• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random Questions

When to schedule 4yo makeover at Laniwai (when not swimming)

• Early in the day! Let her feel like a princess all day!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Later in the afternoon, keep her pristine for the photos

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • After lunch, split the difference and hope for the best

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

mickeyvacationdreamer

Earning My Ears
Currently planning a first-time trip to Aulani and beyond excited!

For Aunty's Beach House: is there a penalty if my kiddos don't go to their assigned free program? I signed up my kiddos for kids club (the free version) but they are, lets say, whimsical :) so they may decide last-minute they'd rather hang with us.

What's more worth it - Character Breakfast or Character Dinner?

Also, a poll :D 4yo Toddler dress-up at Laniwai- When would you schedule it on a non-swim day? We want the cuteness to last until sunset photos, aaaand we want her to enjoy her makeover for as long as possible as well.

Ahh, vacation dreaming.... <3

There is only a character breakfast. They discontinued character dinners post-COVID.

Currently planning a first-time trip to Aulani and beyond excited!

For Aunty's Beach House: is there a penalty if my kiddos don't go to their assigned free program? I signed up my kiddos for kids club (the free version) but they are, lets say, whimsical :) so they may decide last-minute they'd rather hang with us.

What's more worth it - Character Breakfast or Character Dinner?

Also, a poll :D 4yo Toddler dress-up at Laniwai- When would you schedule it on a non-swim day? We want the cuteness to last until sunset photos, aaaand we want her to enjoy her makeover for as long as possible as well.

Ahh, vacation dreaming.... <3
There is limited space at Auntys… so IMO it is poor form to take a spot from another family if you are not going to use it.

There is limited space at Auntys… so IMO it is poor form to take a spot from another family if you are not going to use it.
We booked kids club activities for each day and then we cancel the evening before the day the kids wanted to skip (ours are older)— I understood from kids club staff that they have waiting list and can make other families happy off the waitlist if you let them know even a few hours in advance.

Yeah, I don’t think there is a penalty- they have created this ludicrous system so I would not feel compelled to follow them. But when you are sure, I would prob let them know just to benefit other families. I let them know when I decided not to go to the reservations I had made - not for them, but for other families.

I think the post makeover pictures are nice. Moana does still come after the makeover for photos (I hope)? The beach pictures are magic hour/ sunset so it’s pretty late in the day to wait in order to keep up a look for a little one.

Only aware of the character breakfast.

Yeah, I don’t think there is a penalty- they have created this ludicrous system so I would not feel compelled to follow them. But when you are sure, I would prob let them know just to benefit other families. I let them know when I decided not to go to the reservations I had made - not for them, but for other families.

I think the post makeover pictures are nice. Moana does still come after the makeover for photos (I hope)? The beach pictures are magic hour/ sunset so it’s pretty late in the day to wait in order to keep up a look for a little one.

Only aware of the character breakfast.
I agree— cancel for the sake of the other families who expected Disney to provide enough childcare for them.

Thank you all so much! I have a 4yo and 6yo so it's hard to know what will do an hour from now (nvm what they want to do 3 months from now) and for sure, if we don't end up using the kids club during our time slot, we will cancel for the sake of other families!! Glad to hear that the kiddos can decide even a few hours ahead of time if they want to cancel.

Good to know re: only character breakfast. Makes the decision easy then ^^

Still torn on the make-over time. This might be the hardest decision I will need to make on this vacation :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter