• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

quick service dining at boardwalk inn

minniegirl19

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! my family is thinking about changing our current reservation at WL to BWI. I noticed there isn't a quick service restaurant at the resort so what do you do for breakfast and is there a place to fill up a refillable mug? My dad always loves going down to the food court in the morning for coffee so what would he do here? Thanks

Hi everyone! my family is thinking about changing our current reservation at WL to BWI. I noticed there isn't a quick service restaurant at the resort so what do you do for breakfast and is there a place to fill up a refillable mug? My dad always loves going down to the food court in the morning for coffee so what would he do here? Thanks

I prefer to get coffee in the little bar area near the lobby.. I don't have to fight the crowds in that bakery mess

There is a sticky at the top of the board for CS options in the Epcot resort area :)

We stayed at BWV last May. We typically eat breakfast in the room and refill our mugs at the bar near the lobby. One morning, we did grab muffins/sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery, and it was quite yummy.

Also, I know this isn't for the morning, but you can get an awesome lobster roll at the boardwalk bakery. Worth every penny and FULL of lobster.

You can also go to beach club marketplace and the dolphin has a pretty decent place called picabu you could go to.

Then of course there's Epcot just a few steps away. We got fish in England and walked it over to boardwalk and it was delicious still!

I do love the boardwalk bakery in the morning though for getting some fruits and maybe a muffin or something.

Your only real option for filling your mugs is the Boardwalk Bakery. As far as CS options for breakfast, there are continental type breakfast offerings in the Belle Vue Lounge in the mornings. You also have the Boardwalk Bakery.

You can get mug refills at the pool bar. Not in the mug itself but show the mug, and they'll give you a cup of whatever soft drink you want. Unless they've since put in a drink station there.

The below is from my "About your Disney hotel resort arrival" email I just received. I'll be checking in at BWI for my first visit there on April 25.

Since you have a Disney dining plan, you can pick up your RAPID FILL Resort Refillable Mug(s) at the BoardWalk Bakery, Leaping Horse Libations, Seashore Sweets, Belle Vue Lounge or the Pizza Window.

The below is from my "About your Disney hotel resort arrival" email I just received. I'll be checking in at BWI for my first visit there on April 25.

Since you have a Disney dining plan, you can pick up your RAPID FILL Resort Refillable Mug(s) at the BoardWalk Bakery, Leaping Horse Libations, Seashore Sweets, Belle Vue Lounge or the Pizza Window.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with these places, the Boardwalk Bakery is right on the Boardwalk and is impossible to miss, Leaping Horse Libations is the main pool bar on the Villa side of the resort, Seashore Sweets is the candy store next to Kouzzina restaurant on the Boardwalk, the Belle Vue Lounge is indoors on the Inn side of the main lobby, and the Pizza Window is outside right by Kouzzina on the boardwalk itself.

If you aren't satisfied with the breakfast choices at Boardwalk Bakery, the Dolphin is a very short walk from there. They have Picabu, which is open 24 hours so your father could grab coffee there no matter how early he wakes up. However, in order to refill the resort mug he will have to go to the bakery or the Belle Vue Lounge. If you're looking for a simple muffin or Danish in the morning, head to the Belle Vue Lounge. Much quieter and less busy than the bakery but has the same muffin and Danish. If you want one of the hot sandwiches you'll have to head to the bakery. There is also Beach Club Marketplace across the lake, although we've never been there. Back to Picabu at the Dolphin, my parents stayed at the Dolphin a year and a half ago, and they loved getting breakfast there. They said that although it seems expensive, two people could easily share a breakfast platter there. They really enjoyed it, and they had breakfast there every morning with the exception of when we had a character breakfast ADR. I sometimes head over there when we're hanging out at the BWV pool and I need a little something for lunch. Very good food!

They do have a bakery where you can refill your mug and also pick up bakery items for breakfast. We have stayed at both WL and BWI. We enjoyed boardwalks location much more. It is very convenient to Epcot and HS.

We just stayed at the BWV and loved it! We ate breakfast one day in the Dolphin hotel at the fountain and another day in Epcot in the land. As stated before the Bakery has some good selections. Enjoy!

We are staying at BWV in June. We are not doing the DDP but I usually buy one mug for iced tea. Last time we were there the drink stations at BLT had the iced tea option for mug refills. Is tea available at the pool bar or just soft drinks?
Daisyx3

Enjoy the peace and quiet and beauty of the early morning!
I LOVE my early morning coffee in my refillable mug while on VACATION!:thumbsup2

BWV is an "alternate" possibility for our early Dec 4 night getaway as is VGF..At Animal Kingdom Jambo right now, but if one of the above comes up at 7 mos, will most likely switch...Really enjoy AKV also!

Stayed at the Beach Club a few years ago and LOVED THE vibe of the Boardwalk area!

Enjoy your vaca!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter