• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions for Experts/Med cruisers

Carie Baker

Mouseketeer
I was just told by DCL that Pirate night is not scheduled on my MED cruise this summer. Has anyone heard of this before? It is scheduled on other cruises this summer but not on our sailing. Does this mean no fireworks:(? Is there something else going on, are they going to do something else?

Thanks
Carie

It is possible that your cruise will have a Frozen night instead of Pirate Night. That's what we had on our Baltic cruise in 2015, but our Dover-Barcelona cruise has Pirate Night. A posting on the Disney Parks Blog a few months ago said that some European cruises this summer would have Frozen night, but didn't say which ones.

So, it looks as if they are doing Frozen and Pirates, but not on the same cruise.

On the Dover to Barcelona in 2015 we had both. But we're on the Baltic this year and it's just frozen.

We had pirate night on both of our Med cruises but no fireworks either time. I seem to recall being told that they can't get approval to do them in the Med. On our Baltic cruise there was a Frozen night instead of pirate night. We got necklaces with light-up snowflakes to wear (well, you got them after you completed a scavenger hunt - I don't know if everyone got them if you didn't do that). It wasn't as good IMO and I know that we joked afterwards that they took the frozen part literally. I was wearing open toed sandals and my feet were like ice after the party. It was quite cold and the ship was moving fairly fast. I should have worn something warmer but by the time I realized how cold it was going to be (this was July BTW) I wasn't willing to give up my spot with its great vantage point.

I'm on the Sept Med cruise and I really hope we will have pirate night (or at least something!). My youngest thoroughly enjoys it. Bummer if we wont have fireworks

last summer we had a 7 day cruise from Barca to Barca, we had a Frozen deck party and a Pirates one. I'd be devastated if it wasn't happening on my next cruise.

We had pirate night on both of our Med cruises but no fireworks either time. I seem to recall being told that they can't get approval to do them in the Med. On our Baltic cruise there was a Frozen night instead of pirate night. We got necklaces with light-up snowflakes to wear (well, you got them after you completed a scavenger hunt - I don't know if everyone got them if you didn't do that). It wasn't as good IMO and I know that we joked afterwards that they took the frozen part literally. I was wearing open toed sandals and my feet were like ice after the party. It was quite cold and the ship was moving fairly fast. I should have worn something warmer but by the time I realized how cold it was going to be (this was July BTW) I wasn't willing to give up my spot with its great vantage point.
I have been on 4 Disney Med cruises and every one of them had fireworks. The Med is fairly vast there isn't any logical reason why they couldn't be allowed.

I have been on 4 Disney Med cruises and every one of them had fireworks. The Med is fairly vast there isn't any logical reason why they couldn't be allowed.

Perhaps then it was just where we happened to be at the time of pirate night and/or weather and wind patterns. I definitely missed the pirate party with or without fireworks on the Baltic cruise. The Frozen party was kind of lame.

I'm on an FB group with the cruise and everyone seems really disappointed about it. A lot had already purchased pirate wear... We (as a group) are thinking to all wear our pirate stuff what should have been pirate night anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter