READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got BG 45 today. Our boarding group was called a little after 1pm. The ride was amazing and blew all my expectations. Thank you all for the tips and tricks. The iOS update is really buggy. My app froze on my XR but my friend (iphone 11) was able to get a BG after a few seconds of not being able to find the friends and family list.

I have three people on my family & friends list (all are just entries I created for a previous trip, not links to anyone's actual MDE accounts) that I want to delete. I have no future plans with them and even if one were to come up (only remotely likely with one of them), I could just re-create an entry for them in the future if/when it comes up.

They are listed in my family & friends list on the website at the bottom and they're labeled "People I do not have plans with." But when I try to remove them from the list, it says because they have "active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time." I'm not sure why it's saying this since they have neither any admission nor any plans.

Is the only workaround to call and have them removed from list?

Any suggestions?

7:00:41 was when backups started when I practiced this morn at home.

ETA: Mine glitched when first starting and did not list all my people, me included. Shut app out and reloaded, still had time for regular group and people all showed.

Mine also wouldn’t show all four people correctly but wouldn’t open for 3 minutes when trying to reload - so only back ups at that time but fortunately I was home practicing! I did not do the iphone update yet on my 6.

I have three people on my family & friends list (all are just entries I created for a previous trip, not links to anyone's actual MDE accounts) that I want to delete. I have no future plans with them and even if one were to come up (only remotely likely with one of them), I could just re-create an entry for them in the future if/when it comes up.

They are listed in my family & friends list on the website at the bottom and they're labeled "People I do not have plans with." But when I try to remove them from the list, it says because they have "active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time." I'm not sure why it's saying this since they have neither any admission nor any plans.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if it's the only workaround, but I called and had 19 removed from my list of 27 with no problem.

(So when we go for our BGs, we won't have to pick out the correct 8 from the list of 27)

So I just returned from my Galaxy's Edge SOLO epic trip where my main priority was to do ROTR and explore Galaxys Edge. Mission Accomplished! On Tuesday 2/4 I was up early in the park and got group 44! I had to refresh 2-3 times but I got it! Was called at 11:35 and given 2 hours to return. Almost everyone I talked to also rode and it was the buzz around the parks talking to everyone. It was exciting! This thread gave me mad credibility! Thanks!

I don't know if it's the only workaround, but I called and had 19 removed from my list of 27 with no problem.

(So when we go QUOTE]
Who did you call? I chaperoned a school trip a few years back and I have so many people who I do not even know and even have some of our names double for some reason.

In the last 7 days, 2/7 or about 28% of days called back BG 70 at the highest. That’s no back ups and a small handful of backups, respectively. People have gotten later than BG 70 with app issues and whatnot right at opening.

28% is not insignificant. A bigger sample size brings the percentage of bad days down, it’s still around 15%. That’s like one day a week winds up being a bad day. Not to mention in those days people who ride are waiting around all/most of the day to do it. Learning how to give yourself the best opportunity to ride as quickly as possible can help mitigate stress and worry, IMO. There’s not a ton we can control but there’s a little bit.

I can’t speak for everyone but I know for me more information = less stress. So while the talking the process to death probably gets old, I think for some of us figuring out how to control the factors we can is helpful. I think it can come across as stressing when it isn’t.

Yeah, that is where I am at too as we are less than two weeks out from our DHS day. I want to be prepared as well as I can and also have plans for what to do if/when things go wrong. I think my big stress point is the reliance on Disney IT - so discussing ways to minimize that impact and what to do if something goes wrong is good for me at least.

I know nothing is guaranteed with any Disney trip, I know that even if we don't get to ride we will still have an amazing trip - but I still want to maximize my chances to ride for our one shot over probably the next 18 months or so

Thank you for this info - we are at Jambo and when we checked in, the CM told us the busses don't start until 7:15am for an 8am opening. I asked if she was sure that was still the case with ROTR because I thought they started earlier and she was 100% sure 🙄 but also super nice 😊

Do you know if 6:48 was the first bus today? We're heading to HS tomorrow morning :flower1:
I have no idea, sorry. The bus timing boards were all black screens today and the app only showed "bus times not available" (using my hubby's phone that can still launch the app, lol).

Yeah, that is where I am at too as we are less than two weeks out from our DHS day. I want to be prepared as well as I can and also have plans for what to do if/when things go wrong. I think my big stress point is the reliance on Disney IT - so discussing ways to minimize that impact and what to do if something goes wrong is good for me at least.

I know nothing is guaranteed with any Disney trip, I know that even if we don't get to ride we will still have an amazing trip - but I still want to maximize my chances to ride for our one shot over probably the next 18 months or so

@TheMaxRebo, I am right there with you. Our Pres. Day weekend trips are coming up! Given the holiday crowds, I think the more prepared we are the better.

Any suggestions?

Yes. I just called the main Disney line and when prompted asked for "technical help." The CM was able to remove them and told me that the only way to do it was to call. There was nothing I could have done through my MDE.

Last edited:
Here now. The bus came to AKL jambo at 6:50 and was already standing room only, not everyone got on.

Arrived at HS and were walking under the Skyline at 7:09. The bag checks furthest to the right had no line whatsoever so we breezed through and joined a line close to the furthest right. At 7:12, they opened the gates and we were in quickly.

The crowds aren't as bad as I was expecting. Starbucks is crazy but we found a little cart selling coffee so grabbed that and are now sitting on the patio in front of the Brown Derby

23 mins til go time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter