• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reading and Writing

IndigoFaith said:
My dream is to write my novels, for them to be successful, and then to write a script to turn them into movies. I also want to act in the movies I write.:)

That's an awesome dream, good luck!

I actually like to write kids stories, and I draw too. I wrote three Monsters with Pants books. I have also been working on a mlp:fim fanfic. I have tried to write some novels, but the ideas just seemed lame to me after a while.

Does anyone else ever start writing something and then just stop? Or have different versions of pretty much the same story? Whenever I'm unhappy qith a story, I start from scratch. I've made a 1.0 and 1.1 versions for one of my stories, and the furthest I got is 5.5 pages, in 1.1. The one I'm writing right now, my favorite, I believe is the 1.2 for a story, even though it's only 2/3 of a page.

I think it's funny with my versions, it's like App Store updates. I have three completely different stories going, oh no I just dug up a fourth.

Does anyone else ever start writing something and then just stop? Or have different versions of pretty much the same story? Whenever I'm unhappy qith a story, I start from scratch. I've made a 1.0 and 1.1 versions for one of my stories, and the furthest I got is 5.5 pages, in 1.1. The one I'm writing right now, my favorite, I believe is the 1.2 for a story, even though it's only 2/3 of a page.

I think it's funny with my versions, it's like App Store updates. I have three completely different stories going, oh no I just dug up a fourth.

I do that. A lot.

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only writer in the world who just stopped writing because I ran out of ideas. I once tried to do a different version of the same story.

1.Favorite book: Warriors series, Little House on the Prairie
2.I like to write: Realistic Fiction with a little Fantasy wrapped in
3.My fave genres and authors: Fantasy and Fiction, Laura Ingalls Wilder,
Kate Cary, Victoria Holmes, Tui T. Sutherland, Cherith Baldry, ME!

I <3 the Warriors series! As you can see in my signature for now.

Yeah, I do that. For one story, I was fourteen chapters into it, but then one day I read it, and I thought, "Gosh, this is bad." So I've restarted it, though I kept one part.

Yeah, I do that. For one story, I was fourteen chapters into it, but then one day I read it, and I thought, "Gosh, this is bad." So I've restarted it, though I kept one part.

Welcome to my world :) I can develop characters all right, but when it comes to the storyline I always end up bagging it.

I had to read The Book Thief for eighth grade! So not revealing anything!

yeah I have to read three out of five books and that's one of them. How'd did you like it?

favorite Book: The Breadwinner, Divergent, and the Giver series
what I like to write: personal narratives
favorite authors: Deborah Ellis and Louis Lowry

My all time favorite book is probably The Book Thief (UGH IT IS SO GOOD). I also liked Divergent (I didn't really like Insurgent though), The Fault In Our Stars, The Great Gatsby, The Giver, My Sister's Keeper, cliche stuff. Shh I also read a lot of Disney guide books :rolleyes1

I don't write as much as I used to but I have characters and plots that I really don't do much with cause I have writer's block basically all the time. I actually have a pretty good idea for a story (At least what I think is a pretty good idea), but it's really depressing so I don't know if I'll bring myself to write it.

I don't really have a favorite author considering I just kind of read random books by a bunch of different authors. I used to like Lauren Myracle when I was like 10 and 11 (even though a lot of her books were probably over my head at that point) but not really anymore.

Once I start talking about books I can't shut up!

I struggle with that all the time. My current goal is to actually go straight through a story/novel. I have several journals full of stories that have one to sixty pages started and then I stopped to start over or work on another idea.

I struggle with that all the time. My current goal is to actually go straight through a story/novel. I have several journals full of stories that have one to sixty pages started and then I stopped to start over or work on another idea.

This pretty much describes what I always do.

1.Favorite book: Harry Potter, Les Miserables, Atlas Shrugged, The Fault in Our Stars, the list continues....
2.I like to write: Angry letters, passive-aggressive notes, fanfiction
3.My fave genres and authors: I'm pretty open genre-wise. Meg Cabot's books can get addicting--I pick up a Princess Diaries or All-American book and can't stop! And I honestly believe John Green is the best, and truest, YA writer at the moment.

Sidebar, does anyone on here read/write fanfiction? It's a great hobby and it really allows you to experiment with your writing and get it out in front of a critical audience. My user on ff.net is the same as mine here(http://www.fanfiction.net/~abbyreads); mainly Harry Potter fics. I'd love to check out someone else's Potter/other fandom fics. I do weird ships (Katie Bell and Oliver Wood are pretty much my OTP. I know it's out there.) but it's a lot of fun! I think going with the minor characters allows greater creativity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter