READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What boarding group were y'all?

I'm going to try to get a pass for just myself on our Epcot day, and I'd really rather get an afternoon/evening group, but considering how quickly they go, it seems like I should just make the reservation as quickly as possible.

If I get "lucky" and my group boards before noon, though, I'd be SOL. That's when all our Fastpasses at Epcot are for, and I know my mom wants me to spend the morning with her. :/

ugh, so stressful
You take what you get. You can try to wait 2 min and then click, but I wouldn't wait any longer. And if it was a day with lots of downtime the day before, don't wait 2 min. Work with what you get. With a 2 hour return window it shouldn't be too hard to make things work.

After following this thread for a couple of weeks I had my first (successful) attempt at riding ROTR this morning.

We arrived at DHS by car about 5:50, went all the way to the right, tapped in at about 6:15 and went down Sunset Boulevard where we were in the second row by cast members. We would have been much further back at either of the other locations. But since I rode MFSR a couple of times in October (thank you 6 AM EMH) and we have a FP for Slinky on Sunday before our departure, we decided to start with TOT and RNRC.

We ended up with BG 23 and were called a little after 7:30. We were able to do TOT (first elevator of the day) and RNRC (single rider) and the notice came as we were getting off. Because Star Tours was a walk on (posted at 20 minutes) we did that to see the new scenes before heading to RNRC. We entered the line there about 7:50 and exited about 8:30. Great experience.

A few comments about the VQ process. While we were waiting on Sunset Boulevard I had WiFi on, but at times it cut out and kicked to LTE. So, while my daughter and I had planned to have one of us use WIFi and the other data, we both just used data. One of my other daughters, who was waiting at the airport with my wife to fly down today tried to get us BGs too. When 7 AM hit, we started refreshing, but the button did not turn red immediately for us. It sounded like some people were getting through. After a few tries the button turned red for me and I was clicking on the boarding group members when my daughter says “ I got it, 23”. At the same time I get a text from my daughter at the airport saying “Looks like you’re in 23”. Though we aren’t 100% sure, we think it’s actually the daughter at the airport who got through first.

Bottom line, when I try again on Saturday with the daughter who has now arrived, we will just use data and not the park WiFI. Also, if you have someone in your Friends and Family Group who is not in the park is willing and able to help, give it a try. I’m not sure we would have gotten the number we did without that help. We won’t be getting that help on Saturday because the daughter who was with me today will be running the half marathon.

Last edited:
If you have one park per day passes and go to HS first to try and get BG and are NOT successful... will CMs wipe that day and let you enter a different park so you can try HS a different day?

If you have one park per day passes and go to HS first to try and get BG and are NOT successful... will CMs wipe that day and let you enter a different park so you can try HS a different day?
It never hurts to ask, but I highly doubt that.

What boarding group were y'all?

I'm going to try to get a pass for just myself on our Epcot day, and I'd really rather get an afternoon/evening group, but considering how quickly they go, it seems like I should just make the reservation as quickly as possible.

If I get "lucky" and my group boards before noon, though, I'd be SOL. That's when all our Fastpasses at Epcot are for, and I know my mom wants me to spend the morning with her. :/

ugh, so stressful

Another thing that could happen, is that you could get a very early boarding group and have the opportunity to ride the ride and get over to Epcot before the park even opens.

Looks like I’m going to have to plead my case to the guest relations people at the front of the park before I leave for AK. Hopefully they will give me some luck/pixie dust. Wish me luck
Awaiting your results and thinking all will turn out well.

It never hurts to ask, but I highly doubt that.
I concur, it never hurts to ask.
BUT, I do think they may well work with you, provided you immediately leave the park and go to GS (the one outside the park) and explain.
Now, obviously if you hang in the park a few hours and then leave they aren't going to replace that day but they do realize how hard it is to get a BG and if you get there before the group sign up opens and you still didn't get one, if you go right away and explain, I think you stand a decent chance

Another thing that could happen, is that you could get a very early boarding group and have the opportunity to ride the ride and get over to Epcot before the park even opens.

We could have done that today. Because we got BG23, we could have entered the line at ROTR shortly after 7:30 if we hadn’t stopped to do Star Tours on our way there from RNRC. As it is, after ROTR we decided to take the Skyliner to Epcot, realizing that we could probably get there faster walking (we walk quickly). But we didn’t really care if we got to the IG a little after 9, and we actually arrived about 9:10.

Because you can't take that long to get a Boarding Group. They'll be gone by the time they let you in to walk back to get in line for Smuggler's run. Or they'll be very late in the day. I'd never suggest doing anything till you grab that BG number. Then you walk to wherever you want to ride first.

Do you mean waiting for the ride? Sure. If you mean waiting to get a Boarding Group, nope. They hold you closer towards the center of the park, not allowed in to GE yet.

Somehow I am totally misunderstanding something. Just to explain. I have been off the boards for the last few months and am just now planning my trip for later in this year so I may have missed some explanation for the BG process.

Don't you walk into the park, let's say opening is at 7...you get let in around 6:30 but are held back from any of the lands and are waiting on the Boulevard, etc. At 7am, do you have to be in a specific physical spot for the BG pass screen to open on your phone or can you just be strolling anywhere through the park?

What do you mean let me back in to get on the line to Smuggler's run?

Also, are you saying that at that point the line for SR will be totally full?

Once I get the actual BG, I could head over to SDD at that time and then when I get notified my BG is up, leave SDD and head back over to SWGE right?

Also, how would you recommend I do other fastpasses for the day? Plan them for the morning or plan them after a certain time to ensure I gave myself time to get onto ROTR?

Thank you...thank you for your patience!

My family and I got off a little while ago after one failed attempt where the ride broke down and we had to return (with a Fastpass) We enjoyed the ride, and my family said it was worth getting up at 4:45 to do it, however, we won't ride it again this visit due to the time involved in getting onto the ride. I hope it becomes more reliable in the future.

After following this thread for a couple of weeks I had my first (successful) attempt at riding ROTR this morning.

We arrived at DHS by car about 5:50, went all the way to the right, tapped in at about 6:15 and went down Sunset Boulevard where we were in the second row by cast members. We would have been much further back at either of the other locations. But since I rode MFSR a couple of times in October (thank you 6 AM EMH) and we have a FP for Slinky on Sunday before our departure, we decided to start with TOT and RNRC.

We ended up with BG 23 and were called a little after 7:30. We were able to do TOT (first elevator of the day) and RNRC (single rider) and the notice came as we were getting off. Because Star Tours was a walk on (posted at 20 minutes) we did that to see the new scenes before heading to RNRC. We entered the line there about 7:50 and exited about 8:30. Great experience.

A few comments about the VQ process. While we were waiting on Sunset Boulevard I had WiFi on, but at times it cut out and kicked to LTE. So, while my daughter and I had planned to have one of us use WIFi and the other data, we both just used data. One of my other daughters, who was waiting at the airport with my wife to fly down today tried to get us BGs too. When 7 AM hit, we started refreshing, but the button did not turn red immediately for us. It sounded like some people were getting through. After a few tries the button turned red for me and I was clicking on the boarding group members when my daughter says “ I got it, 23”. At the same time I get a text from my daughter at the airport saying “Looks like you’re in 23”. Though we aren’t 100% sure, we think it’s actually the daughter at the airport who got through first.

Bottom line, when I try again on Saturday with the daughter who has now arrived, we will just use data and not the park WiFI. Also, if you have someone in your Friends and Family Group who is not in the park is willing and able to help, give it a try. I’m not sure we would have gotten the number we did without that help. We won’t be getting that help on Saturday because the daughter who was with me today will be running the half marathon.

I don't understand how someone who hasn't tapped in the the park is able to get a BG? Doesn't' seem right to me but you're not the first one to say this. Anyone have more information??

Because we got BG23, we could have entered the line at ROTR shortly after 7:30 if we hadn’t stopped to do Star Tours on our way there from RNRC.
Too funny that we were in the same boarding group! What are the chances? We went straight to the ride after receiving our notification at 7:32 so were a little ahead of you.

My family and I got off a little while ago after one failed attempt where the ride broke down and we had to return (with a Fastpass) We enjoyed the ride, and my family said it was worth getting up at 4:45 to do it, however, we won't ride it again this visit due to the time involved in getting onto the ride. I hope it becomes more reliable in the future.

Do you know if the scene that the previous poster mentioned being down was up for you? We should be getting on soonish and was hoping the ride would be fully functional.

I don't understand how someone who hasn't tapped in the the park is able to get a BG? Doesn't' seem right to me but you're not the first one to say this. Anyone have more information??

You’re misunderstanding.

When people talk about securing BG from outside the park, they are not getting them for themselves, they are snagging them for the people tapped into the park either from that persons account or I think even from their personal account as long as they are linked. Might be wrong on that last part.

The advantage is theoretically the person outside the park has an easier time with their connection. Doesn’t always work out that way though, but it doesn’t hurt to have an extra person trying.

Somehow I am totally misunderstanding something. Just to explain. I have been off the boards for the last few months and am just now planning my trip for later in this year so I may have missed some explanation for the BG process.

Don't you walk into the park, let's say opening is at 7...you get let in around 6:30 but are held back from any of the lands and are waiting on the Boulevard, etc. At 7am, do you have to be in a specific physical spot for the BG pass screen to open on your phone or can you just be strolling anywhere through the park?

What do you mean let me back in to get on the line to Smuggler's run?

Also, are you saying that at that point the line for SR will be totally full?

Once I get the actual BG, I could head over to SDD at that time and then when I get notified my BG is up, leave SDD and head back over to SWGE right?

Also, how would you recommend I do other fastpasses for the day? Plan them for the morning or plan them after a certain time to ensure I gave myself time to get onto ROTR?

Thank you...thank you for your patience!

The step that's missing from your timeline is that you can't get all the way back to Galaxy's Edge when the gates are first opened - there's a secondary holding place. So you enter at 6:30, get to that holding position (part way back in the park, but not all the way to GE) and wait there until 7. At 7 you claim your Boarding Group, then after a short pause (so that people aren't all trying to get their groups and walk at the same time) the CMs will lead the whole group back to GE (and others will lead the other groups to Slinky Dog, RnRC, etc.), at which point you can go get in line for Smuggler's Run, with your boarding group already claimed.

Your original post asked about getting the Boarding Group while already standing in line at Smuggler's Run, but you can't get there until after the Boarding Groups have been released, which is where I think the confusion was in the previous reply. Because, yes, by the time the group is walked all the way back to Smuggler's Run (or Slinky Dog, or whichever ride you go to first), there's a good likelihood all the BGs will be gone, but you'll already have yours, because you can get it right at 7 while waiting in the holding area. You just won't technically have reached the physical queue for any of the other rides at the time the BGs release.

You’re misunderstanding.

When people talk about securing BG from outside the park, they are not getting them for themselves, they are snagging them for the people tapped into the park either from that persons account or I think even from their personal account as long as they are linked. Might be wrong on that last part.

The advantage is theoretically the person outside the park has an easier time with their connection. Doesn’t always work out that way though, but it doesn’t hurt to have an extra person trying.

I see what you're saying...still doesn't seem quite fair to me but for as many years as I've been going to Disney, there's always someone who finds a way to beat the system. 🤷‍♀️

:) I mean I've been saying this since day one, I am obviously in the minority of people not stressing over number of bg, number of people per bg, time of day anyone was called to a specific bg, etc.
My motto since day 1 has been, be at the entrance to DHS at least an hour before opening, have your app ready and join when it opens, that's it

i think that is a great attittude to have ... but for those of us traveling thousands of miles and have 1 shot for the next 12+ months at this, it is a bit stressful just thinking of everything that can go wrong (especially when seeing days were all the regular BGs were gone after 90 secs and we are forced to rely on Disney IT working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter