actually, I don't know what type of doctor he was. I thought the doctor would have worked with her diet and lifestyle teaching her about portions, nutrition, food combinations, etc. Plus if Lauren is only looking to lose 35-40 pounds, I don't see why she needs to go on very low calorie liquid based diet. Grandted I am not a doctor but it seems extreme to me.

Actually, I don't know what type of doctor he was. I thought the doctor would have worked with her diet and lifestyle teaching her about portions, nutrition, food combinations, etc. Plus if Lauren is only looking to lose 35-40 pounds, I don't see why she needs to go on very low calorie liquid based diet. Grandted I am not a doctor but it seems extreme to me.

Dr. Nicholas Perricone: http://www.perriconemd.com/ He appears to be a dermatologist, so not entirely sure why she is going to see him for weight loss help. :confused3

There is a clip of the visit here: http://www.zimbio.com/Caroline+Manzo/articles/dHsZ7yZNTm_/CAROLINE+MANZO+DonCaro+Takes+Lauren+Manzo

Not sure any diet that is similar to "anorexia" is a particularly good idea.

Dr. Nicholas Perricone: http://www.perriconemd.com/ He appears to be a dermatologist, so not entirely sure why she is going to see him for weight loss help. :confused3

There is a clip of the visit here: http://www.zimbio.com/Caroline+Manzo/articles/dHsZ7yZNTm_/CAROLINE+MANZO+DonCaro+Takes+Lauren+Manzo

Not sure any diet that is similar to "anorexia" is a particularly good idea.

Thank you for looking that up. I couldn't remember his name and deleted the show from my dvr to check. His website does have some diet & nutrition information and products available but he does seem to be more of a dermatologist then nutritionist.

Thanks for posting this. What is interesting about the article is that they are "going to go back to Franklin Lakes". I live very near there and Montville and Franklin Lakes are at the most 15 mins away from one another.

I get wanting to live in a different town than your sibling but really? Don't make it seem like the 2 towns are in very different parts of the state.

Lara

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter