READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’re here again for day 2! Had scheduled a Lyft last night for 5:50 from AKL. Watched our Lyft driver drive in circles for 20 minutes before we decided to walk down to the bus stop to see if a bus would be faster...and one was there. On at 6:10 and inside the gates before 6:25. No finger scan this morning (we did scan yesterday). Ponchos purchased and we’re now camped out under an overhang by the Little Mermaid. Fingers crossed!!

Today was my second live practice from home. The first time I was on wifi and opened the app right before. Toggled back and forth once and got the red button. Easy peasy. Today none of that worked. Was on LTE Finally at 1 minute after I closed and relaunched and got the red button. I think it was still initial boarding groups as I didn’t get a message. Anyway, I wasn’t nervous about my real life chance but now I kinda am😳😬

Practiced at home today...and at exactly 7:01 - changed to "backup". Our moderator is right!! Was happy to find that I was able to go through the entire process from closed app to red button/choose party - twice through. I think I could have done it a total of three times if I hadn't been watching the 7:01 clock/backup group drama unfold! Ha!

I had a bizarre experience during my test this morning. When I hit the red button on my phone it took a few seconds for my family and friends list to pop up (not unusual) but two of my four family members were not listed. So, I went to my iPad and they were listed, and then back to the phone and then they were listed.

That would really be frustrating if it happened in the park.

I had a bizarre experience during my test this morning. When I hit the red button on my phone it took a few seconds for my family and friends list to pop up (not unusual) but two of my four family members were not listed. So, I went to my iPad and they were listed, and then back to the phone and then they were listed.

That would really be frustrating if it happened in the park.
I had the same thing happen while I was practicing this morning. None of my family and friends appeared! I closed out the app and relaunched and then they appeared, but at that time backups had already started. Really hope this doesn’t happen when I’m trying for real! This process has so many variables. Will practice again tomorrow and see if I get similar results.

I had the same thing happen while I was practicing this morning. None of my family and friends appeared! I closed out the app and relaunched and then they appeared, but at that time backups had already started. Really hope this doesn’t happen when I’m trying for real! This process has so many variables. Will practice again tomorrow and see if I get similar results.

Obviously the recommended response to that situation would be to proceed with yourself and anyone else on the list who’s in the park and try to reconcile it later. But that just adds some complication, especially if you want to join the wave to another attraction.

I’m wondering if they knew yesterday was going to be a tough day for Rise so gave out less BGs? I seem to remember them running out early.

Today it’s 8:14 and backup boarding groups are still available.

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter