Random acts of pixie dust

DisneyMom111

Disney junky
I would love to hear stories of how people received some random acts of pixie dust while at WDW! When we were there in November my 15 year old son and I went to Storybook Treats to get an ice cream sundae. The cast member asked my son if he wanted to play a game. He asked him trivia questions based on Disney Movies and when he got them all right, he gave us our ice cream "on the house". It was such a fun surprise, especially for my "big kid". Something that simple made our day. :banana:

I would love to hear stories of how people received some random acts of pixie dust while at WDW! When we were there in November my 15 year old son and I went to Storybook Treats to get an ice cream sundae. The cast member asked my son if he wanted to play a game. He asked him trivia questions based on Disney Movies and when he got them all right, he gave us our ice cream "on the house". It was such a fun surprise, especially for my "big kid". Something that simple made our day. :banana:

Are you sure it wasn't, "on the MOUSE?"

On our last visit - we got handed a paper fastpass getting off Splash Mountain because the ride stopped a TON of times for quite some time- I'm not sure what the problem was. Anyway- I proposed to my (now) wife that night at dinner and we got "Just Engaged" buttons. Everytime we used that paper fastpass for the remainder of the evening - it got handed back to us. We probably got in 5 or 6 rides from that one pass. That's a lot of pixie dust, in my opinion!

My fiancee and I booked a post engagement 5-night stay at Caribbean Beach resort back in early July 2014 to scout wedding locations for our upcoming Disney wedding. Our first evening there we went over to the pool and it was overrun with teenagers that were creating all kinds of havoc and even had security following them around. Ultimately we had to leave the pool area completely due to their behavior. That night, there were additional incidents with kids that were apparently part of a tour group making a ton of noise outside the room which led to a very poor nights sleep.

The next morning we went up to the main desk to just request to be moved to a quieter area of the resort due to the issues from the prior day. The CM that assisted us asked what our plans were and when we told her why we were there she offered to transfer us to another resort if there was any particular area of the property that our scouting was centered around. When we told her we were looking at the Boardwalk area for our wedding and reception she left to find out what she could do and returned about 10 minutes later to tell us that she had arranged a club level room at the Yacht Club for the remainder of our stay. Not only was in an amazing bit of pixie dust it was perfect for helping us get a great feel of that area and we will be returning this June to get married at Seabreeze Point with a reception at The Attic.

Needless to say, it was an amazing, amazing thing for Disney to do and we're very grateful to them for making our trip (which would have been great anyways) exceptional.

We've had a few during our last trips to DW and DL!!!

Disneyland: When we went last year they had yet to roll out FP+ and were still on the paper FP system. They have random kiosks throughout the park to check wait times, etc. We went to one to check for the new Cars ride, which had no more FP's left for the day, and the wait was CRAZY LONG. We kept putting it off HOPING the wait would drop. We only had until 8pm at the park before having to head to the airport for our flight home (and it was summer, so it was BEYOND CROWDED). We asked the wait time, thanked the lady, and then went off to the side to talk, unaware she was listening to us. We basically had to make a choice: Go on a few more rides or wait for the Cars ride, which at one point dipped to 120 minutes, which was the lowest we've seen all day, but that would be IT. The only ride we would get to do before we'd have to leave. So to make an already long story short, the lady came up to us and handed us one of those readmission FP tickets to the ride!!!! We got to go on so much more (including the Cars ride with basically no wait) thanks to this cast member! It was so random and nice of her! Definitely a HUGE surprise!

Disney World: This happened this past September... We rented a cabana at Blizzard Beach and our attendant went to get us a snack and then would NOT take money from us! She said it was "on Mickey." Then, when checking out of AKL, we were renting points for our stay and there was a problem with the reservation, which made check in take FOREVER. We also added housekeeping (for $30 per day). So when it was time to check out, I went to give cash and the lady would NOT take it. I basically said no, I should owe this! She said when they rebooked our reservation they still deducted the points from the owner, but rebooked it as a "regular" resort reservation, so housekeeping became included. She basically said she doesn't know otherwise, smiled, and told us to have a nice day!! It was definitely a nice little chunk we were not expecting to still have!

This past December was supposed to be our first stroller-free trip. Our first night we went to the MVMCP and the kids (4 & 6) did great. But the next day they were so tired. My little one was just being miserable to I told my stubborn husband that sticking to the no stroller was sucking the fun out of the trip. Around 2 pm I took the little one to the stroller rental to get one while my husband took our older daughter to the bathroom. I asked for a double stroller, and was chatting with the CM about what a trooper my youngest was at the party but that we were just too tired that day. When I went to pay, she said it was on Mickey, and to just get the poor girl into the stroller LOL. I was so surprised and grateful (especially as the $30 for a double stroller doesn't change regardless of what time you rent it!). My husband was less grumpy about it when he found out they comped it for us, as well as when he saw how much happier the kids were.

On my most recent visit to Disneyland Paris February 2016 I got Pixie Dusted an upgrade to Disneyland Hotel. So I decided to pay it forward during my visit :)

1. I bought a Balloon on my first night in the park, kept it in my room during my stay. On check out day, as I went back to my room after breakfast, I met a UK family staying on the same floor as me. I spoke to the mother and said I had a balloon in my room but I was checking out and couldn't bring it with me, would she like it for her little girl? She was most surprised and delighted, so as we were passing my room, she waited and I gave her the balloon.

2. While waiting for rope drop at Pirates on my second morning, a French family beside me, obviously first timers were studying the map, trying to figure it out. The mom spoke a little English , so between my basic French and her basic English, I was able to explain to them about Adventure Isle being closed and about the walkway over to Adventure land

3. During my visit I kept an ear out for English speakers and when I saw obvious first timers, looking lost and trying to figure out the map, I said hello, are you lost and gave them some directions

4. On my last day I had planned to eat in Planet Hollywood but in the morning I decided I didn't want to leave the park to eat. I had printed out a discount voucher from on-line and had it in my bag. While in the queue for Autopia, I heard an Irish family behind me, so I turned around, said hello and gave them the Planet Hollywood voucher.

Last week we rode Splash Mountain just before closing last Wednesday night (the 13th), and we were actually in the very last log of the night...and when we exited the ride, the CM by the photo wall handed each of the groups in our log an already printed photo from the ride!! It was such a nice surprise!

I got a wave from the fairy godmother at MK in the parade, she noticed my birthday badge and mouthed happy birthday

I love this stuff! I love how it can be big or small and everyone appreciates any effort by the cast members to make our trips a little more special. :love:

Best pixie dust I got was in 2006. We were eating lunch at CRT on the DDP which was two credits. When they brought my check they only charged me for 1 credit. It was our last day. It was also the day I was called and offered my current job. So we called dining and they found us an ADR at GFC for dinner to use the extra dining credits. We celebrated my new job.

April 2015, we woke up at 2:30AM to catch our flight to WDW. By 11AM we were in MK and starved. I brought the entire family, including our special guest, my mom, to Frontierland for a Turkey Leg... Cart nowhere to be found, it was moved to Tomorrowland. So I ran in the sun and arrived to the cart explaining to the CM how we were looking for a Turkey Leg in the wrong land. He asked me if this one looked good. Yes! Then said that Mickey was offering it to us. After thanking the CM (and Mickey), I ran back. The eyes of my DDs when I explained that Mickey was offering us one of their favorite meal...Full of Pixie Dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter