• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ranking the Club Levels

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
I've decided way in advance that for my next trip, I will be splurging on club level. But where???

What are your personal favorite club levels and why?

Food, decor, room perks, concierge service, convenience of access...what say you, Disboards?

I’m interested too. Thanks for starting.

We’d like to try CL one of these trips… so far the most frequent positive feedbacks I’ve come across were AK and the new Gran Destino but I didn’t follow too closely.

My comments below are strictly based on pre-Covid conditions - who knows what Club Level will be like upon it's return.

AKL- some of the best cast members I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Every single cast member was so friendly and accommodating. We checked in around 11 am and our room wasn't ready until around 4 pm. The entire time in the lounge (it was pretty empty), they were so attentive, refilling our drinks without asking, asking if we needed or wanted anything, and just chatting with us while we waiting. From the moment we stepped off the Magical Express, it was an amazing experience. The food was great! The only downsides are that there are no spectacular views from the actual club level lounge (aside from the view of the lobby!), and our room was not on the same floor as the lounge.

Poly - amazing views from the club level lounge, the two story glass window with views of the castle and fireworks was amazing! Again, our room was not on the same floor as the lounge, but the buildings only have three floors so it was just a quick flight of stairs. I found the adult beverage selection to be one of my favorites out of all the club levels!

Boardwalk - honestly, I really dislike the theming of the lounge, but the cast members here were amazing! I remember that this lounge, more so than the others, was always full of dirty dishes left on tables.

Wilderness Lodge - best food ever! Definitely my favorite food out of all of the club levels. The beer on tap is awesome, not sure if it will return when club level reopens. One thing to note, several of the club level rooms are right above a service area, and when I was there, there were always service trucks that were very loud, starting VERY early in the morning. There are rooms on the other side of the hallway, but just something to note.

Contemporary - amazing views (obviously!). I recall this club level lounge feeling very stuffy and "corporate." Personally, I found nothing special in terms of food or atmosphere.

My comments below are strictly based on pre-Covid conditions - who knows what Club Level will be like upon it's return.

AKL- some of the best cast members I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Every single cast member was so friendly and accommodating. We checked in around 11 am and our room wasn't ready until around 4 pm. The entire time in the lounge (it was pretty empty), they were so attentive, refilling our drinks without asking, asking if we needed or wanted anything, and just chatting with us while we waiting. From the moment we stepped off the Magical Express, it was an amazing experience. The food was great! The only downsides are that there are no spectacular views from the actual club level lounge (aside from the view of the lobby!), and our room was not on the same floor as the lounge.

Poly - amazing views from the club level lounge, the two story glass window with views of the castle and fireworks was amazing! Again, our room was not on the same floor as the lounge, but the buildings only have three floors so it was just a quick flight of stairs. I found the adult beverage selection to be one of my favorites out of all the club levels!

Boardwalk - honestly, I really dislike the theming of the lounge, but the cast members here were amazing! I remember that this lounge, more so than the others, was always full of dirty dishes left on tables.

Wilderness Lodge - best food ever! Definitely my favorite food out of all of the club levels. The beer on tap is awesome, not sure if it will return when club level reopens. One thing to note, several of the club level rooms are right above a service area, and when I was there, there were always service trucks that were very loud, starting VERY early in the morning. There are rooms on the other side of the hallway, but just something to note.

Contemporary - amazing views (obviously!). I recall this club level lounge feeling very stuffy and "corporate." Personally, I found nothing special in terms of food or atmosphere.
Thank you! I hadn’t even considered Wilderness.

We’ve done Contemporary (both levels), Boardwalk, and Grand Floridian (outer building). I liked the Contemporary the best (however I like the resort the least lol). The food there was a good variety and the staff was awesome. You also can’t beat the firework views.

Boardwalk was my least favorite in terms of food and atmosphere (one of my favorite resorts though). We went right before Covid so it was our most recent stay. They had a hot action station that was the most substantial food offering. The self serve items were super limited and the lounge is very small. There were never tables available when we went so we couldn’t sit down. We’d have to take things back to our room but that meant carrying glasses and plates. A staff member was nice enough to get us a service tray, but she was like digging it out of the back. Clearly this wasn’t something that had handled before which I thought was strange considering there was no seating on multiple days. This lounge also had very short hours.

Grand Floridian (outer building) had the most food. It was also the most busy and felt the least “exclusive”, but it had plenty of seating and tons of food options. The room location wasn’t the best for the monorail, but it was great for the boat and buses. We also got a good deal on this stay because I think the outer building isn’t as desirable as the main building. I’d stay here again.

We’ve never stayed CL at Wilderness Lodge, but that is probably my next stay. I love everything about WL so CL can only make it better!!

Last edited:

We’ve done Contemporary (both levels), Boardwalk, and Grand Floridian (outer building). I liked the Contemporary the best (however I like the resort the least lol). The food there was a good variety and the staff was awesome. You also can’t beat the firework views.

Boardwalk was my least favorite in terms of food and atmosphere (one of my favorite resorts though). We went right before Covid so it was our most recent stay. They had a hot action station that was the most substantial food offering. The self serve items were super limited and the lounge is very small. There were never tables available when we went so we couldn’t sit down. We’d have to take things back to our room but that meant carrying glasses and plates. A staff member was nice enough to get us a service tray, but she was like digging it out of the back. Clearly this wasn’t something that had handled before which I thought was strange considering there was no seating on multiple days. This lounge also had very short hours.

Grand Floridian (outer building) had the most food. It was also the most busy and felt the least “exclusive”, but it had plenty of seating and tons of food options. The room location wasn’t the best for the monorail, but it was great for the boat and buses. We also got a good deal on this stay because I think the outer building isn’t as desirable as the main building. I’d stay here again.

We’ve never stayed CL at Wilderness Lodge, but that is probably my next stay. I love everything about WL so CL can only make it better!!

just curious as to what the attraction of WL is in general. For me, it’s always been inconvenient in that if I want to stay that close to MK, why not stay at a monorail resort.

just curious as to what the attraction of WL is in general. For me, it’s always been inconvenient in that if I want to stay that close to MK, why not stay at a monorail resort.

I love the theming. The trees and the water are beautiful. I like Whispering Canyon and Geyser Point is one of the best bars on property. I also love the boat access to Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End (if it comes back 🤞). Not to mention the boat to Contemporary so it’s easy to dine there. The regular rooms have just been refurbished so it’ll be all brand new. Copper Creek rooms are also nice. It also tends to be a little cheaper, but has a lot of the same MK perks (easy transportation, electric water pageant).

Honestly, the monorail just doesn’t do it for me anymore lol. When I was a kid I thought it was great, but as an adult I like the resorts that have boat or walking options. The monorail was not running several times on our last trip. The one to Epcot broke down several times after we had already waited. I just don’t think it’s the best transportation option anymore and I actually prefer the boat from WL to MK!

I love the theming. The trees and the water are beautiful. I like Whispering Canyon and Geyser Point is one of the best bars on property. I also love the boat access to Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End (if it comes back 🤞). Not to mention the boat to Contemporary so it’s easy to dine there. The regular rooms have just been refurbished so it’ll be all brand new. Copper Creek rooms are also nice. It also tends to be a little cheaper, but has a lot of the same MK perks (easy transportation, electric water pageant).

Honestly, the monorail just doesn’t do it for me anymore lol. When I was a kid I thought it was great, but as an adult I like the resorts that have boat or walking options. The monorail was not running several times on our last trip. The one to Epcot broke down several times after we had already waited. I just don’t think it’s the best transportation option anymore and I actually prefer the boat from WL to MK!
Thank you! I am definitely considering.

My favorite is RPC at the GF, but it is so expensive that we usually don't stay here anymore. What I loved about it was sitting in the lounge, listening to the band every evening and enjoying my snacks/drinks. Plus they served an afternoon tea, so I felt like I got more than just a few light bites in the afternoon. I love the ease of getting to the MK and the views are amazing.

Our new favorite was the YC because they definitely stepped up the game with the food and the CMs were very helpful. We love the YC as a resort and knew many of the staff and they remembered us from trip to trip. We like being close to 2 parks that we went to the most. The last time we were there, the manager was walking around and asking for opinions about the food offerings.

Others we have stayed at:

AKL - the food was great, CMs were great, amazing views of the animals, and the perfect place for my family to spend a non-park vacation. I heard so many parents complaining that their kids didn't want to leave for the parks. :)

Contemporary - first Disney trip with my son, so it was special and the CMs went out of their way to make him happy. My son loved this place, I thought it was just okay

Poly - my family didn't like this place. I have a picky child and he didn't like many of the food offerings. We were also there in the winter time and it was cold and the pool was closed. They did have more substantial snacks in the middle of the day, but they didn't change so after a few days, we were over them.

we have done poly and AKL. both are amazing! I felt AKL lounge was a bit in the smaller side. The food and cm were all wonderful though. Poly has amazing views and coffee! Both resorts are also amazing, so you really cannot go wrong. I would suggest waiting a few months for club level to be more normal though. I chatted with a cast member that said they are limiting capacity, so you could pay all that money and not be able to sit in the lounge!

We will be staying at Contemporary CL for the first time in January. Never stayed In any other CL. I hope we are not disappointed. I am a little nervous if I made the right decision Since husband is letting me do all the planning.

Our favorite CLs were GF and BWI, pre pandemic.

GF had the best quality and quantity of food of all the concierge levels we’ve stayed at. Unfortunately, the hot beverage station was a bit crowded and hopefully management has taken the down time to change the traffic pattern. The only other concern we had was that the aperitif station was manned which I believe was to keep costs down, LOL. One day the man was ill and I had to make two trips to get his brandy.
When we stayed at the SugarLoaf you had to walk over to the main building to pick up packages and such.
I know, I know, first world problems but err then they have no problems charging first world prices for the pleasure 🤐.
The staff was quite professional but a tad too formal for our taste. Hello, this is not V&A.

BWI had excellent food and much of it came courtesy of Flying Fish‘s cooking staff. The CMs were also professional but warmer in little but important ways. Remembering the names of guests and special occasions. We’ve decided the BWI is the best bang for our buck.

We also decided that Poly had the worst food of any of the CLs we’ve been at (never been to AK, WL, or BC). Truly uninspiring ( chicken nuggets EVERY night) although the space was as beautiful as the rest of the resort and certainly on theme.

The other CLs we stayed at were OK but not really memorable once we made up our minds.

Last edited:

Poly was our favorite of the few club levels we have experienced for the reason stated above about the views. It was our first and only time at that resort so far and we loved the Hawaii building and the grounds and the short walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. Also the electrical water pageant.

I've decided way in advance that for my next trip, I will be splurging on club level. But where???

What are your personal favorite club levels and why?

Food, decor, room perks, concierge service, convenience of access...what say you, Disboards?
If you're able to wait to make your final decision until trip reports start coming in, that would be helpful, as the reopened club level experience is likely to differ in some ways (at least in terms of staff, after all of the employment disruption) from the old experience. That said, I've stayed club level at Beach Club and Contemporary within the past few years, and I've described my experiences below.

Beach Club: Warm and welcoming Club Level reception staffers greeted us and helped as needed. When I lost my purple magic band, they cheerfully replaced it with an identical one right away. They also helped me figure out how to use the Minnie Van service, which I had never used before. The Club Level floor at Beach Club was particularly attractive and peaceful: enjoyed walking through it to and from our room, which was perfectly appointed. The lounge staff was helpful and available, but unobtrusive. The lounge offerings were good, and a perfect complement to our resort-focused days of swimming. The lounge was peaceful and we never had difficulty getting seating. There is a nice balcony outside the lounge that my son would hang out at occasionally, especially during afternoon thunderstorms.

Contemporary: The Atrium Club Level reception staffers here were more aloof and less warmly welcoming, but not rude or problematic in any way. The Bay-side room was nice (identical to the Garden Wing room we'd had in a previous visit), except that I could faintly hear monorail announcements in our room all through the evening, past midnight. We got a nice set of monorail-themed chocolates in our room. The view from the lounge was great, and again, it was a peaceful lounge with nice food offerings.

If you're able to wait to make your final decision until trip reports start coming in, that would be helpful, as the reopened club level experience is likely to differ in some ways (at least in terms of staff, after all of the employment disruption) from the old experience. That said, I've stayed club level at Beach Club and Contemporary within the past few years, and I've described my experiences below.

Beach Club: Warm and welcoming Club Level reception staffers greeted us and helped as needed. When I lost my purple magic band, they cheerfully replaced it with an identical one right away. They also helped me figure out how to use the Minnie Van service, which I had never used before. The Club Level floor at Beach Club was particularly attractive and peaceful: enjoyed walking through it to and from our room, which was perfectly appointed. The lounge staff was helpful and available, but unobtrusive. The lounge offerings were good, and a perfect complement to our resort-focused days of swimming. The lounge was peaceful and we never had difficulty getting seating. There is a nice balcony outside the lounge that my son would hang out at occasionally, especially during afternoon thunderstorms.

Contemporary: The Atrium Club Level reception staffers here were more aloof and less warmly welcoming, but not rude or problematic in any way. The Bay-side room was nice (identical to the Garden Wing room we'd had in a previous visit), except that I could faintly hear monorail announcements in our room all through the evening, past midnight. We got a nice set of monorail-themed chocolates in our room. The view from the lounge was great, and again, it was a peaceful lounge with nice food offerings.
Thanks! Great stuff!

BWI CL will always have my heart, partially because they upgraded us to the Sonora Suite and I spent four days crying and hugging everyone and feeling so grateful! But also because the food offerings were phenomenal. I am a fancy food person and they did not disappoint. Downside to this resort is the clown pool.

BC was our first CL experience and we loved it enough to always splurge on CL after that.

CR was a surprise favorite for me. Loved the staff here and the food was great for kids (nothing overly fancy). Favorite part was being able to access the lounge at any time and they keep a fridge stocked with drinks you can grab after hours.

I do think the staff can really make or break a CL experience, even if it’s just a one time splurge.

I've been to 2 and found Gran Destino way better (and way cheaper) than Boardwalk.

BW was stuffy while GDT is a wide open space with floor to ceiling windows on the 14th floor. The view alone is worth it. Staff was awesome too.

Those are the only ones I know.

Last edited:
Pre Pandemic
#1 GF RPC. Doesn’t come close to others. Breakfast, afternoon tea, evening service. So much food, and it’s all good. Huge variety. Even mid day they have food.

#2 AKL. Really enjoyed their CL, and liked they had afternoon tea service too! When we stayed they had a Sunrise Safari you could book for AKL. Just for their CL guests. It was amazing. The highlight of our trip. Sadly its been discontinued.

The only other CL I did was BC. The staff was great, I enjoyed it but had less offerings. Only morning and evening food service. Afternoon all you got was candy and chips. And because we always have afternoon breaks at the resort it’s nice to have something in the CL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter