Rank your disney hotels!

expeditioneverestgrl

DIS Veteran
This thread is on the Disney resorts category but I wanted to bring it to this category. Everyone rank the Disney hotels you have been at!
Here is mine:
1. Contemporary (stayed here twice in a row and love the view and the monorail)
2. Port Orleans riverside (loved the slide, I was about eight years old)
3. AoA (liked the colorful lobby and animation)
4. Saratoga Springs (don't really remember everything because I was little in age.
5. Coronado springs (I was just a baby)

Resorts are my one of my favorite aspects of wdw, so I think this thread is excellent. This is so hard though. There are some that I acknowledge as "better" that I don't like as much (GF vs. WL for instance)

Which is best
Polynesian > Grand Floridian > Contemporary > AKL > Yacht Club > Boardwalk > Wilderness Lodge > AoA > All Star Sports

My personal preference
Polynesian > Wilderness Lodge > Contemporary > GF > YC >BW > AKL > AoA > All star Sports

They all have things I like about them though. And I could talk myself into ranking them completely differently without much difficulty. I do feel bad about ranking YC so low, but it needs a bit of TLC.

EDIT: I forgot the pools. Moved YC up.

1-Polynesian-it's seriously like home for me
2-Animal Kingdom Lodge/grand Floridian-I was little when I stayed there, but it was fun and my mom still talks about it.
3-Port Orleans Riverside-The main building smells like the Haunted Mansion, in case you didn't know
4-Old key West

1. Polynesian (gorgeous. Like being in Hawaii. Perfection. We've stayed there twice and had a castle view both times)
2. Grand Flo (tied for 2nd. So fancy. Looooooove. We've stayed there once and got upgraded to a MK view and ugh it was amazing. We don't want to stay there again bc there's no way it can live up to the first time we stayed there)
2. Contemporary (tied for 2nd. Stayed there twice. Modern and amazing. Best food.)
3. Coronado
4. Caribbean Beach
5. PO Riverside
6. POP Century
7. All Star

I think those are all the resorts I've stayed at...
I just love the monorail resorts

1. Polynesian (gorgeous. Like being in Hawaii. Perfection. We've stayed there twice and had a castle view both times) 2. Grand Flo (tied for 2nd. So fancy. Looooooove. We've stayed there once and got upgraded to a MK view and ugh it was amazing. We don't want to stay there again bc there's no way it can live up to the first time we stayed there) 2. Contemporary (tied for 2nd. Stayed there twice. Modern and amazing. Best food.) 3. Coronado 4. Caribbean Beach 5. PO Riverside 6. POP Century 7. All Star I think those are all the resorts I've stayed at... I just love the monorail resorts

Omg I love the monorail resorts too. When we stayed at AoA in November, we took a bus from HS to Contemporary, ate there bc we missed it so much, after we ate, took the monorail to MK, then went back to AoA. That was an amazing day :)

Mine would be:
1. Old Key West
2. Wilderness Lodge Villas
3. Beach Club Villas
4. Coronado Springs
5. Port Orleans French Quarter
6. Polynesian
7. Saratoga Springs
8. Port Orleans Riverside ( Dixie Landings)
9. Caribbean
10.Bay Lake Tower
11. Animal Kingdom
12. Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
13. Art Of Animation
14. All Star Resort ( Music, Movies)

I have stayed at all of these throughout the years.:)

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Grand Californian
3. Caribbean Beach
4. French Quarter (I was five so I don't remember it.)

1. AK Lodge
2. OKW
3. POR
4. Saratoga Springs
5. Beach Club
6. CBR

Love the Poly, but have never actually stayed there, we just eat there. Would love to stay there and the Contemporary some time soon!

Top 3 favs:

1. Grand Floridian- It's so fancy and beautiful and perfect and asjdfhlkjahlkfflllkk. I love how there's a Basin right inside of it! And I love the strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare. It's right on the monorail and it's theming is on point. There's literally no flaw to the Grand Floridian.

2. Contemporary- The Contemporary was so much fun when I stayed there. I loved Chef Mickeys and the pool! The rooms are kind of small, but that's okay because the theme park view is phenomenal and you can walk on over to the Magic Kingdom.

3. Boardwalk- The Boardwalk is literally so gorgeous and preppy. Even though it's kind of far from some of the parks, it's almost like it's surrounded by a park itself because the Disney Boardwalk is full of things to do. I just want to wake up early one morning in like June or July and get dressed and go downstairs and eat a pastry from the Boardwalk Bakery with a nice mug of coffee and sit outside and stare at the water. Sigh.

Rest of the resorts:
4. Polynesian
5. Beach Club/Yacht Club
6. French Quarter
7. Riverside
8. Coronado Springs
9. Caribbean Beach
10. Animal Kingdom
11. Wilderness
12. Dolphin/Swag
13. POP/AoA
14. All-Stars

I ranked mine on a scale from 1-10

POR-I stayed here when I was super little and I wouldn't even remember staying here unless my mom told me. So I can't really rank this one.

SSR-This ones ok. My family stays here a lot because it's our home resort. Good atmosphere and activties, but it is really big and depending on where in the resort you stay, it's far from things. Rank-7

OKW-I vaguely remember this one. My mom tries to stay here whenever we go but lately, we haven't been able to. But based on what I do remember, I'd rank this a 7 or 8.

BW-This is my second favorite resort. I've only stayed here 2 or 3 times, but I still like it, especially the actual boardwalk. Rank-8 3/4

AKL-I literally stayed here 1 1/2 days. But based on that, it had a gorgeous atmosphere, but it smelled like animal butt. Rank-7

BLT-I also literally stayed here for about 1 1/2 days. It wasn't really what I thought it would be like. I liked the top of the world lounge to see fireworks though and how it's walking distance from MK. Rank-6 1/2

Beach Club-I think I stayed here once or twice when I was like 7 or 8, but I still remember some of it and I think I liked it. I went there on my last trip to Beaches and Cream and it looked like a great place. Rank-7 3/4

VWL-Amazing! Great atmosphere and a lot of things to do there. Rank-9

That's it :)

Edit: This is solely based on where I've stayed. Based on overall, it would have to be the Grand Floridian and the Poly.

1. Old Key West
2. Beach Club
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo & Kidani)
4. Bay Lake Tower
5. Polynesian
6. Contemporary
7. Fort Wilderness Resort
8. Caribbean Beach
9. Wilderness Lodge
10. Coronado Springs
11. Art of Animation
12. All Star Movies

1. Polynesian
2. Pop Century
3. Grand Floridian
4. All-Star Sports (Haven't gone yet, but I'm not expecting much)

I have stayed at all the dvc hotels and these are my top 5
1. Grand Floridian
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge
3. Beach Club
4. Bay Lake Tower
5. Boardwalk
And Grand California is the best in Disneyland!

1. Port Orleans riverside

2. Caribbean Beach

3. Wilderness lodge

my daughter is writing this:

1. Port Orleans Riverside (love it)
2. Port Orleans French Corders (never been but my cousin has. I LOVE beignets:cool1:
3. Coranado Springs (going this fall!:))
4. Animal Kingdom Lodge:beach:

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Polynesian
3. Wilderness Lodge
4. Port Orleans Riverside/Dixie Landings
5. Saratoga Springs
6. Coronado Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter