Quick service meals minus fries?

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
First disney trip in quite a few years coming up. I see they now have mobile ordering for quick service but I don't see an option for ordering a burger or chicken nuggets for example without the fries/side. My mom is a light eater so she used to order something without the side and they'd take a couple dollars off, even though it wasn't listed as an option on the menu board. Is this no longer an option? Or do we need to place an order at the actual restaurant for this option rather than using mobile ordering? We are paying out of pocket for meals (no dining plan).

Hmm well sometimes I’ll substitute something for fries. But I don’t know if you can not get them and be cheaper. I do order from the kids menu a lot. This is a good way to get say a smaller burger which also has a smaller order of fries. Cheaper this way and if you don’t want to eat much, a good way to order.
I get kids meals like every other meal at Disney. Fills me up enough.

First disney trip in quite a few years coming up. I see they now have mobile ordering for quick service but I don't see an option for ordering a burger or chicken nuggets for example without the fries/side. My mom is a light eater so she used to order something without the side and they'd take a couple dollars off, even though it wasn't listed as an option on the menu board. Is this no longer an option? Or do we need to place an order at the actual restaurant for this option rather than using mobile ordering? We are paying out of pocket for meals (no dining plan).
Yes, for something like this, you would need to order at the counter.

Thank you both! I didn't think about kids meals...I'll let her know that is an option. I just assumed they'd only let kids order them.

We were hoping to be able to use mobile ordering, but I'm glad the option is still available even if we have to skip mobile ordering and order at the counter instead.

Thank you both! I didn't think about kids meals...I'll let her know that is an option. I just assumed they'd only let kids order them.

We were hoping to be able to use mobile ordering, but I'm glad the option is still available even if we have to skip mobile ordering and order at the counter instead.
Kids meals are also a great option. I like to order them, so that I have more room for treats!

I like to order kids' meals, but unfortunately for me, I find that most places offer only foods kids might like-chicken nuggets, pizza, etc, which makes sense for kids, but not for adults with small appetites. Try to order a Moroccoan kid's meal at Tangerine Cafe, for example. Last time I was there, there is none. At the QS in Mexico, there were cheese quesadillas at least. And at Satuli Canteen, I had a kids chicken and rice bowl. Does anyone know of any other places that might have smaller, more ethnic portions of adult-type food in kid's meals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter