• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Dining Recap 12/18-23

csjordan

Yearning for the Ears
Hello!

Just wanted to share quick reviews from our most recent trip to WDW! Stayed 6 nights in a Boardwalk Pool View Studio with DS23 and DD20. Was a wonderful but fast trip back to our favorite place.

Saturday 12/18: Polite Pig Dinner: Before my daughter joined, we ate at Polite Pig for dinner. Shared the Butcher Board for 2 with Mac n Cheese and Brussel Sprouts as our sides of choice. Every single thing on the board was fabulous. Food here is consistently great. I tried the Sangria and DS tried the vodka lemonade, and neither cocktail was popular. Both tasted watered down and sweet and tasted like they had very little alcohol. Agreed next time we will stick to beer or wine here! 8/10

Sunday 12/19: Satuli Lunch: Wonderful as always. We shared the Beef and Chicken combination bowl and a sangria. Best QS in Disney still in my opinion. We hit this one every time! 8.5/10

Sunday 12/19: Sanna Dinner: OMG as always! Fabulous! We shared the bread service and then the chicken dish with basmati rice and chickpea wat. Left stuffed but everything was spectacular from the service (Dawn was great) to the food. Always an amazing experience and one of my favs in WDW. 9.5/10

Monday 12/20: Trattoria Al Forno Dinner: We booked dinner here day of after eating lunch at the Epcot Festival booths. DS ordered lasagna and found it very tasty. DD had a pepperoni pizza which was great! Not too doughy or greasy. I had the Chicken Parm, which was also a large portion and tasty. Service was VERY slow here; drinks and entrees came before the bread that we requested. Our server was somewhat inattentive, but food was nice and Sangria was great. Did end up loving Abracadabar next door! 7/10

Tuesday 12/21: Steakhouse 71 Dinner: We had to see what the hype was all about! We ordered the brioche, which was delicious, but the bread came out without the 71 (minor gripe). DD ordered the bacon and eggs appetizer (AMAZING) and the crab cakes appetizer, which was very good and full of crab. DS ordered the Prime Rib with Au Gratin potatoes. He loved the potatoes, very rich and creamy. Prime Rib was tender and cooked well, though it didn't come out particularly warm. I ordered the 71 Burger, which was worth every bit of the hype. DS ordered two cocktails, the Vodka Gimlet and Raspberry Gin drink, both which he enjoyed, but would pick other drinks next time. Server was AMAZING and had tons of knowledge about the backstory of the restaurant and menu. 8.5/10

Wednesday 12/22: 50's Prime Time Lunch: Did this actually as a walk up right at opening time, and we were surprisingly able to get right in! DS ordered the meatloaf, which was very tasty. He enjoyed the green beans as well. DD ordered the pot roast, which she also enjoyed. I ordered the fried chicken, which was great as always! Server was friendly and efficient but did not act in "character" per say. 50's is always very consistent and a good go-to. 7.5/10

I hope this helps with anyone curious about any of these restaurants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter