READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share my success from the other day. We went on 1/30. Took a bus from Polynesian. Left room at 5:45 and a bus had just left. It was around 6:15 when the bus came. Got to the park around 6:35. Keeping to the right helps. Scanned into the park at 6:45. Walked towards Toy Story land and stopped near Little Mermaid. We were on AT&T and I would highly recommend turning off your wifi. Cell signal was MUCH faster. Had 4 adults logged into two accounts trying to get 9 people on. We clicked the “my status page” and Kept swiping down to refresh until the join boarding group came up. Sister in law got it first and we were in 39. My two boys weren’t on their family list so I just went to the first services umbrella towards Toy Story and said they didn’t show up and he added them to our group. Our group was called around 10:20 and we had a 2 hour return window but the ride was messing up prior to that. We got there around 10:45 and added a rider swap for me since my youngest couldn’t ride. Since it was down they waiting a while to get on the ride in the que, almost 30 minutes. When they got off it was time for our lunch reservation at 11:40. Since I had a fast pass return I figured I would be fine coming back. Right after lunch at Sci-Fi we came back and the ride was down. They said it would be down a while and to look at the app when groups started getting called again, it would be working. 1.5 hours later we saw they had a number back up so I walked over from Toy Story area and the ride was still down. They said when it started adding more than one boarding group it was open. As I walked away it added another number and I came right back and they said they tried it but went down again. It was close to 3 at this point and my kids were worn out and I was worried I wouldn’t get to ride. They said to check back in an hour. About an hour later I finally came back and the ride was just opening. I got in and was able to ride. Loved the ride. Was it worth the 5am wake up with kids? Probably for one time. My biggest complaint is they the park opens at 7 and none of the shows open until 10:30 so outside your first ride you get in at open, you then have to wait forever. I would recommend moving fast passes up in your day or leaving the park after the first ride if you might be later in the day. Hope this long update might help anyone.

9:49 and backups still avail. Just for sake of data, usually, I see a line that says BG number xx and above will only be called if....(standard spiel). Right now, I don't see the BG number of the first backup group. So I'm not sure if we can determine what the highest regular number is.
The first number for backup BGs does not appear until they are done issuing backups.

Sayhello

So I am planning on going on Monday 2/3/2020.
My best friend and I are going to SWGE to celebrate our birthdays,
From all I have read the most important thing is to be in the park before opening. I don't necessarily need to get up early, arrive early or park early.
I live about 30 minutes away.
Thoughts . . . . . .

Last edited:
Well, I was worried about this - the closest lyft driver is 15 minutes away from me. Fingers crossed that’s all!
We had that problem on our day a few weeks ago at Pop. We walked out and the bus was there, but more people in line than would fit. Ordered Uber and it as 10, then 15 minutes. Ordered Lyft, also delayed. Uber got there first so we went with them. It was more stressful than I like for sure.

I share this story again so others know to give a little extra time cushion.

I waited all day yesterday for it to come back up and finally gave up and went to my 6 PM dinner reservation. When I got to the restaurant, I got the notification that my group was called. Couldn’t get back in an hour and was tired of going back and forth. If it’s still up, I will try my return pass after my Epcot seminar. It’s still running today?
Oh no! So sorry to hear that. So frustrating.

How can you order both an uber and Lyft, and take the first one to come? Or then take a bus that comes first? Do you still pay for the ride shares no matter how you get there? I thought they would either charge you or give you a bad rating or there would be some mechanism to prevent calling one and then not being there?

So I am planning on going om Monday 2/3/2020.
From all I have read the most important thing is to be in the park before opening. I don't necessarily need to get up early, arrive early or park early.
Thoughts . . . . . .
Yep, you got it. Just make sure wherever you decide to wait for 7am has a good strong signal. Try a speed test app if you can.

I am just now reporting because it all happened so fast this morning. I tried again after yesterday’s app mishap and it worked out much better this time. Left BWI at 5:30, no bag, went all the way to the right and got in the park at 6:15 (or there about , I didn’t look at my phone immediately). I went to sunset and got out of the rain and checked internet speeds on both WiFi and data. WiFi won once all the people can pouring in. At 5 seconds to 7 I opened my app, buttons were ready, and I got BG 11 🙌🏼. Went to get some coffee, which took forever, and as soon as I sat down to drink I saw my notification that my Bg had been called. Guzzled my drink as I walked, the line only briefly stopped moving, and I was on and off the ride by 8:15. Amazing ride, definitely worth trying again this morning.

So I am planning on going on Monday 2/3/2020.
Thoughts . . . . . .
Give yourself plenty of time. You don’t have to get there by 5 or anything, but I would at least aim for 6:30 just in case.

I am just now reporting because it all happened so fast this morning. I tried again after yesterday’s app mishap and it worked out much better this time. Left BWI at 5:30, no bag, went all the way to the right and got in the park at 6:15 (or there about , I didn’t look at my phone immediately). I went to sunset and got out of the rain and checked internet speeds on both WiFi and data. WiFi won once all the people can pouring in. At 5 seconds to 7 I opened my app, buttons were ready, and I got BG 11 🙌🏼. Went to get some coffee, which took forever, and as soon as I sat down to drink I saw my notification that my Bg had been called. Guzzled my drink as I walked, the line only briefly stopped moving, and I was on and off the ride by 8:15. Amazing ride, definitely worth trying again this morning.
Just as a piece of info yo can bring drinks into the queue, just have to finish it before the pre show, which depending on the queue would be a walk on or it can take quiet some time

Just as a piece of info yo can bring drinks into the queue, just have to finish it before the pre show, which depending on the queue would be a walk on or it can take quiet some time
I know, but just in case it kept moving (and it did) I didn’t want to throw away half my drink. I took it in and finished it by the time I got to the first trash can I saw. I didn’t want to waste time after how much it went down yesterday, and I had a FOP FP to get to so I wanted to get on and out.

I know, but just in case it kept moving (and it did) I didn’t want to throw away half my drink. I took it in and finished it by the time I got to the first trash can I saw. I didn’t want to waste time after how much it went down yesterday, and I had a FOP FP to get to so I wanted to get on and out.
I tagged your post but it was more for a general knowledge.

We had that problem on our day a few weeks ago at Pop. We walked out and the bus was there, but more people in line than would fit. Ordered Uber and it as 10, then 15 minutes. Ordered Lyft, also delayed. Uber got there first so we went with them. It was more stressful than I like for sure.

I share this story again so others know to give a little extra time cushion.
What happened with the Lyft you ordered and didn't take? Do you cancel it? Do you still get charged?

Sayhello

What happened with the Lyft you ordered and didn't take? Do you cancel it? Do you still get charged?

Sayhello
I cancelled out Lyft twice this week during our trip. Once they charged me a $5 cancel fee and this morning they didn’t. This morning I canceled about 5 minutes after my window for my scheduled ride and I’m guessing they didn’t charge me because the driver was nowhere close and driving further away. The morning they did charge me I disputed the charge (driver was 5 minutes away, drove away from our resort, then drove in circles for 15 minutes before I canceled) and Lyft immediately gave me a $5 credit without me even having to explain. I’m guessing they knew something was up.

Congrats! Can you mobile order breakfast at Docking Bay 7? And is that the restaurant by the Millennium Falcon photo spot?
I think so but at 7:20 there was no line and tons of open tables so it wouldn’t have saved us any time. And yes - it’s near the Millennium Falcon. We just went back for lunch - pleasantly surprised how good both meals were.

I waited all day yesterday for it to come back up and finally gave up and went to my 6 PM dinner reservation. When I got to the restaurant, I got the notification that my group was called. Couldn’t get back in an hour and was tired of going back and forth. If it’s still up, I will try my return pass after my Epcot seminar. It’s still running today?
How did you get a return pass (Fast Pass??) If you missed your Bg?
Hope you made it on today 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter