• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainforest Room prices - Fantasy

Just an FYI, I was told by a DCL cast member today that the prices on board are still $16 per day. I'm not sure where the rumor of $27 per day is coming from?:confused: I'm so confused!

Just an FYI, I was told by a DCL cast member today that the prices on board are still $16 per day. I'm not sure where the rumor of $27 per day is coming from?:confused: I'm so confused!

I'd put my faith in the folks here over a CM on the phone any day!

It isn't a rumor,it's for real.
I have taken 4 DCL cruises-2 on the Magic and two on the Fantasy,with the last one being 3/9.
I bought a one day pass for DH as a gift, as it was something he always wanted to try. I bought it online,through the DCL gifts site for $16 total.
I never gave it a thought for myself because I'm one of those never put myself first kinda people.
Well, we boarded about 11am,so we decided to mosey over to the Spa and get an official tour of the Rainforest area(didn't do it on the MV cruise).
By the time our tour was over, my husband talked me into joining him on the first sea day.
I was charged $27. Not a rumor. It's for real.
I didn't use the hot tubs because I cannot tolerate extreme heat or cold due to damage from Lyme Disease. But both hot tubs were functioning and in constant use. I used the dry heat sauna for the first time in my life,expecting to last about 30 seconds. Well, I was able to stay in the room for 20 minutes. Never sweated so much in so short a time before, but it wasn't bad being in there-there is a floor to ceiling wall window,which helped pass the time.
Then, I embarrassed myself by pressing each of the three buttons in each of the showers,jumping in and out,testing which were cold water(which I really dislike) and which were warm water. Didn't see the man standing off to the side,watching me press buttons,stick my butt in,then another button,stick my butt in......after I decided on the Tropical shower area,the man said I was better than any show he had seen on the ship so far.......but I liked the idea of showers having a different flow,lights and aromatherapy according to each environment. Made for various different experiences. Kind of a cool thing to play with......

But I truly truly truly fell in love with those tile heated loungers. If I could figure out a way to strap one to my back and walk around the ship with it, I would. There are only about 12, so you need most people to NOT be like me and hog one for over an hour. But the heat level was absolutely perfect. For someone like me,who goes to physical therapy every week because of muscle and joint issues, to have heat on my legs and back-it was just Heaven.It was never so much heat that one would sweat,but just enough to be relaxing. I was wrapped in one of the spa robes and the heat was just fine through that material. Everyone either wore a robe or put down a towel before stretching out on the lounger.The only down side was the day we picked was very stormy,so the wind was CONSTANTLY blowing the door open between the loungers and hot tubs,which was a tad annoying,but there were a few people who never woke from their nap while I was there,so it didn't bother them....

I didn't pay extra for the scrubbing salts that are used in the other steam room,but some people did and seemed fine with that experience( I overheard alot while changing in the locker room,which was neat & clean when I was there).

I'm sold on going again,although my next cruise isn't until 9/6/14-WBTA on the Magic. I'm hoping they have the same tile loungers and fun showers:cool1:( yep,2 cruises on the Magic and never went to the spa there either...).....

I just purchased 4 Rainforest passes on 5/10 and was charged $16 each. I just checked my credit card statement to be sure. I am using them on our cruise in August.

Maybe the $27 is if you purchase them on the ship, rather than in advance?

Last time I was on the Fantasy I had pre-purchase a 1 day pass through gifts and amenities for $16 and when I boarded the ship I went to the spa and upgraded to a 7 day pass.

I can't remember the exact cost but it was certainly no more than adding 6 more days at $16 per day, if that makes sense?

We are on the Wonder in a few weeks and I have again purchased a one day pass at $16 and was going to upgrade for a 7 day pass on board

Looks like I am going to be better off to call and purchase another 6 individual day passes from what I am reading here

Anyone sailed on the Wonder recently who can advise?

Perhaps the spa increase prices per day based on demand?

My girls bought me 2 one day passes for mothers day. Can I upgrade on board to get the scrub stuff?

Thanks again for all the feedback! :thumbsup2 I'm excited to be plopping myself down in one of those loungers come this weekend, and I advised all my friends coming with me to pre-pay for their Rainforest passes as well!

If you purchase them before the cruise as a gift, the RF is $16 per day. Onboard the price was $27 per day. I don't believe that you can get a 3/4 day pass online, but purchasing them ahead of time will save.
oh! thanks for sharing this, I had no idea it would be cheaper if you purchase ahead of time!

Is the price difference the same on the classic ships? We loved the Rainforest Room on the Fantasy. I am thinking of doing a day pass on the Wonder, but was hoping I could tour it first. I am worried about being disappointed after the Fantasy. Do you think I need to prepay?

I'm trying to buy a couple of day passes online, but can't figure out where to do it. Does anyone have any hints on where to look, or better yet, a link to the right place?

Thanks!!

I just called and it was very easy. Booked 4 days passes, just need your ressie number, room number and credit card. I'm told they will be in my room waiting. The number is 1-800-601-8455 and ask for the SPA RAIN Package day pass.

I'm trying to buy a couple of day passes online, but can't figure out where to do it. Does anyone have any hints on where to look, or better yet, a link to the right place?

Thanks!!

You can not order online, it is under the In room gifts. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

You can fax it in, but much easier to just call and get them.

Then, I embarrassed myself by pressing each of the three buttons in each of the showers,jumping in and out,testing which were cold water(which I really dislike) and which were warm water. Didn't see the man standing off to the side,watching me press buttons,stick my butt in,then another button,stick my butt in......after I decided on the Tropical shower area,the man said I was better than any show he had seen on the ship so far.......but I liked the idea of showers having a different flow,lights and aromatherapy according to each environment. Made for various different experiences. Kind of a cool thing to play with......

I am seriously crying I'm laughing so hard at this. One of DH and my favorite pastimes in the rainforest room on the Dream was listening to the squeals coming from the people in the showers. Why they thought people paying for a relaxing shower wanted to be deluged with ice-cold water was beyond us!

We personally like the RFR on the magic and wonder much better than on the dream (haven't sailed fantasy yet). The Dream was more crowded, the showers were hazardous to your health, and the loungers were almost always taken and even when we could get two, they were never together. Our next trip will be on the Dream and it will be the first time we won't be buying LOS RFR passes. :(

That is not a rumor. It is what we were told on the Fantasy at the Spa on the 3/23/13 cruise. If you talked to a CM at DCL's 800#, try calling two more times and see how many different answers you get. Personally, I have no reason to post something that I did not experience myself onboard. A few of us DISers on our stateroom crawl commented that we had to be sure to let people on the DIS know what we found out so they wouldn't be surprised by the price increase onboard.

I am seriously crying I'm laughing so hard at this. One of DH and my favorite pastimes in the rainforest room on the Dream was listening to the squeals coming from the people in the showers. Why they thought people paying for a relaxing shower wanted to be deluged with ice-cold water was beyond us!

So glad to see that I am not the only one. :rotfl2: Of course I had to try them, but couldn't tollerate the cold ones.

Also, I had the $16 pre-purchased day pass and was given the scrub when I went the first day. I was told to keep the container and have it refilled if needed, which I did the next day. If you are worried about not getting the scrub, you can bring one with you. I have gotten small jars of this from B&BW. It would work the same in the sauna as the one they give you on the ship.

That is not a rumor. It is what we were told on the Fantasy at the Spa on the 3/23/13 cruise. If you talked to a CM at DCL's 800#, try calling two more times and see how many different answers you get. Personally, I have no reason to post something that I did not experience myself onboard. A few of us DISers on our stateroom crawl commented that we had to be sure to let people on the DIS know what we found out so they wouldn't be surprised by the price increase onboard.

And we seriously appreciate that! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter