Rain............

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
I stupidly looked on a weather website that gives you a percentage of the chance of rain based on past weather. Well our wedding date (12th September) came out at 60%! Now i know the rain isn't time based so this rain could have happened at any point in the day but I am starting to worry that I am going to have a rainy wedding day!

Our ceremony is at 2:30 at SBP, is this time doomed for rain? and if so what happens

It's really hard to say what the chances of rain are for Sept. Mostly when it does rain it is in the afternoon for a short time period, usually about 20 minutes long, and then the sun comes right back out. It usually happens around 3-4 pm. Sept. is kind of one of those iffy months where it will rain, or it won't. Unfortunately, the weather is not something you can help. BUT, I think there is LESS of a chance of it raining in Sept., no matter what your report tells you, and that is from personal experience.

We went for a week at the end of September and we only had rain 1 day. I think it can vary year to year. There are a few things that we just can't control, unfortunately weather is one of them. Afternoon is more likely than earlier in the day, so if you were really concerned, could you change the time to 10 or 12?

I also went in September and it rained on a few of the days in the afternoon around 4pm, but only for like half an hour at a time. If there is a chance of rain when your wedding is, they will move the ceremony to an indoor venue, I think someone here had theirs in St James's room at the boardwalk because of rain. You will still be able to get pictures and things outdoors though.

I had my wedding in May 2009 when it rained constantly, and it rained non-stop on my wedding day. Still had a wonderful wedding, the only part it really affected was the dp where we couldn't have our desserts outdoors at SCP.

To be honest it can rain at any time of the year. I would just make sure you are happy with your back up location so if it does rain (fingers crossed it wont!) you will be ok if the wedding gets moved inside.

like gemmy said, just make sure you are happy with your back up and do keep in mind that weather will do whatever it will. This is FL we are talking about, sunny beautiful skies tend to be the norm, but we do get downpours and the hurricane season tends to make your heart stop here and there.

For our VR in February first it was predicted to be sunny and mild, then sunny and freezing, then storming and raining buckets and mild. In the end it ended up being overcast and slightly rainy yet mild temp wise. All our venues were indoors and we had secured indoor locations we liked for anything outdoorsy so we wouldn't freak out if we were rained out.

Everything turned out fantastic and very romantic and the rain didn't cause much distress. :thumbsup2
I also stopped caring about the weather 3 days before the ceremony, I just decided it was going to be an amazing day, rain or shine and it was! Didn't even check the weather forecast from then on, I let my planner worry for me.

This let me have fun, be relaxed and enjoy.

I usually go in Dec. & was married on Jan. 4. The weather was nice around 71 with a bit of overcast. The day turned out great and after we did pics at Animal Kingdom Lodge and were heading to the reception at my parents rented house the car was soaked. So it had poured within the 20 mins that we finished the pics outside and then went into the room to grab some things. Just never know about the weather. :confused3

Weather in Florida is fickle. We mostly have sunshine constantly, but if it does rain, this will be the case: 30-45 minutes of rain, followed by a cloudless sky. Occasionally we'll get days like this where it just won't stop being cloudy :sad2:

So, your chances of it raining during your entire wedding are slim to none. Especially inland, where the storms have already broken up and dissipated.

And anyway, it'll be a lovely celebration of friends and family. Don't let just the possibility of bad weather.. uhh... rain on your parade :)
:rotfl2:

We usually holiday in Orlando around that time of year and the days have generally been great, if it rains it's usually later in the day. Last year it did rain but only for a short time and always at 5pm (seriously you could set your watch by it).
You should be ok at 2:30pm but set up a back up plan and then try not to worry about it too much, this one is out of your hands

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter