??? re: booking pkg though AAA NOW and then if free dining comes out?

kldmom2000

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this ?, but after tons of trips to Disney, last year was the first time we booked a package in order to get the free dining promotion (Prior to that we always booked "room only" AAA reservations through CRO). We didn't book the pkg. though AAA last year-I did it myself through Disney's CRO again.

I booked a MYW pkg Thurs. @ AAA & the deposit is due Tuesday. We were going to go in July.... but DH reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally does NOT want to go in July.... so we are leaning toward the last week of August OR Sept. 29-Oct. 6. Both of those would fall into the "free dining" "IF" Disney offers it again. I'm not sure whether or not to just change the dates with AAA and pay the deposit now.... if Disney does run the free dining program again, will there be any problems making an adjustment to the $$ cost of the pkg later? What if they only offer it to Disney Visa holders (as they did for 3 days prior to the public last year?) I'm also a Disney Visa holder, but would AAA be able to honor that if they don't offer it to the public right away "IF" it's offered at all since it's not a AAA offer or an overall Disney offer-just through the Visa?

Just wondering what I should do before I go in to see my agent Tuesday after the holiday tomorrow??????

Thanks in advance for your help/experience with it! :yay:

Good Question, I was wondering the same thing. :thumbsup2 Here is what I do know... Last year's free dining ended, Sept 29, so that may affect when you go. The offer came out in April last year and that will be well before either your July or fall trip would occur. SO you could always cancel the reservation and rebook for free dining. I also have a reservation for Sept and will be watching for free dining. My AAA agent said she could add any codes to the reservation I already have but that it could be a $50 change fee. BUT I would like to know if anyone did this last year becasue I knew more about free dining than the agent did. She is new :) and I used free dining in 2005. I like to do all my own research and then just use AAA for the discount :rolleyes1 Planning is part of the fun for me!

Good Question, I was wondering the same thing. :thumbsup2 Here is what I do know... Last year's free dining ended, Sept 29, so that may affect when you go. The offer came out in April last year and that will be well before either your July or fall trip would occur. SO you could always cancel the reservation and rebook for free dining. I also have a reservation for Sept and will be watching for free dining. My AAA agent said she could add any codes to the reservation I already have but that it could be a $50 change fee. BUT I would like to know if anyone did this last year becasue I knew more about free dining than the agent did. She is new :) and I used free dining in 2005. I like to do all my own research and then just use AAA for the discount :rolleyes1 Planning is part of the fun for me!

Opps! I also meant to clarify, in 2005, I booked the MYW package with AAA and got free dining. But beware free dining can affect the other discounts you can use. So check it each way and see what is best for the days you want and the number of people in your party. Hope this helps!

No problem...I've done this twice. You book now through AAA and your AAA TA will adjust the price if free dining (or any other deal) comes out. Please keep in mind that you will lose you AAA room discount so you need to do the math to see what is a better deal. (In the case of free dining, free dining will always be more than a room discount if you are going with more than 1 person).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter