READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused. Why do some say you have to be in the park to get accepted in a group and others say you don't?

There are five people going to the park 3/29 but only two in the morning to go on this ride. Is that a problem?

You can also have others log into your mde account the morning of your attempt so that you'll have multiple people/multiple chances in case 1 or more phones glitch when it's time.
Can multiple people log into one account at the same time or when one logs in, does that kick the others out? It would be much easier to give everyone my login info than to try to get them to connect in Friends & Family. I find that process to have its own issues. I always end up having to call to get it sorted out.

Confused. Why do some say you have to be in the park to get accepted in a group and others say you don't?

There are five people going to the park 3/29 but only two in the morning to go on this ride. Is that a problem?
You all have to be tapped in to get a spot in boarding group. On Wednesday, there was a glitch that somehow allowed people outside the park to get placed. This has been corrected. Additionally, someone can log into your account from outside the park and secure spots for you as long as the whole party is tapped in.

You have to tap into the park to get a BG (besides a glitch that happened). You can tap in and leave the park and still get a BG, but that isn't recommended. If only 2 of your party want to ride, only those 2 need to be tapped in, and then in the process you pick them from a list.

I'm happy for those who are having better luck today. We were there Wednesday for the whole debacle(which we obviously were totally unaware of at the time) and honestly it has really soured us on Hollywood Studios. We did end up getting in that morning right away but got 108 which obviously didn't happen. We weren't willing to chance another morning like that so we are spending our remaining park days elsewhere. Today things seem to be running much more efficiently. I'm bummed for my kids but know we'll be back at some point on a future trip. It does make me a bit sad reading about groups who have gone multiple times during a few day period. Makes the odds for the single day guests pretty low 😕

Can multiple people log into one account at the same time or when one logs in, does that kick the others out? It would be much easier to give everyone my login info than to try to get them to connect in Friends & Family. I find that process to have its own issues. I always end up having to call to get it sorted out.
I would encourage both to read post 1, it has all the details

I'm happy for those who are having better luck today. We were there Wednesday for the whole debacle(which we obviously were totally unaware of at the time) and honestly it has really soured us on Hollywood Studios. We did end up getting in that morning right away but got 108 which obviously didn't happen. We weren't willing to chance another morning like that so we are spending our remaining park days elsewhere. Today things seem to be running much more efficiently. I'm bummed for my kids but know we'll be back at some point on a future trip. It does make me a bit sad reading about groups who have gone multiple times during a few day period. Makes the odds for the single day guests pretty low 😕

You didn’t get a ticket and FP?

You don't even have to be in the park.
after you tap in, you can just go anywhere, even to a different park.
(someone correct me if im wrong)

Our family has been planning to tap in at HS first thing in the am, turn around and head right back out to MK to try and rope drop FOP.

I'd love to confirm if this is possible. Any thoughts?

Our family has been planning to tap in at HS first thing in the am, turn around and head right back out to MK to try and rope drop FOP.

Im assuming 9 AM opening with an 8 AM DHS opening?

I don’t think we’ve had reports of anyone actually tapping in at another park, although I’m not entirely sure if you would be tapped into AK by 8 or waiting outside the gatesI think we had someone almost at AK when they got their group but not in yet. People do this in DL because of the short distance between the parks but that’s obviously not a guarantee for WDW. In order to get to AK specifically for FoP, you need to be there quite early too, at least 90 mins. If this were to work you’d need a car I think, and DHS to open its gates early enough.

Personally I wouldn’t do it unless you’re considering ROTR a bonus and FoP the main goal. It is somewhat common to have issues with certain members of your party not showing up when it comes time to get a BG, as well as other less common tech issues, and you have no way to resolve that in AK.

I've never seen it confirmed that you can get a boarding group from INSIDE another park. I know you do not have to stay at DHS, a few people reported that early on (though I don't think I've seen a report from the past month, but I'm not sure). The question remains whether the system will still allow you to book a BG if it recognizes that you've since tapped into a different park, thus confirming you are no longer at DHS.

The other problem with leaving DHS is that you will NOT be able to get any assistance if you have any problems with your BG. For example, if you click on "join boarding group" and then for some reason one or more of your party are not listed (happens occasionally) or you have some other glitch. You would have to just take what you get and some people might not get to ride that day. So, it's your choice, but not a chance I would probably take unless it was like my 3rd or 4th time riding and it didn't matter THAT much anymore.

First of all, FOP is at DAK, not MK.

I don't think anyone has reported tapping in to a 2nd park, between tapping in to DHS and getting a BG. There has been some debate here as to whether it would work.

Anyway, it appears that Disney IT has been making some changes this week, so even if it did work in the past, there's no guarantee it will work in the future.

But you're welcome to try it, and report back on the results. :)

Any updates on today's progress. What BG are they on? Is it still running smooth?

I can not get MDE on my phone cause iOS is too old.

A heads up for those going March 3rd. I've just been told that members of the media event for MMRR will have RotR bg pre booked already. Now the event is on a smaller size, I'm guessing maybe 200 media members, so it'll account for maybe 2 bg, but wanted to share the info just so you are aware
Also the media won't show up until after noon, the first part of the event is a sneak peek of Drawn to Life at DS until 11:30am
ETA: preemptive message to not derail the conversations into the "influencers" and what they get, etc. :)

thanks for this info...3/3 is one of our days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter