READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed a trend in the decrease in the number of boarding groups issued at WDW with the opening of rotr at Disneyland? I wonder if DL had cast members at WDW that helped with “rebooting” of the attraction and training out at WDW in preparation of the opening at DL. Seems to be less and less BG’s since DL’s opening. I might be thinking too far into things though.

I don’t know what I did wrong, what the heck my phone did this morning, but I’m going to have to try again tomorrow. The button wouldn’t turn red, tried on and off WiFi, opening and closing the app, refresh, everything, and ended up with group 93. People I was standing with got 19 and were trying to help, and they were so perplexed as to why mine wouldn’t work. Got notification a little while ago that they won’t get to my group 😫. I guess I’ll be walking back over in the morning *sigh*
This happened to me 2 put of 3 tries last week. I was lucky enough to ride at the end of the nights, and I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. I do think part of the issue was that I tried to open the apps early. I think opening after 700 is better than before. Good luck tomorrow!

Has anyone noticed a trend in the decrease in the number of boarding groups issued at WDW with the opening of rotr at Disneyland? I wonder if DL had cast members at WDW that helped with “rebooting” of the attraction and training out at WDW in preparation of the opening at DL. Seems to be less and less BG’s since DL’s opening. I might be thinking too far into things though.

I totally think this is the case, too! I jokingly said this a few days ago, but there was some seriousness underlying the thought. I figure all the top technicians went to Disneyland to help make the opening there a success.

Update: it came back up as we were finishing watching Indiana Jones. It. Was. INCREDIBLE. Totally made all the nonsense worth it, and that is coming from someone who likes Star Wars but isn’t a huge fan (my husband and daughter are obsessed). We’re actually setting our alarms for 4:50 again tomorrow to try again. It’s supposed to be raining so maybe that will keep some of the locals home? A girl can dream, right? 😉

I keep reading that you should have multiple people in your party try to get a boarding group to increase your chances of getting one. We are going on a very busy day - President's Day. Right now only I have the app on my phone with my DH and two DS's listed as part of my group. How do I go about having us all try? Do I just have them all log in with my log in info? Can more than one person log into the same account at the same time? Are they supposed to create their own account? How does that work if they are listed in my account? Thanks for any advice/help.

I keep reading that you should have multiple people in your party try to get a boarding group to increase your chances of getting one. We are going on a very busy day - President's Day. Right now only I have the app on my phone with my DH and two DS's listed as part of my group. How do I go about having us all try? Do I just have them all log in with my log in info? Can more than one person log into the same account at the same time? Are they supposed to create their own account? How does that work if they are listed in my account? Thanks for any advice/help.
Merged you to the proper thread
Yes, you can share your log in info and more than one presion can be logged in at the same time

Just have everyone log in on your account

Download the app onto everyone’s phone, log yourself in on all of the phones, and have everyone try at the same time. I just downloaded the app to my 2 son’s phones this am to try a test run for our day this week.

Merged you to the proper thread
Yes, you can share your log in info and more than one presion can be logged in at the same time
Just have everyone log in on your account
Download the app onto everyone’s phone, log yourself in on all of the phones, and have everyone try at the same time. I just downloaded the app to my 2 son’s phones this am to try a test run for our day this week.

Thank you all. So excited to try!

A hard reset is turning the phone completely off. Not just turning the screen off

View attachment 470063
Actually as someone who used to be a senior technical advisor for Apple there is no such thing as a hard reset. You can do a forced restart or you can do a restore. A forced restart is what that procedure describes.

ETA: it literally does nothing but restart your phone.

Hi y’all. I’m wondering: when folks are advising that we wait until 10 sec before 7 and then “open” the app, are you logged into the app already? You’re not taking the time to “sign in” between 6:59:10 and “join boarding group,” are you? Thanks in advance!

Hi y’all. I’m wondering: when folks are advising that we wait until 10 sec before 7 and then “open” the app, are you logged into the app already? You’re not taking the time to “sign in” between 6:59:10 and “join boarding group,” are you? Thanks in advance!

No- I have the “stay logged in button” checked and make sure I”m logged in before exiting the app and going back in.

Actually as someone who used to be a senior technical advisor for Apple there is no such thing as a hard reset. You can do a forced restart or you can do a restore. A forced restart is what that procedure describes.

ETA: it literally does nothing but restart your phone.
Thanks for this info!

My day to try for a boarding group will be February 4th and that day HS will open at 8. Anyone have any bold predictions on how that will go? I was feeling confident about my chances of getting a BG but now the anxiety is returning because of the park opening later.

I opened the app at 6:59:55am and it still showed status as “closed”. My husband opened the app at exactly 7am and got boarding group 3 (first boarding group of the day).

My day to try for a boarding group will be February 4th and that day HS will open at 8. Anyone have any bold predictions on how that will go? I was feeling confident about my chances of getting a BG but now the anxiety is returning because of the park opening later.
That's my day, too. It's a big unknown. :( I guess we'll be the current pioneers!

Sayhello

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter