RE: thread about McAfee download

LoriNSC

DIS Veteran
I saw a thread on here this morning about the McAfee Virus Protection download & it's apparently been pulled. Was this post a hoax? Whoever pulled it please pm me.

Unfortunately the link contained an affiliate code and could not be posted as per the Posting Guidelines.

What is an affiliate code? lol, meaning I followed it and am afraid it might hurt my computer!

An affiliate code means that the person who posted it will profit off of your clicking on it. It's not bad for you, it's not bad for the person who posted it (except for their Dis privileges), but it counts as advertising without paying for the advertising on the Dis, and THAT is bad. But not harmful for you.

Thank you so much! We had the Sasser virus/worm, and it took forever to deal with. We finally had to fdisk the computer.

Avira free anti-virus program consistently gets good reviews.

http://www.free-av.com/

Some ISPs give you a free AV program. Double check with your provider.

I haven't used McAfee in years, the version I used was a resource hog. I'm not sure if the newer versions are better.

An affiliate code means that the person who posted it will profit off of your clicking on it. It's not bad for you, it's not bad for the person who posted it (except for their Dis privileges), but it counts as advertising without paying for the advertising on the Dis, and THAT is bad. But not harmful for you.

Actually it does not necessarily mean the person who posted it will reap profits from it.

I used to post free magazines links and the whole thread got removed because it contained affiliate codes on some of the links, I received no profits from it then or ever.

What is an affiliate code? lol, meaning I followed it and am afraid it might hurt my computer!

I downloaded it too & wanted to make sure I didn't harm my new laptop. The anti-virus I normally use through my internet provider don't service Window 7 yet & I needed something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter