READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry - 1 for the mornings was what I was hearing (which is why I was concerned for my breakfast at Oga's at 7:35). I didn't know they were allowing returns anyway up to 2 hrs. I'll work it out with GET I'm sure if it's an issue. I hope it is! That will mean I got an early BG!! Come on BG3-10!!

That makes a lot of sense why they are mixing it. I imagine most people who get an early BG are also doing RD for short lines and would get in a many "quick" rides as possible before using a guaranteed BG entry 1hr 58min later ;-) Disney probably learned the hard way that they were wasting morning capacity or creating a bottle neck ~1.5-2hrs after ride open. I would love to know the results of their 1hr experiment. I'd actually be interested to see a study of the BG concept as a whole in comparison to other formats. There's a lot to love here vs. FP and certainly vs. standing in a general line. But for the "planners" it's also nerve wracking to have the big unknown in your day that you can't plan around. So you have all these contingencies depending on the BG you get (or don't get).

Does Disney keep us dangling on the line about BG procedures and times just because they want to be agile with making changes, or is it to build hype I wonder?
From personal experience- you should get to the ride as soon as you can- once your group is called, because there is a pretty decent chance right now the ride may be down in that two hour window and you may miss your chance to ride- especially if you have one of the later BG’s.

Anyone with experiences if you miss your boarding window? Just curious - I'll be at DHS in a few weeks and will arrive super early (while friends go to another park) and while I plan to be there the whole day, I'm supposed to meet my friends over at Boardwalk for a brunch reservation. Just nervous I'll get a BG that calls just as I get to brunch.

We had boarding group 15 today. Got on round 1 just after 9. Litreally after about 5 seconds, evac. Got fast pass. On again around 12:30pm. Got a little further, evac #2. Now just sitting and waiting for #3. Argh.
You are saying they are evac'ing you from the ride, correct? After you have already waited in line when called back? Have you been waiting in a line each time before getting on!?
Some people were talking about snacks being handed out in line while the ride was "down" so I assume they aren't having people leave the line. Or maybe at some point they just call it and get everyone out of line too?

Well, just got on round 3. Made through phase 1. Evac #3. We are officially cursed. We are just going to sit here waiting out of principal now. This is bonkers Today.
We'll be there the first week of March. If you're still sitting there, I'll say,"Hi"! Seriously, I hope it gets better for you quickly.

You are saying they are evac'ing you from the ride, correct? After you have already waited in line when called back? Have you been waiting in a line each time before getting on!?
Some people were talking about snacks being handed out in line while the ride was "down" so I assume they aren't having people leave the line. Or maybe at some point they just call it and get everyone out of line too?

We were told that if we had to leave the line when the ride went down that we were far enough along to get a FP to come back. I'd assume that would also be the case if you were in the ride!

Reactions: mm1
Sounds like we are there the same day. I’m wondering the same thing. I feel like it may give the ones that didn’t want to get up earlier a reason to get up.
Also with our first day being the first 8am opening I have this weird feeling Disney IT will forget to change the BG drop time from 7am to 8am and they will drop them early at 7am.

If that happened it would truly turn back into the original way where people could join as soon as they tapped in since the gates won't open until after 7.

I'll be there on Tuesday 2/4 and will report back!

We were told that if we had to leave the line when the ride went down that we were far enough along to get a FP to come back. I'd assume that would also be the case if you were in the ride!
Yeah, I guess I assumed FP in this case just let you join any BG you wanted (which could still have a smaller line) Do they have a dedicated FP line to let people skip ahead?

many have reported all WDW reservation locations have been lenient with times, specifically at SWGE Savi's is the only one where it's a bit more problematic
I scheduled Savis during a day with EMHs to help avoid the conflict. Has there been any indication if RotR will operate during EMHs anytime soon?

I have a *really* important question, and I apologize because I think it has been discussed before...

Where have you been getting your coffee? Is everyone just heading to the Trolley Cart/Starbucks? Not sure I can successfully join a BG without proper caffeination! :rotfl2:

Resort food court opens at 6am. I guess If they keep the 8am opening, I can just go there. But, I think there’s a fairly good chance!it may get moved up to 7am during Pres Day weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter