Ramada Inn - Westgate

disneydad861

2nd Trip to far away 21-Oct-09
Ramada Inn - Westgate on 192 right next to World dr.

Has anyone stayed here before?:confused: Im have booked two rooms here for my family and ofcourse myself. If you have stayed here please let me know what it was like. We are supposed to be staying in the "Motel part with a parking lot view". When I booked these i knew we were going to be using the rooms for showering and sleeping and most of the time we would be at the parks so i didnt care about the view. We will be staying for seven nights. Please any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

My family and I have stayed there a ton of times! It is truly one of our favourite resorts in Orlando! :thumbsup2

They have 2 pools, 1 outside and 1 inside, which is heated and has a gorgeous waterfall. They have a little area where they sell pizza and sandwiches and salads and soup. They have karoke almost every night. They also have a main restaurant, which has a yummy breakfast, but the dinner is not that great.

It's very convenient and there are a ton of restaurants and shops around it. It's very easy to get to Disney and to come home from Disney at night and during the day.

As far as the rooms go. They are quite nice. Beds are comfy and so is the shower. :) I hope you enjoy your stay!

I have been kind of worried because I have read alot mixed results about this hotel. That is a big relief because I have rented two rooms there for our stay. I am taking my family DW, DD10, DD8, DS5, and I am also taking my parents with us. I booked through priceline and I didnt know that once the reservation is made with them they will not change anything. After I booked I started to read some reports on it and most were bad but there were several good reports to. So I was scared that it night be horrible and ruin our vacation.

Anyone stayed there very recent? Am hearing that the pool indoor pool is down right now due to renovations?

You would think with this being so close to Disney World and good prices there would be alot of people staying here.:happytv: But since I have only recieved one reply I am asuuming that this is a bad thing. :scared1: It says on their web site that they are a disney good neighbor hotel. hopefully someone will see this that has stayed there recently. Thanks in advance for everyones help!!!

I have to agree!! We are only going to be staying 2 nights and it's a really good deal. I have stayed the gamit as far as hotels are concerned and honestly only encountered one that was just beyond what I could stand. So we will see. When are you going?? I will deffinately let you know if we are there before you....we will be there Dec 13, 14th.

It is o.k. as long your booked into a room not on the pool side.
They have karoke at night and might keep you awake if you have a
room facing the pool.Other then that not so bad.

Thanks for the response. That makes me feel a bit better. Doubt we'll be spending much of any time in the room anyhow....other then sleeping purposes. :)

We stayed there for the first time about 3 weeks ago! It was sooo great! We seriously have been debating on staying there over Disney hotels...it is nice and quiet and the rooms are REALLY clean! The staff is friendly and it is in the center of EVERYTHING! You will love it.

We had a wonderful time. The hotel is older. But our room was very clean, everyone was very friendly, and the pool area was great. Was honestly expecting the worse. Deffinately not a 4 star hotel, but very convienant, clean, and family friendly. We had no issue's what so ever.

We stayed there 5 nights last January. It was one of the worst hotel experiences we have had. Rooms were musty. Pool was OK. Cockroaches -- I saw one large enough to ride on the elevator. Staff is poorly trained and no one seemed to care. I witnessed one worker at the front desk hang up on a caller. They seemed to hate their jobs. I believe the hotel stays full due to it's price and proximity to the parks. It is certainly not due to their service. Don't get an inside room. You will be subject to blaring karaoke music while you are trying to sleep. Breakfast buffet left much to be desired. Sorry for the negatives, but it truly is a poor hotel.

MY family and I stayed there over Christmas break 2007. We had an inside (pool view) kidsuite. I think we were on the top or second to top floor.

Yes, its an older property. No, the staff weren't the best and the brightest. But, for the money, I thought it was the best place we'd stayed at Disney....well, except for the Poly.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub. They're old, but they were reasonably clean and there were plenty of towels. The kids loved the pool and we loved the hot tub.

The have karaoke nightly, but we didn't hear it. We stayed at the parks late every night so maybe we just missed it?

The room was a great deal for the price, and the kids absolutely loved it. And these are kids who have stayed at Nick Hotel and Poly. I think you find any place with a pool and a bunk bed and most kids will be thrilled.

We found the Buena Vista Suites that we're going to try this year, but aside from that, this Ramada would be our second choice.

Good luck with your decision!

Deffinately agree with you. It is a older property so keep that in mind. But the pool area was very nice, room was clean and had no complaints at all, and staff were very nice to us. We would deffinately stay again if doing a shorter stay. We always stay on site on the longer ones, but had a very good experience.

We stayed two nights 2 years ago - it was over the MLK holiday weekend, and All-Star Music didn't have a room for those nights (we were at ASMu for the remainder of our trip).

We arrived near midnight, and they didn't have our guaranteed non-smoking room. They put us in an 'upgraded' room which had a full kitchen, but the smoke smell from neighboring rooms was pretty overpowering.

The next morning, we had no hot water. The repair guys came and banged around a bit and we still had no hot water. They came again - more banging and they said, 'let it run for awhile and it will be hot'. We let the shower run about 40 minutes, and we did have lukewarm water every few minutes, interspersed with freezing water! We both took very quick cold showers.

The following morning, we let the shower run again forever, and took our lukewarm/cold showers before heading over to ASMu as fast as we could!

I believe this old hotel has some renovated rooms or certain areas of the hotel that are in good repair. When these rooms are filled, they move on to the old rooms. Since we arrived late, we got an old room with bad plumbing and other issues.

I also second the other comments about employees being less than helpful. The maintenance guys were nice, but ineffectual. The front desk help was abysmal! I finally ended up calling Ramada corporate and getting a refund on one night.

I'm NOT a picky person, and I usually don't even complain about a cheap hotel that has some problems (that's why their cheap!) - but for about the same price we could have had a much nicer hotel just a few miles down the road. Ramada just doesn't need to try very hard because of their location.

That said - if you arrive early and get renovated rooms, I think it is a good value. If you arrive late and get the thrashed old rooms, not good!

Stayed at the Ramada Westgate just this past weekend. We arrived at 2am on Saturday morning. I had booked 3 nights online for $41.02 plus tax. The first room we were given was on the 2nd floor of the rear buildings, but we didn't realize till we got up there that there was no elevator. We have an ECV that we have to get into the room to charge it each night, so we trek back to the lobby and and they give us an accesible room on the 6th floor of the main tower. We really don't need an accesible room, but at least we could get the ECV in the room.

The room was actually pretty nice. It overlooked 192 and we could see quite a few of the major icons over at Disney. We saw Illuminations from our room one evening.

The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant, and it was terrible!! Very bland, no selection.

Upon returning to the room about 8:30 on Saturday night, we discovered housekeeping had not been to the room at all!! The only thing we could figure is that we were assigned to the room so late, it wasn't on the housekeeping list. The other possibility is since we left the room for the day after 10am and had our DND sign up, housekeeping had already come down our hallway and did not return after we left for the day.

Other than the bad breakfast and housekeeping not showing up the first day, for the price, the room and hotel was fine. The next couple of mornings, we just stopped at McDonalds for breakfast, and housekeeping did a good job on our room.

We stay on property 99% of our Disney visits, but we decided on Friday morning to pop down for the 3 day weekend and I knew that the Disney Value resorts were all booked up. We are Passholders, so don't pay for parking.

For a full blown Disney vacation, we will always stay on property, but for a quick weekend, I would stay at the Ramada again.

Ramada Inn - Westgate on 192 right next to World dr.

Has anyone stayed here before?:confused: Im have booked two rooms here for my family and ofcourse myself. If you have stayed here please let me know what it was like. We are supposed to be staying in the "Motel part with a parking lot view". When I booked these i knew we were going to be using the rooms for showering and sleeping and most of the time we would be at the parks so i didnt care about the view. We will be staying for seven nights. Please any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Lot of people write good things about and there are some negative comments too... ANyway why don't you update now.

Just an FYI, there is a Ramada right across the street from the Westgate. That Ramada had a sign that talked about Karoake. From reading some of the reviews and after seeing the area in person, I believe two different hotels are being reviewed in this thread.

Lot of people write good things about and there are some negative comments too... ANyway why don't you update now.

Im sorry I havent been on in a while. I'm here in Iraq and things have been crazy over here. I was unable to goto Disney World this past December I got stuck here in Iraq for an xtra week. So unfortunately I do not have an update about this hotel. Sorry guys and I appreciate all of your help as always!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter