Rate my ADR!

LovesHerTaurus

LovesHerTaurus
First Disney trip. Going by what people tell me on here :D AND some cool phone calls with awesome reservations people at Disney! Will try to keep this pretty short! My kids are 10 and 12, both late nighters and big eaters. My fiance works night shifts and is cool about flexible sleep :D

Sunday - up at 3AM for flight, get to Orlando for 2:30. Wedding dress steaming, hotel check in, tux try on then Magic Kingdom with NO ADRs! Who knows how long all that will take, we'll be fried...

Monday - up at 3:00AM for wedding! Brunch as part of wedding deal offsite, long afternoon siesta with more MK and Hoop De Doo at 9:30PM

Tuesday - AM Blizzard Beach, siesta, dinner @ Sci Fi, evening @ Hollywood studios - flip coin to see who gets in line for Fantasmic (all dinner packages sold out!)

Wednesday - AM Hollywood Studios, siesta, world showcase, Akershus @ Norway in Epcot

Thursday - laundry/morning@ pool, downtown Disney late morning, late lunch @ Planet Hollywood, Disneyquest till 10PM!

Friday - Sleep in, Pirate League for ALL of us, parade, QS supper somewhere, pirate and pals cruise, MK open until 2AM!

Saturday - Sleep in, Future world, adult night out at Raglan/House of Blues, kids have service in + pizza

Sunday - AK, 10:10AM Tusker House Breakie, stay till parade. Siesta, Biergarten for supper, Illuminations at 9. Go to MK open until MIDNIGHT!

Monday - Typhoon Lagoon, siesta, 1 week anniversary so dinner at Cinderella in MK, adults go to boardwalk and Jellyrolls!

Tuesday - MK or waterpark, leave @1 for 5PM flight

We have 10 days of TS credits because we did 10 days of tickets.

We figure it is a good mix of character (Cinderella, Akershus, Tusker), just plain cool (Sci Fi, Planet Hollywood), fun (Hoop De Doo on wedding day!, Biergarten) and we get to hit an Irish Pub!

We're from a small town so the best restaurant we have is a Boston Pizza!

Critique please! My 10 year old is a total princess cheerleader, my fiance is easy going, my 12 year old likes things that are different :D Spirit of Aloha is full, no room at Chef Mickey, and Fantasmic totally sold out for the time we are there!

Thanks! :)

The ADRs look good.

Some of the hopping would be too much for me (dinner at CRT, then hopping to Boardwalk, and dinner at Biergarten, then hopping to MK). BUT, you can play that by ear. If you're wiped out, you can skip the second part of the evening. Hopping is time-consuming and is just dead-time, you know?

But the ADRs look fine. Seems like a great trip!

I thought a hop from MK to Epcot, or Epcot to MK wouldn't be a big deal. Remember -> I'm a newbie :D

Can't you monorail from MK to Epcot and return? Or am I on the crazy pills again? We don't even have bus service here where I live, so I thought that would tickle the kids :D

Congrats on your wedding!

You plans sounds good. YOu can take the monorial from MK to Epcot but you have to walk through the entiere park, then walk or take the boat to the Boardwalk. Its a rather long trek. You could just get a bus at MK to Boardwalk too, would be easier if its not too crowded. Jellyrolls doesn't really get going until after 9pm anyway.

The only thing I would consider changing is Planet Holleywood but if you have never been that I guess its a must do. I prefer teh Rain Forest, TRex or Wolfgang puck over PH.

The Monday plans (TL, then siesta, then MK - Cinderella) + Boardwalk sound kooky BUT:

TL in the morning - bus straight from our hotel (WDMu)
then siesta from 12:30-2:30
Grab bus straight to MK from hotel for parade @ 3, then 3:55 reservations at Cinderella. Hit a few rides, then back to the hotel.
Leave kids at the hotel!
THEN go to the Boardwalk :D

Can I board a bus from WDMu to the Boardwalk directly? That is the snafu in this plan :D Well for this day anyways :D

My Sunday question is - if I want to go to Biergarten because I WANT TO GO THERE (hehehehehe) then see the fireworks at Epcot, can't I take the monorail from Epcot -> MK and enjoy a few late night hours there since it is open until midnight? Most people will head for resort buses right?

We're pretty excited about the whole thing. A little bit of a logistical nightmare, but we'll be hepped up on Disney love and excitement anyways. We're from Ontario, so the afternoon siesta is a MUST I think!

:grouphug: I'm a planner :D

The Monday plans (TL, then siesta, then MK - Cinderella) + Boardwalk sound kooky BUT:

TL in the morning - bus straight from our hotel (WDMu)
then siesta from 12:30-2:30
Grab bus straight to MK from hotel for parade @ 3, then 3:55 reservations at Cinderella. Hit a few rides, then back to the hotel.
Leave kids at the hotel!
THEN go to the Boardwalk :D

Can I board a bus from WDMu to the Boardwalk directly? That is the snafu in this plan :D Well for this day anyways :D

My Sunday question is - if I want to go to Biergarten because I WANT TO GO THERE (hehehehehe) then see the fireworks at Epcot, can't I take the monorail from Epcot -> MK and enjoy a few late night hours there since it is open until midnight? Most people will head for resort buses right?

I think you're right on all fronts, except that I don't think there will be a direct bus to BW. You can take a bus to EP or DHS and then walk or take a boat to BW. You can also take a cab. For resort-to-resort traveling, cabs can't be beat.

Nothing wrong with your plans. I just tend to get fatigued by the end of the trip. Again, if you're feeling tired, you can alter your plans. I find that we follow my plans to a T for the first few days. Then everyone starts making requests or getting tired or whatever, and the plans get altered. It all turns out fine in the end!

We're pretty excited about the whole thing. A little bit of a logistical nightmare, but we'll be hepped up on Disney love and excitement anyways. We're from Ontario, so the afternoon siesta is a MUST I think!

:grouphug: I'm a planner :D

Siesta = YES (we have had down time at the resort most every day of our trips)..... but you may have an afternoon when you're having fun and want to keep going. We had one of those on the last trip. We just did what we wanted. We were BEAT by the end of the day, but we just cancelled our ADR and ate at the resort. Plans are great (in fact, I over-plan), but don't be a slave to your plans if the family would rather "zig" when your plan says "zag".

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

I figured by that point we won't be so tired as we will be needing a short kid break :D Thus the Downtown and Boardwalk plans near the end of the trip :laughing:

Nothing wrong with your plans. I just tend to get fatigued by the end of the trip. Again, if you're feeling tired, you can alter your plans. I find that we follow my plans to a T for the first few days. Then everyone starts making requests or getting tired or whatever, and the plans get altered. It all turns out fine in the end!

OoOoOo I managed to get an ADR for Chef Mickey! Someone must have cancelled, even the eservation lady was shocked!

Thursday - laundry/morning@ pool, downtown Disney late morning, late lunch @ Planet Hollywood, Disneyquest till 10PM!

is now the following:

Thursday - laundry/morning @ pool. Lunch at Chef Mickey's! Downtown Disney until close out of Disneyquest at 10PM

Whoo!! :woohoo: :wizard: :banana: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter