Rainforest Cafe at AK

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to the RC at AK lately? The Tripadvisor reviews are kind lackluster. Should we just do QS? Thanks!

We were there in November always have lunch it was just as wonderful as it had always been.

I was at the AK one for breakfast last week. Both of our meals came out cold (waffle and eggs/bacon). The server was understanding when we sent the plates back, but the replacements were only lukewarm. A man seated near us also had the same experience. Neat place, but it was disappointing food-wise for us.

I was at the AK one for breakfast last week. Both of our meals came out cold (waffle and eggs/bacon). The server was understanding when we sent the plates back, but the replacements were only lukewarm. A man seated near us also had the same experience. Neat place, but it was disappointing food-wise for us.
Same in Sept and Feb

It generally gets pretty bad reviews here too - people always suggest other AK restaurants instead, but we've eaten there a couple times and always had good food. The burgers and sandwiches are excellent - we've never tried any of their big entrée type meals.

Like T-Rex and Sci-Fi, it’s not a place you go to for the food, but for the setting and special effects. Our kids loved it when they were small but now have no interest and we haven’t been in years. (In the early days of AK it was the only place to get a table service meal). If you go, don’t get too ambitious but try to order something basic that’s hard to mess up.

December. Everything was great as always. We always do late afternoon/early dinner there. I always get a steak, a couple of the group gets that big pasta dish, a couple get the steak/shrimp combo. I love the cheesecake there. We've been going to the one at AK for many years. Started when the grandkids were 8 & 9. Now they are 20 & 21 and Rainforest is still the first request they make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter