• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??? re: Swan room request

NYMom

Mouseketeer
We leave for the Swan in 5 days !!! We will be there for my birthday and will be traveling with DH, DS9 & DS5. I booked a standard room using the nurse discount.
I am a SPG gold member so it is my understanding that I will recieve an upgraded room (to a perfered room) at check-in if available. My questions are:
1) What is considered a perfered room?
2) Has anyone still e-mailed them with specific room requests ?
3) Has anyone been upgraded to concierge ?
4) Any tips or recommendations ?
THANKS ! :bounce:

I haven't actually stayed here but I plan to next February using the teacher rate. I know from all the reading I've done on these boards that people do receive complimentary upgrades to Club Level(concierge) both with requests and without requests. I say make the request via e-mail or phone call and then ask nicely at check-in. Neither one could hurt and the worse they could say is there is no availability. Many people have been very lucky so you could be, too!!
Good luck and let us know how it works out!
Joanne
:D

jmcross gave excellent advice! We had a wonderful stay the end of June. I am sure you will have a wonderful trip, too! Please let us know how your requests worked out and how you enjoyed your stay.

Have a great vacation!
Debbie

We were just at the Swan the end of June and are also Gold. We received a balcony room as our upgrade. I believe a better view is also considered an upgrade. I did email a general request for an upgrade along with asking if there was anything special they could do for my son's 5th birthday. I never received a response and it was evident at check in that they didn't have any of this noted on my ressie.

My advice is to be as sweet and pleasant with the check in person as possible because they do have the power to move your original room assignment. We had Evadne at check in and she was wonderful. When she heard that my son would be celebrating his birthday while there, she ordered a cake to be sent to our room on that day and at a time we found convenient. It was truly magical!

Good luck and no matter which room you get you'll still be in the magic and having a wonderful vacation.

How much is the nurse discount? I have been wondering about this.

obnurse>> Starting rate for a standard room, nurse/teacher discount is 129.00 for the Dolphin and 144 for the Swan. The difference in room rates is due to the fact that renovations are finished at the Swan. Click on the dreams unlimited links on the main page for more information and to see what the different rates are for your dates.

Helpful hint>> Sometimes if you want a club level room it is cheaper to go with no discount than with the nurse/teacher discount. I found this true during our June trip.

Debbie

Hello NY Mom we will be at the Swan on the 4th. Will you still be there then?

Have a great trip:smooth:

Originally posted by magicaddict

My advice is to be as sweet and pleasant with the check in person as possible because they do have the power to move your original room assignment. We had Evadne at check in and she was wonderful. When she heard that my son would be celebrating his birthday while there, she ordered a cake to be sent to our room on that day and at a time we found convenient. It was truly magical!

Evadne was the one who checked me in, also - and she was a sweetheart! She even remembered my name another time when I came to the desk to ask a question.

My advice is to not expect an upgrade to club level, but be pleasanly surprised if you get one.

Although DH and I didn't have any Star? membership when I used the teacher discount at the Swan this summer, we were still given a King/NS at check-in. I didn't care about the view since I got in on the $129 rate early at the Swan through Dreams Unlimited. Although DU was aware that we were celebrating our anniversary and wanted a king, the Swan had no records of our requests. So--if you have special req. you may want to call the hotel directly and get the name of someone you speak to in order to get what you can when you check in.

Regardless, it's a great hotel and I am so thankful for a teacher discount. Finally!

Thank you all for your responses.
I have some requests noted on my reservation( Non-smoking room with two queen beds) but no request for an upgrade.
I will look for Evadne and askher politely if one is available.

Tinktwins- We are there from 7/28 - 8/4
Maybe we'll meet at the front desk !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter