Rainforest Cafe Club Changes????

maggiew

DIS Veteran
I just got an email that they are changing the rainforest cafe club to a new Landry's Select club.

But it looks like they are eliminating the 10% off food OR free appetizer incentive? You get 1 point per dollar spent. Then at 250 points you get a $25 credit.

Doesn't seem like that great of a deal to me. We always used the free appetizer deal when at Disney. I would get the pita quesadillas as my meal (free appetizer) and DH got whatever he wanted. Then I would share his fries.

Maggie

I signed up online when they announced the new club a few weeks back. For me, it was a pretty good deal to sign up. I got $25 on my account for signing up, then they added another $25 because it was my birthday month :thumbsup2 That with the $15 card I got from the Groupon-like deal (can't remember which site that was!) will pay for lunch for the kids and I at Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex on our upcoming trip.

This club isn't really new... it's been around for years (we've been members). It's great cause you get $25 every year on your birthday. My husband and I each have one and enjoy a meal at one of the Landry restaurants for each of our birthdays (this year we did mine at Charthouse and his at Bubba Gump). I think you also get some priority seating or something.

I am looking forward to the change cause then the employees at Rainforest Cafe won't look at me confused when I hand them this card! :cool1:

glad you posted this, I hadn't heard that they were getting rid of the Safari club.

I also got the pita quesadillas!

Just checked out the Safari club page, and I defiitely do NOT feel that this is an "upgrade" to my membership. On the other hand, I used the Safari Club in a way that didn't really benefit them. (but I almost never used the coupons or birthday benefit b/c we just do not go that often)

But I guess "some" club is better than NO club, so I'll be migrating my membership over as they describe. Sigh.

I signed up online when they announced the new club a few weeks back. For me, it was a pretty good deal to sign up. I got $25 on my account for signing up, then they added another $25 because it was my birthday month :thumbsup2 That with the $15 card I got from the Groupon-like deal (can't remember which site that was!) will pay for lunch for the kids and I at Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex on our upcoming trip.

You don't get the $25 signup bonus if you migrate your account from the Rainforest Cafe club. Only if you pay for your new membership.

Maggie

You don't get the $25 signup bonus if you migrate your account from the Rainforest Cafe club. Only if you pay for your new membership.

Maggie

But didn't you get the bonus when you signed up for the Rainforest Club? We couldn't sign up before because they stopped allowing you to sign up online. There were no locations near us to sign up. I'm glad they are once again accepting online sign ups.

I registered on-line to switch and was told that I would receive double points on my first Landry’s Club visit. When we visited RFC they could not get the points to go onto my new Landry’s Club card. We waited over 30 minutes at RFC while the manger tried to get this resolved. He could not resolve it so he decided on his own to use my Safari Club discount. I told him I did not want the discount I wanted the points. He told me he just could not get it to work. I contacted Landry’s customer service via their website and am being told too bad, I am out of luck I will get no points. Their customer service is NEVER available by phone, I have left 3 messages and no return call. I have gotten 2 emails and requesting a Manager to get involved. My kids LOVE T-Rex when on vacation but I doubt we will be visiting any of their other locations again…too bad they do not value their customers.

I recall that you can still use "old" membership (and get free app) until April 2012. I plan to use it a RFC during upcoming Disneyland trip then probably not much afterwards.

I talked to them about it, they are dumping the safari club completely. No more 10% off food or free app. You have until the official phase out which is March 2012.

They have added 10% off in retail stores to the select club to comp you but it's not really the best comp. Also the 10% in retail stores doesn't apply to Bubba Gump's but you do earn points there.

The card doesn't have a use it once a year or lose it like the safari club but your points are only good for 12 months from the date earned. I've had my safari club for years and I'm bummed it's going away. I much prefer the 10% or free app. to the earn points but I guess all good things come to an end.

So no more free app at all - even though change over is march 2012?

No free app after the official change over. I'm sorry if I confused you.

What I mean is once you start using the Landry's Select card instead of the Safari Club the free app promo is gone. If you go to Rainforest Cafe before or up until March 2012 you still get it if you use the safari club card.

Once the card is officially gone, phased out that perk is not transferring over.

But didn't you get the bonus when you signed up for the Rainforest Club? We couldn't sign up before because they stopped allowing you to sign up online. There were no locations near us to sign up. I'm glad they are once again accepting online sign ups.

Its been so long since I signed up. But I think I paid $10 for membership and they gave me a $10 certificate??

I was just pointing out that if you MIGRATE to the Landry's Club from the Rainforest Cafe club, you don't get the $25 bonus. If you actually sign up and pay for the Landry's Club membership, then you get the $25 bonus.

Maggie

I am a member of the safari club, and I too received the email. Seeing that there are no participating restaurants within 3 hour radius of where I live, I want to try to take advantage when I go to Destin, FL on vacation. I have read that the old safari club benefits are good thru end of March 2012. Well, if I want to go to Bubba Gumps, can I show my safari club card and get the free appetizer until March 31st of next year? I forgot what the price value of the free appetizer had to be - was it under $9 or something like that?

I also wonder if they'd give me a hard time using the safari club card at Bubba Gumps. I have some old certs that were emailed to me, that I was told never expire. I would like to use them too. But it all depends on who your server is, and if they are knowledgeable or not. I've run into problems in the past at Rainforest Cafe with servers who wanted to give me grief with the paper certificates. Anybody's experience with Bubba Gump restaurant would be nice. I've never eaten there, and it looks like that would be the best choice since I have no participating locations nearby. I need to know the dollar limit of the free appetzer and if old safari club paper certs will still be accepted at a Bubba Gump store. Thanks

I am a member of the safari club, and I too received the email. Seeing that there are no participating restaurants within 3 hour radius of where I live, I want to try to take advantage when I go to Destin, FL on vacation. I have read that the old safari club benefits are good thru end of March 2012. Well, if I want to go to Bubba Gumps, can I show my safari club card and get the free appetizer until March 31st of next year? I forgot what the price value of the free appetizer had to be - was it under $9 or something like that?

I also wonder if they'd give me a hard time using the safari club card at Bubba Gumps. I have some old certs that were emailed to me, that I was told never expire. I would like to use them too. But it all depends on who your server is, and if they are knowledgeable or not. I've run into problems in the past at Rainforest Cafe with servers who wanted to give me grief with the paper certificates. Anybody's experience with Bubba Gump restaurant would be nice. I've never eaten there, and it looks like that would be the best choice since I have no participating locations nearby. I need to know the dollar limit of the free appetzer and if old safari club paper certs will still be accepted at a Bubba Gump store. Thanks

No because that perk was only ever good at the Rainforest Cafe itself. The other perks of preferred seating work at the other restaurants but not the free app or 10%. They also will not take any paper certs or coupons you have for Rainforest Cafe. You need to use those up at RC.

I liked bubba's a lot better before landry's bought them. The prices went higher and the portions got smaller and they took some of the good things off the menu. :( I was actually sad that landry's bought them. I have not gone to the one in Orlando but have been to the one in Madiera Beach a few times, their chowder is really good.

It was a complete nightmare trying to merge my accounts and it still wasn't done right. I already had a paid select club though and I think that is where the confusion is coming in so either I end up with double points on the new card but lose my old points or I get to keep using my old card, keep my points but don't get double.

The Rainforest Cafe perks were good at all Landry's restaurants. We use it all the time at Saltgrass Steak House.

Okay, the last two posters have me confused because they contradict each other. I do know that when I went to TRex in Orlando, I was able to use a cert from safari club AND get the free appetizer. So can I or can't I use the free appetizer perk at a Bubba Gumps -- and certs from old safari club before the end of March. Thanks

Okay, the last two posters have me confused because they contradict each other. I do know that when I went to TRex in Orlando, I was able to use a cert from safari club AND get the free appetizer. So can I or can't I use the free appetizer perk at a Bubba Gumps -- and certs from old safari club before the end of March. Thanks

I think the best advice I can give is to check out the FAQs on the Landrys Select Club website, it will answer all your questions, but you have to sign in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter