• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it seem like they are starting the rope drop process later now that the boarding groups are moved to 7a? We were able to successfully get a BG on Monday at the old 10a time slot, plus were in the park by 9:06a and on line for a running MMRR. Today we go again. Just trying to figure out if we should still get in line at the park entrance so early (we got there around 8:10a and were pretty darn close to the front of the line) or if it all opens a little later now

Tried again. Counted down seconds on Apple Watch. Cleared all website data on Apple phone 7. Turned off Disney wifi using AT&T . Tried right on the second and got an error message. My husband had a Samsung phone, used Disney wifi and got group 6. I actually walked him through the steps just a week before our trip. Hopefully lightening doesn’t strike twice (figuratively and literally) and we get to ride once this trip.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and buses didnt even start picking up until 9:15. We were in the park on Nov 3rd around 9:35.

I’ll update so my experience can help others.

Long time lurker. Avid Disney planner and epic fail on Nov 3rd. Didn’t get notified about the 7 am change and we practiced everyday before we checked in Oct 31 (3 kids and full park days so we didn’t look at the ROTR screen for only 2 days). Disney wifi didn’t even allow mobile ordering (kept thinking and occasionally would move to next sceeen but pause again; which I knew was a bad sign for getting a boarding group) and Guest services just shrugged shoulders after seeing screenshots and told us to turn off wifi, they know there are issues and keep trying for ROTR, they can’t help us get one at 2 pm. Got backup boarding group 100 at 2 pm with my husbands cell (I got something went wrong before he got the group; I got groups at home so I was fast; app was slow) and we were not called as ride had issues. I have location services on and notifications (I get all other notices). I’m not sure what else I can do. Our whole group was extremely disappointed and I can’t sleep as we are trying to get one again today.

Any other tips?
were you successful this morning? we go next week and I am pretty nervous!

Got BG 58 this morning!! So excited! Thanks for all the tips here! Any idea about when to expect to be called? We do have an ADR at H&V around noon.
Around noon to 3pm i would say, depends on how the attraction Is operating

Does it seem like they are starting the rope drop process later now that the boarding groups are moved to 7a? We were able to successfully get a BG on Monday at the old 10a time slot, plus were in the park by 9:06a and on line for a running MMRR. Today we go again. Just trying to figure out if we should still get in line at the park entrance so early (we got there around 8:10a and were pretty darn close to the front of the line) or if it all opens a little later now
Yesterday they opened temp check, bag check and park at 9:15, it really doesn't matter since it's when people start lining up, if you want to be towards the front of the pack

Also, although I already got notification from Disney last week or whenever it was about the change in procedure, today I got a notification reminding me of the procedure and reminding me I’m scheduled to attend HS tomorrow. Just thought that might be helpful for people who try for a BG and the app suddenly says they are not scheduled to be in the park that day as I would assume they send everyone reminders the day before. So if you don’t get a reminder, maybe call Disney to confirm you are on the schedule? Also make sure to have push notifications on and you’ll get reminders about everything like ADR’s, park reservations,, and anything you’ve scheduled through the app.
I didn’t get any message like this. No email nothing.

Tried again. Counted down seconds on Apple Watch. Cleared all website data on Apple phone 7. Turned off Disney wifi using AT&T . Tried right on the second and got an error message. My husband had a Samsung phone, used Disney wifi and got group 6. I actually walked him through the steps just a week before our trip. Hopefully lightening doesn’t strike twice (figuratively and literally) and we get to ride once this trip.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and buses didnt even start picking up until 9:15. We were in the park on Nov 3rd around 9:35.

I’ll update so my experience can help others.
If you got group 6 I don't see how it would be possible for you not to ride.

Thanks to all of the wonderful tips here! BG3 from Gran Destino using data this morning.

Now a question, I have a Savi’s reservation for 10:25. Would I have enough time to head to ROTR after Savi’s? Trying for MMRR at rope drop.
Thanks again! So excited!

Question: once your BG is called and you go over to the queue, about how long is the wait until you actually get on the ride?

Bugs seemed to be worked out. I was able to get BG 16 this morning with no issues. As opposed to Tuesday when I got the “no park reservation “ glitch. All seems to be in good order now!! Good luck!!

Well that's good to know! We also have UOR planned for that weekend so if we don't get a BG on 11/13 at 7am we'll just hit up UOR on a Friday which is preferred to their Saturday crowds in general but the primary goals of this trip for me is RoTR which is why I have 2 days reserved for DHS.

If i get the BG on 11/13 I will cancel my 11/14 and hopefully someone else will be able to get in and get on.

Last edited:
Thanks to all of the wonderful tips here! BG3 from Gran Destino using data this morning.

Now a question, I have a Savi’s reservation for 10:25. Would I have enough time to head to ROTR after Savi’s? Trying for MMRR at rope drop.
Thanks again! So excited!
Yesterday they didn't start loading at RotR until 10:15, if they start earlier I would say, yes you have time if you are at RotR at 10am, if not I would do your Savi's reservation first and then head over to Rise after
ETA: just re read your question: yes go after your Savi's ressie, have fun and MTFBWY
Question: once your BG is called and you go over to the queue, about how long is the wait until you actually get on the ride?
it depends but if the ride is operating properly about 20 to 25 min
Well that's good to know! We also have UOR planned for that weekend so if we don't get a BG on 11/13 at 7am we'll just hit up UOR on a Friday which is preferred to their Saturday crowds in general but the primary goals of this trip for me is RoTR which is why I have 2 days reserved for DHS.

If i get the BG on 11/13 I will cancel my 11/14 and hopefully someone else will be able to get in and get on.
that's not how the system works, once you book a bg it's gone, it doesn't go back into the pool if you cancel

Yesterday they didn't start loading at RotR until 10:15, if they start earlier I would say, yes you have time if you are at RotR at 10am, if not I would do your Savi's reservation first and then head over to Rise after
ETA: just re read your question: yes go after your Savi's ressie, have fun and MTFBWY

it depends but if the ride is operating properly about 20 to 25 min

that's not how the system works, once you book a bg it's gone, it doesn't go back into the pool if you cancel

I'm talking about my park pass reservation, not BGs . I have park pass reservations for 11/13 and 11/14, if I get my BG on 11/13 I will cancel my park reservations for 11/14 and put that back in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter