Ratatouille ride return accuracy...here now

MARY-IN-OH

DIS Veteran
For those who have gotten vbg for ratatouille... I got boarding group 68. At 7am site said estimated return 360 minutes which would be 1pm. When I log into mde, the time keeps updating. 214pm, 220pm, 240pm... and currently it's 845am. Park isn't even open yet.

We're driving home today. Was hoping to leave park around 2pm. Will the return time keep showing later? I'd love for it to show 11 or 12. Could it? I realize the ride could go down, but assuming it doesn't, just wondering how your experience is with actual return time accuracy. Thanks

Those with a BG have been finding this all along as more and more ILL$ sell, the BG time gets pushed back.

Wait.. does estimated callback and wait time mean something else?
No, it means what it says. It's the estimated time that your BG will be called but, it's fluid and changes often based on how many ILL$ are purchased and, how the ride is performing.

Interesting. We are here now and on our 2nd Epcot day. On Wednesday we had a boarding group of 23 I think it was? Sorry I can't remember what our estimated return call time was, but I can tell you it was over an hour earlier than estimated when we were called to board. Today we had boarding group 9 with an estimated call back time of 10:45am and we received our call back at 9:46am to arrive by 10:46am while were waiting in line for Test Track. We just made it in time, although I'd like to think they would have let us in if we had been delayed a bit longer. Maybe because I snagged low number boarding groups we had the opposite effect?

Wait.. does estimated callback and wait time mean something else?

Estimated callback and wait time are different things. When you obtain a boarding group, you receive an estimate of what time your boarding group will be called. You are given an hour window from the time you are called to arrive. Once you arrive, from that point your estimated wait will be 15 min. *The 15 min wait time was accurate for us on both days.

We waited about 30 minutes for ours the other night. We did enter after it expired, into the next hour, 10 BGs.

So if I miss my group and am over an hour late I might be turned away
So if one were to obtain a low group you might loose some of the low wait time morning hours

We were there the middle of October. Once got boarding group 57, called around 2. Second time got group 23, called around 11:30. Both times our wait in line was around 30 minutes.

So if I miss my group and am over an hour late I might be turned away
So if one were to obtain a low group you might loose some of the low wait time morning hours
No, you can show up late. We had BG 88, and it let us in when the BGs were in the mid-90s or higher. We didn’t have to provide any explanation either. It just turned green. You just can’t show up early.

For those there now have the boarding groups been difficult to get?
We only tried one day at 7am on the day before Thanksgiving. We got 88.

I wonder how late they will let you be? We are staying at BCV and have Epcot res on our check in day. Not sure exactly what time we will get there, but it'll be afternoon sometime. I'm probably going to go ahead and try to get a bg that day, but if I get an early one, I'm wondering if we show up hours late they'll still let us on.

I wonder how late they will let you be? We are staying at BCV and have Epcot res on our check in day. Not sure exactly what time we will get there, but it'll be afternoon sometime. I'm probably going to go ahead and try to get a bg that day, but if I get an early one, I'm wondering if we show up hours late they'll still let us on.
The CM was saying BG such and such and earlier without specifying any other number but the highest one boarding. I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s in the system/tapstile; I don’t think the CMs are involved at all. Worse thing that happens is that you might have to beg a little.

I booked a boarding group at 7:00 am on check in day and didn’t even get to the parks until 7:00 pm, let us right in, just said they couldn’t accommodate early entry but late was fine. I think our boarding group was supposed to be at 10:30 am. We waited about 30 mins to ride.

I got group 90 at 7:00 a.m. on the dot. The original redicted wait time/return time was much earlier, but we were called at about 5:30 while we were watching the Candlelight Processional. The app said that we had until 6:30 p.m. to return, which we did.

We waited in line about 30 minutes to get on the ride.

For those there now have the boarding groups been difficult to get?

In my case boarding groups for Remy were not difficult to get, unlike ROR last year which was equatable to a nightmare. But I was up in time, had my travel party set ahead of time, refreshed calmly through 6:59 until the clock struck 7, then quickly tapped through the confirmation and received very early boarding groups on both of our days this past week. Perhaps I had some pixie dust sprinkled in because the process was seamless for me this year.

We were there the first week Genie + came out. We did Remy on 3 different days with the VQ.
Day 1 estimated time 2 pm, actual 3:30 in line.
Day 2 estimated 10:30, in line 10:30.
Day 3 estimated 1 pm, in line 2 pm.
Honestly, felt their estimates were not too far off, but expect them to be later rather than earlier.

"Called" ????

Our estimated return time was something like noon. We weren't sure how it worked and showed up 40 minutes or so early. Got there to see our boarding pass had already gone in .... so they were what an hour ahead of time. Never got any kind of notification?? How were they to notify me?

Agree with show up early and see where they are. You may be able to get in earlier than you expect. the worst is they will make you wait.

MDE app should notify you when your BG is about to be called if you have notifications turned on. You can also check the progress in MDE about which groups they are calling.

we also noticed that if the ride went down the BG return times adjusted automatically. It’s not perfect but you want an early BG as possible.

While not recommended I had BG 12 in Oct and we showed up at 12:30 when our BG was called at 10:15am.they were boarding BG 90-105 or something like that. CMs said do t worry about it and just told us to notify the CMs at the tapping point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter