READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one hand ready to tap select all and the other tapping join ASAP. So the select all part isn't required if we're all scanned into the park and skipping this while practicing will better simulate the real thing?
Aha. So you're only having to press one extra button (select all). For many people, that wouldn't help because not everyone on their list would be in their party, so they would have to select each name separately. Prior to March, this was a big disadvantage for some when trying to get a BG in the park.

Now, with everyone who's scanned in at the park being pre-selected, someone with only 1-2 people (or who didn't have any "extra" friends and family on their list) no longer gains a significant speed advantage over someone who needed to select 8 or 10 of their family members manually.

They told me the same thing
We didn’t have any luck today at 10am or 2pm. Two phones with super fast fingers. A CM told me that multiple phones phones per group fight against each other and kick each other out. Can anybody speak to this? We are going again this Saturday.

Also, do the GET people really help?

We were the first family through the DHS turnstiles this morning and went straight to MFSR. We were second in line at 9:15 and they didn’t start running until 9:30. We got back on and did a second time as a walk on. By then it was 9:55 so we stopped in the shade at the exit where we waited for the magic hour. I had practiced several times at home, sometimes successfully. But my 12 year old got BG 4 without ever practicing!😂 We were able to walk through Batuu and get on ROTR with no wait. It was our first time so I don’t know if all the effects were working but we all loved it.

One thing I've been doing is switching my Apple Watch to a face that has a second hand and when I get to 5 seconds from 10 or 2 I have my finger over join ready. Once you do it enough you'll know where you'll need to touch on the next screen and you'll be ready for when it loads.

It is good to have a seconds clock, but you also need to make sure it is not a few seconds ahead of or behind the actual time. I synced my seconds app on my phone to https://www.time.gov/ and was able to get BG 10 my first time at the park.

ETA: When I went to the website, my phone was a few seconds behind the official time. It is crazy when talking about a theme park ride, but seconds really do matter.

I went to that site and it shows that my phone is off by 0.014 seconds. I think that's an acceptable margin of error. How do you go about "syncing" it to be exact?

I went to that site and it shows that my phone is off by 0.014 seconds. I think that's an acceptable margin of error. How do you go about "syncing" it to be exact?

I think it depends on what app you are using to display the seconds. I downloaded an app that allowed me to see the seconds counter on my status bar - so I could see the seconds counting even when I had the MDE app open. That app had a place in the settings where you could adjust the seconds counter if it was slow or fast.

I arrived at the parking tolls at 8:45 yesterday and was 5 cars back in my line. They started letting cars through at 9. I was sitting down at Woody’s lunch box waiting for my family by 9:17, slinky was already running when I arrived. My family had a 7:30 breakfast at Topolinos Terrace and was joining me by Skyliner. They walked over to CBR instead of waiting twice, they said the line was long and they didn’t think they would make it, but they joined me at woodys lunch box at 9:55. 4 of us were trying on various iPhone models all with Verizon service (1 of us did try WiFi just in case). I was successful on my iPhone 11 (WiFi off, everything else closed, location services off, and I do pay a premium for faster Verizon data), I got BG5 which they were calling at 10:05. It was awesome to finally ride after a cancelled March trip, and getting BG9 in August and the ride never opening that day!

Hi all, wanted to throw in my experience from yesterday. We planned to do the 2pm and then close out the park regardless. Double checked the seconds hand on my watch with time. gov, it was 2 seconds slow. We ended up getting Backup group 91, they were boarding 62 at the time. From the people around me it sounded like it was only backup groups and most people got nothing. We did get called at 4:20, and the ride shut down while we were in line, went on at 5:10ish. Side note, smuggler's run was posted 40m afterwards (we also grabbed food at docking bay), but was a near walk on!

Today's data for you. Lined up for the skyliner at 710 at Pop. I was about 10th, still on the bridge. Started taking in passengers at 835. They took us directly into the studios line when we got there. They had CBR people next to us. A bit of a line when we arrived, but started temp check at 9. Quick through that, scanned and thru turnstiles. In line for MMRR at 910 and off at 940. What a fun ride. Found a quiet bench near entrance to TSL. My cell service has been so good this trip so I went with that. Man near me said maybe cause fewer people? BG 34!! After only riding at the end of the day in January, I'm hoping for an earlier walk through line. Had a sketchy time in FOP queue yesterday, so I'm nervous about the hour long wait I had in Jan in that tight line. So grateful to have a spot and thanks to all who reported back. Worked like a charm! Now I can stop remembering all those times and go to my previous fav TSMM.

So what's the latest consensus on location services? I've read (in this thread and other places as well) both that you should have it turned on and that you should have it turned off. I'm wondering how MDE knows whether or not you're in the park if it's turned off--from Magic Bands? Anyway, what are most ppl doing to be successful at this point? We leave in three weeks, so trying to get all my ducks in a row.

So what's the latest consensus on location services? I've read (in this thread and other places as well) both that you should have it turned on and that you should have it turned off. I'm wondering how MDE knows whether or not you're in the park if it's turned off--from Magic Bands? Anyway, what are most ppl doing to be successful at this point? We leave in three weeks, so trying to get all my ducks in a row.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably doesn't matter. The people that say they didn't get one with it on or off, have no way of knowing if that was a factor or not. There's so many variables. Since there isn't a pattern, I don't think anyone can say for sure that it mattered. And it knows you're in the park because you scanned when you entered (Magic Band or ticket). I've read of others that scanned into the park in the morning, didn't get a 10am BG, but then left the park and tried for a 2pm BG from someplace outside of the parks.

Several recent reports have said 845. Before that it was closer to 9. May depend on the day though

My opinion (which is worth less than 2 cents for something like this, lol) is that they vary it, for good reason. I believe they're trying to be inconsistent to keep large groups of people from gathering at a known time.

Went this past Tuesday. Uber’d from Riviera to Speedway, quick easy walk. 2 lines were already formed. When they moved us up to the temp check tents, we were the third or forth family in our line. They started to allow people through the temp check around 9:14. We were all the way to the right. They all started doing checks at the same time. We went straight to MMRT and they made an announcement they were getting the ride started soon, but by the time we walked through the queue, it was going. I think we were on the second to third train of the day. Line for slinky was still relatively short, but was scared of the time element. So walked on TSM instead at 9:36. Walked out of the ride sat on a bench at TSM exit for a few minutes and got BG7. Couldn’t have scripted a better morning. Thanks for all the tips here! We had 3 people trying, 2 of us on Verizon with IPhones, 1 on T-Mobile who also had WiFi on, on an android. He never practiced and only downloaded the app the night before. The other two of us have been practicing for weeks. Of course, he was the one that got the BG!

I think they should be putting more than one party in a vehicle. It was the three of us, then a single rider in the other car. Plus the other cars we saw going through the ride when we were were completely empty. I could be wrong but by erring on caution with the one group in a vehicle, they can’t keep up, and lots of wasted cars and people who could have ridden instead of being disappointed. It would not have bothered us one bit to have others in the car.

Vehicles with the dividers have started going out on the track, as of today they haven't updated the loading but just keep in mind they might do so soon with 2 parties per vehicle
This is interesting. I can’t confirm every car, but the ones we did see on Tuesday (including ours) did not have the dividers yet.

I think it depends on what app you are using to display the seconds. I downloaded an app that allowed me to see the seconds counter on my status bar - so I could see the seconds counting even when I had the MDE app open. That app had a place in the settings where you could adjust the seconds counter if it was slow or fast.
Did you get the seconds counter on your status bar on an iPhone? What app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter