READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if, with the fact that we know that RotR is not a morning "person", meaning, it has downtime every morning, should they just announced a delayed opening, let's say at 10am, and not go through this process every single day?
But what if RotR needs to have X number of riders before it hits its morning blahs?

I'm wondering if, with the fact that we know that RotR is not a morning "person", meaning, it has downtime every morning, should they just announced a delayed opening, let's say at 10am, and not go through this process every single day?
I wondered the same thing while I was there. It would certainly alleviate the concerns that Disney has about guests arriving so much earlier the park opening time. It would be nice to see the park opening happen about an hour prior to when boarding groups could be selected. Then have the groups start loading about an hour after that. Since arriving earlier doesn’t truly give you any advantage in getting a BG, it would still leave everyone with about the same chance. It would still only leave gusts at the mercy of the app.

I wondered the same thing while I was there. It would certainly alleviate the concerns that Disney has about guests arriving so much earlier the park opening time. It would be nice to see the park opening happen about an hour prior to when boarding groups could be selected. Then have the groups start loading about an hour after that. Since arriving earlier doesn’t truly give you any advantage in getting a BG, it would still leave everyone with about the same chance. It would still only leave gusts at the mercy of the app.

I would hate to see what crowds willing to be there at 9/10 would do for getting BG.

Yesterday (from home), I launched the app at exactly 8am and it took 45 seconds to finally get a red BG button - already into backups!

Today, I launched the app a few minutes before 8am and then clicked the find out more button at exactly 8am and the BG button was red! I clicked on it and my whole family was there.... I would have had one if the 1st BGs of the day - if I was in the park! Lol

Just thought I’d share which strategy worked best for me with the new Disney update on my iPhone 7.

Yesterday when practicing from home, only 5 of my 7 party members appeared when trying to get a BG. I heard deleting and reinstalling the app should help, so I did that. Tried again this morning and now only 2 of my 7 party members appeared! Ugh!
On the day of, am I better off taking a group with just a few of my people and hoping a GET can help fix it, or do I keep trying for everyone to appear? Advice please!

So, it’s Friday...I’m very curious to see what kind of day the attraction has. Previous Fridays have not been great, and we are going next Friday. Crossing my fingers for a good day today. 🤞

Maybe, hard to say without knowing the issues - more than morning issue might just need to "work the links" out via a few full runs so they may have similar issues even at 10am.

But might be something worth trying and then even those with earliest BGs have time to rope drop before it starts.

I would hate to see what crowds willing to be there at 9/10 would do for getting BG.
It was already insane by 8 this week. Not sure how much it would affect those determined to get one. I really hate this whole BG system, but guess there really is no other option until the ride is more reliable.

Just hate seeing people rush to get there an hour before, and then end up not getting on the ride that day anyway.

So, it’s Friday...I’m very curious to see what kind of day the attraction has. Previous Fridays have not been great, and we are going next Friday. Crossing my fingers for a good day today. 🤞

Yeah...I think I've learned to avoid Wednesdays. :)

C'mon uptime.

Maybe, hard to say without knowing the issues - more than morning issue might just need to "work the links" out via a few full runs so they may have similar issues even at 10am.

But might be something worth trying and then even those with earliest BGs have time to rope drop before it starts.
You worded my thoughts much better than I did....not unusual😂 At least it would give the folks getting there at opening some kind of win in ride accessibility, even if they don’t get a BG that day

I have three people on my family & friends list (all are just entries I created for a previous trip, not links to anyone's actual MDE accounts) that I want to delete. I have no future plans with them and even if one were to come up (only remotely likely with one of them), I could just re-create an entry for them in the future if/when it comes up.

They are listed in my family & friends list on the website at the bottom and they're labeled "People I do not have plans with." But when I try to remove them from the list, it says because they have "active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time." I'm not sure why it's saying this since they have neither any admission nor any plans.

Is the only workaround to call and have them removed from list?

Any suggestions?
I had the same problem. I ended up not having to call l went to the page that showed their magic bands and I deactivated their magic bands, then I was able to remove them.

Here today. We left our rental home at 7:15 and were through the ticket scan by 7:50. (Whew! We were out late last night with 3 little kids and it was a last minute decision this AM to try for a boarding pass.

My husband and I were both on WIFI and were both trying. He got us in group 53. My red button never appeared until they were into backup groups. I’m so glad that there were two of us trying.

The Chart

It's back....

It's here.....

It's now 3 separate photos due to size....

Welcome back, THE CHART!

View attachment 471646
View attachment 471647
View attachment 471649

P.S. I expect to only have time to update this maybe 3x/week for the next 2 weeks or so; if someone else wants to make a go at doing it daily, let me know.
Thanks for keeping this up. I’m not sure it needs to be updated daily at this point.

If you get a chance on your next update, you may want to update the number of hours the park is open. I think it still says 13 even after the park started opening at 8. If that changes to 12, it makes the number of BG’s slightly better for those days, although still pretty poor and trending in the wrong direction.

Waiting inside now. My BG (14) was called right about 9:00, but was on delay when we got over here. Found out at 9:55 that it was open again and came straight over. We've been waiting inside for about 25 minutes now.

It was already insane by 8 this week. Not sure how much it would affect those determined to get one. I really hate this whole BG system, but guess there really is no other option until the ride is more reliable.

Just hate seeing people rush to get there an hour before, and then end up not getting on the ride that day anyway.

I know, I like the system in general but really don’t like that someone who is there before opening can have tech issues and get shut out.

8 is okay, 9 is pushing it IMO, and 10 is easy for almost everyone. In general the 9 AM rope drops are still advantageous (DHS the exception now) because overall people don’t show up until late morning. I think if still not very reliable, the issues we have now are made worse when it’s even easier to get to DHS on time.

The key as always is the rides reliability. If opening it later helped it I would be on board, but I would still want to see BG handed out earlier rather than later. Changing the BG process is just cutting up the same small pie a different way. Still not enough to go around to everyone who’s hungry. And there’s a lot of people who would be hungry at 10 AM lol.

I know, I like the system in general but really don’t like that someone who is there before opening can have tech issues and get shut out.

8 is okay, 9 is pushing it IMO, and 10 is easy for almost everyone. In general the 9 AM rope drops are still advantageous (DHS the exception now) because overall people don’t show up until late morning. I think if still not very reliable, the issues we have now are made worse when it’s even easier to get to DHS on time.

The key as always is the rides reliability. If opening it later helped it I would be on board, but I would still want to see BG handed out earlier rather than later. Changing the BG process is just cutting up the same small pie a different way. Still not enough to go around to everyone who’s hungry. And there’s a lot of people who would be hungry at 10 AM lol.
Line is moving now, and they opened up another BG behind us. Hoping that's a good sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter