READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our BG 58 wasn’t called until 3:44 today. I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but I found it underwhelming and so did my dd14. I’m guessing with all the hype, we had it bigger and better in our heads than it was. We were more about the thrill of Tower of Terror. It may be because I had never heard of the Pandora ride I didn’t know what to expect there but we thought that was our absolute favorite ride this trip. If my son or my nephew has been with us, all of the Star Wars stuff probably would have been a lot more fun, But my daughter is not really into it much and it was just ok for us. We don’t get to Disney very often but will definitely be back and give it another try. Have fun everyone! And I hope everyone here gets a BG!! Take care. We head home tomorrow.

Our BG 58 wasn’t called until 3:44 today. I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but I found it underwhelming and so did my dd14. I’m guessing with all the hype, we had it bigger and better in our heads than it was. We were more about the thrill of Tower of Terror. It may be because I had never heard of the Pandora ride I didn’t know what to expect there but we thought that was our absolute favorite ride this trip. If my son or my nephew has been with us, all of the Star Wars stuff probably would have been a lot more fun, But my daughter is not really into it much and it was just ok for us. We don’t get to Disney very often but will definitely be back and give it another try. Have fun everyone! And I hope everyone here gets a BG!! Take care. We head home tomorrow.

While RotR is a good ride if you are not into star wars you are not going to come away feeling the same way as somebody who is. Same goes for a lot of rides with IP. Flight of Passage I think is definitely an exception in that even if you know nothing about avatar it is still an amazing ride. Some of the good and the bad of IP based rides.

We're traveling with a large group (15 of us). What I want to do is split up into smaller parties for trying to get boarding groups. But is it automatically going to add all 15 people to my list? How can I do this and stay within the 5 second time frame best?
For 7 AM BG window it will pre-select everyone that has a HS reservation and a ticket entitlement. Just keep hitting "Join" as fast as you can to get through the process steps and don't bother to look at the list.

You can split up your group but not by trying to deselect members of your Friends & Family. You would need to split up your MDE account(s) and Friends & Family lists. It can be done but you will lose many of the MDE benefits of shared plans.

Dave

I want to thank everyone for the information you all have shared! Because of it, we had a wonderful time at Hollywood Studios today. We are staying at CBR, so we tried for a ROTR boarding group from our room at 7:00. We had practiced before coming, were using Verizon wireless, kept the location services on, opened the MDE app at 6:57, with two of us logged into the same account. The app seemed a bit glitchy, but we were able to get boarding group 67. It was around 4:20 when we received the notification that we could board. We loved ROTR and were so impressed! Regarding transportation to get to HS, we used the Skyliner, arriving at the CBR station about 8:00 AM. We were 5th in line, got to HS about 9:00, were 2nd in line in our queue to enter the park. I think we were let in about 9:20 and went straight to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. We also rode the Millennium Falcon and TSM, ate lunch at the Sci Fi Dine-in Theater, tried the green and blue milk, had drinks at Oga’s, built a droid, had dinner at Mama Melrose, and took pictures of Galaxy’s Edge after dark (other worldly 😉). It was great to have lunch and dinner reservations and be able to take off the masks. (We also sat in a relaxation station for a little while.) I thought mask compliance was very good. Thanks again!

I saw a report here just today that they got bg for all 24 at the same time, not sure where other reports of large groups not being able are coming from, it really makes no difference since everyone is pre checked

I was the group of 24. We had HS park reservations for Tuesday the 3rd and yesterday the 5th. On Tuesday, got a BG, but only 4 people were checked. GET fixed it once we got to HS. Took down a whole bunch of information so IT could fix the bugs. Yesterday, got BG 12 for all 24.

I just hit "join" right when the clock hit 7am. Did not stop to look and see who was checked, just immediately hit the next join button. Worked great.

By the way, we had a very successful day yesterday. Left a little earlier from BCV, arrived to HS around 8:40. Very close to front of line, I'd say maybe 20 groups back or so. Went straight to MMRR, showed a 15 minute wait. After that went to MFSR, also about a 15 minute wait. BG called while we were in line. By the time we exited, RotR was down and stayed down for quite awhile. Did a few other things, then once RotR was back up and running, went over and got through line pretty quickly. 3 people in our group had a lunch at H&V, so they rode after they were finished. No problems at all.

Also had ADR for Oga's in the afternoon, loved it! Lines for most rides were pretty long yesterday, but we did pretty much everything we wanted to do. Thanks again to everyone for all the tips!!

G’morning, party people! Up early and hoping to score a BG! Haven’t practiced since things switched on the 3rd, so hoping my fingers don’t let me down. Wish me luck!!

I was the group of 24. We had HS park reservations for Tuesday the 3rd and yesterday the 5th. On Tuesday, got a BG, but only 4 people were checked. GET fixed it once we got to HS. Took down a whole bunch of information so IT could fix the bugs. Yesterday, got BG 12 for all 24.

I just hit "join" right when the clock hit 7am. Did not stop to look and see who was checked, just immediately hit the next join button. Worked great.

By the way, we had a very successful day yesterday. Left a little earlier from BCV, arrived to HS around 8:40. Very close to front of line, I'd say maybe 20 groups back or so. Went straight to MMRR, showed a 15 minute wait. After that went to MFSR, also about a 15 minute wait. BG called while we were in line. By the time we exited, RotR was down and stayed down for quite awhile. Did a few other things, then once RotR was back up and running, went over and got through line pretty quickly. 3 people in our group had a lunch at H&V, so they rode after they were finished. No problems at all.

Also had ADR for Oga's in the afternoon, loved it! Lines for most rides were pretty long yesterday, but we did pretty much everything we wanted to do. Thanks again to everyone for all the tips!!
OMG your group must have filled Oga's, the capacity is so small in there now, that must've been fun, glad you had a great day

OMG your group must have filled Oga's, the capacity is so small in there now, that must've been fun, glad you had a great day

Yes, I feel like we took up a good portion, lol! We had to wait a bit after we checked in, but they gave us 3 of the large booths. Was really nice since we had some younger children plus my mom who is in her 70's. Would have been very difficult to have the tables where you have to stand. It was a nice break and everyone loved the drinks. Very cool place!

What time would group 14 typically board? And what happens if you’re late? Thanks
within the first 2 hours of ride being open, they ask for everyone to be in time, remember they give you an hour to return, but if you are late there is wiggle room
Anyone know about what time group 50 would board??? So excited! Did it this am and couldn’t believe it!!
usually around noon to 2pm, yesterday the ride had a long downtime and I think 50ish boarded around 3

within the first 2 hours of ride being open, they ask for everyone to be in time, remember they give you an hour to return, but if you are late there is wiggle room

usually around noon to 2pm, yesterday the ride had a long downtime and I think 50ish boarded around 3

thank you. We have an 8:45 breakfast at Yacht Club so I guess I’ll eat fast. If park opens at 10 do you think 10:30 will do it? I didn’t expect to get such a low number lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter